Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, me too. In fact, I may have actually OEM'd one already.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Oh buddy tell me more! Did you go center shaft or the standard model? I've been rolling it every time I go to Golftown and I've gotten over how ugly it looks and have just fallen in love.

Same here CB. I roll this putter more then any other putter in GG when I go and Ive completely become ok with its looks. And who wouldnt with how well it rolls the ball. Super easy to line up too.

I'm not using all TMaG stuff in terms of my shoes (Puma) and bag (Sun Mountain), but every club that my sponsor has been generous enough to provide to me at this point is in my bag now because I want to get as comfortable with the gear as I can be before the Morgan Cup. I just found it interesting that you've got the Backstryke for the Morgan Cup, but you're also testing out other putters at the same time. I'm sorry that I even threw my question out there, I just thought it was curious considering you've been such a great representative on here for all things Callaway over the past few months.

Who says I'm testing anything else right now? You shouldn't make assumptions, and you certainly shouldn't do it the way that you did it. You can always ask me in private, instead, you tried to make me look bad. I'll remember this on the afternoon of the 20th. Like I needed any more reason to embarrass you on a golf course. Thanks mate.

Same here CB. I roll this putter more then any other putter in GG when I go and Ive completely become ok with its looks. And who wouldnt with how well it rolls the ball. Super easy to line up too.

You bastard! Don't you realize you're a Callaway staffer? You better watch out, the Dolphin will try to publicly humiliate you for not being "loyal". What an ass clown.

All this talk of putters has me pondering the Ghost Spider now

I love this thread!

I am pondering a new driver.

Who says I'm testing anything else right now? You shouldn't make assumptions, and you certainly shouldn't do it the way that you did it. You can always ask me in private, instead, you tried to make me look bad. I'll remember this on the afternoon of the 20th. Like I needed any more reason to embarrass you on a golf course. Thanks mate.

You bastard! Don't you realize you're a Callaway staffer? You better watch out, the Dolphin will try to publicly humiliate you for not being "loyal". What an ass clown.

hahahahahaa That one line made me LOL. Its what I do bro. Hell I was supre intrigued by the Adams 3W's yesterday. I dont even know why. Maybe because the shafts matched my driver?

You've got the all clear to pull the trigger, I asked the dolphin, he said it was cool. Proceed with purchase.

adwillingham made the best point: I'm forever grateful to both companies involved in the MC, without either of them, it wasn't possible. I'd like to see some of the TM guys supporting Callaway to be honest.

ACTIVATE COLONEL'ING

Quite a few have been pondering this same putter. Some have even already OEM'ed it.

I love this thread!

I am pondering a new driver.

Nice buddy. What are you pondering?

You've got the all clear to pull the trigger, I asked the dolphin, he said it was cool. Proceed with purchase.

adwillingham made the best point: I'm forever grateful to both companies involved in the MC, without either of them, it wasn't possible. I'd like to see some of the TM guys supporting Callaway to be honest.

I agree. This is well said and 100% spot on. I love all my Razr stuff and love my #1 putter too. But doesnt mean Im still not going to roll other putters and hit other stuff.

DEACTIVATE COLONEL'ING

Kevin: when I sell my current driver I am going in for a driver fitting. I will be pondering whatever results the launch monitor spits out. Trying to go in without any prejudice either way!

Kevin: when I sell my current driver I am going in for a driver fitting. I will be pondering whatever results the launch monitor spits out. Trying to go in without any prejudice either way!

It's the best thing you can do. Just go in, open mind, and go with results. I'm sure some of the results will shock you but in the end think about what's best for your game and not the tag on head.

Still pondering the ghost spider this morning after sleeping it off, but TC OEM'ing it, and OEM loving it too isn't helping, oh and the fact that spanks and others love it too. I have to go to GolfTown this morning before my round to buy some balls, and I think its going to take all my power to walk out without a ghost spider.

It's the best thing you can do. Just go in, open mind, and go with results. I'm sure some of the results will shock you but in the end think about what's best for your game and not the tag on head.

No doubt and it is something I would have NEVER done before I found THP! Driver sold this morning so I will probably go in over the next 2-4 weeks....debating waiting until the 2012 demo day...tough choice. I have a solid 3 wood to use off the tee for the longer holes and the 3 iron on the shorter/play to a number holes to get me by (heck, might even lower my scores with some consistency).

Now pondering if I even go in for a fitting. Hmmm....I have a feeling the inevitable upcoming price drops on the current crop of drivers may pull me in before next May though.

No doubt and it is something I would have NEVER done before I found THP! Driver sold this morning so I will probably go in over the next 2-4 weeks....debating waiting until the 2012 demo day...tough choice. I have a solid 3 wood to use off the tee for the longer holes and the 3 iron on the shorter/play to a number holes to get me by (heck, might even lower my scores with some consistency).

Now pondering if I even go in for a fitting. Hmmm....I have a feeling the inevitable upcoming price drops on the current crop of drivers may pull me in before next May though.

Dude, don't wait for the outing, thats a longgggg way away. With the price drops that have already happened on the driver releases from earlier this year, now is the time to go in there, find the right driver for you, and get a great deal.,

Dude, don't wait for the outing, thats a longgggg way away. With the price drops that have already happened on the driver releases from earlier this year, now is the time to go in there, find the right driver for you, and get a great deal.,

I agree there's too much golf left this year to wait.

---
- Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

whats the release date on the j-40 wedges? anyone know?

Still pondering the ghost spider this morning after sleeping it off, but TC OEM'ing it, and OEM loving it too isn't helping, oh and the fact that spanks and others love it too. I have to go to GolfTown this morning before my round to buy some balls, and I think its going to take all my power to walk out without a ghost spider.

Dude all I could think about was how expensive my Augusts usually are and that's the ONLY thing keeping me from OEM'ing that bad boy.

May is a loooong time. Here's something that could help from personal experience. If you so get fit make sure you ask the fitter this silly little question that I figure a lot of folks out there rarely ask... Why? Reason I say that is that knowing "why" is what helps you down the line narrowing choices. It would be unrealistic to think that once you get fit for a driver you will not look at others. So knowing why x brand and x shaft was recommended to you would be beneficial later down the line. Always ask why? and you will get more out of a fitting than your average joe. (just an FYI that's how I learned to stay away from lighter, higher torque shafts and it was explained to me why by my TMPL fitter)

Agreed here. Besides there will be plenty else to ogle at the demo day as well. If you can get a deal jump on it.

I agree there's too much golf left this year to wait.

---
- Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Dude all I could think about was how expensive my Augusts usually are and that's the ONLY thing keeping me from OEM'ing that bad boy.

May is a loooong time. Here's something that could help from personal experience. If you so get fit make sure you ask the fitter this silly little question that I figure a lot of folks out there rarely ask... Why? Reason I say that is that knowing "why" is what helps you down the line narrowing choices. It would be unrealistic to think that once you get fit for a driver you will not look at others. So knowing why x brand and x shaft was recommended to you would be beneficial later down the line. Always ask why? and you will get more out of a fitting than your average joe. (just an FYI that's how I learned to stay away from lighter, higher torque shafts and it was explained to me why by my TMPL fitter)

Agreed here. Besides there will be plenty else to ogle at the demo day as well. If you can get a deal jump on it.

Thanks for the advice guys!! I will definitely use the "why" approach Spank!

Also - it does make sense to approach it now for the reasons you mentioned plus I need to be in best form possible for the team competition in May!!

Thanks for the advice guys!! I will definitely use the "why" approach Spank!

Also - it does make sense to approach it now for the reasons you mentioned plus I need to be in best form possible for the team competition in May!!

There you go! Now get in your car and hit some drivers!!!!!!

There you go! Now get in your car and hit some drivers!!!!!!

Ha - not quite! My back finally feels back to 100% after a week of painful spasms. Gonna do a session tomorrow after work with the VR Pro Combo's and make sure everything feels good before I go in for a long driver fitting session. Sure is fun thinking about new drivers though - there are SO many solid options out there right now!!

Representing Callaway or not, both companies make good equipment and both companies are sponsoring the cup. Thats a weak attempt at a cheapshot Ary. Is it because your a TMaGger? or because youre a paradisian?

Not an attempt at a cheapshot at all, I just thought the people in the Morgan Cup would only be using the equipment provided by their sponsor at this time with the Morgan Cup 2 weeks ago. Clearly I was wrong, and it was an error on my part to voice my opinion.

I wasn't trying to make you look bad at all, but clearly I phrased my question in a way that wasn't the best, and I apologize if you took any offense to it. Enjoy your new putter, and I look forward to our match in a couple of weeks. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on.

I almost OEM'd a Ghost Blade, Odyssey Tour Black #1 Wide and Cleveland BRZ Blade... Crap.

I'm pondering iron shafts now.

I think its great others support each other companies. I want to see some TM Staffers get in on the Callaway lines. Wait till we get to reunion and they get to hit our stuff. Should be fun!!! I still love the R11 driver but pondering what to do with it now that the Hawk is firmly in my bag.

**And by do with it I mean when do I pull it out to use.. No need for an individual thread on it :)

I almost OEM'd a Ghost Blade, Odyssey Tour Black #1 Wide and Cleveland BRZ Blade... Crap.
I'm pondering iron shafts now.

I think its great others support each other companies. I want to see some TM Staffers get in on the Callaway lines. Wait till we get to reunion and they get to hit our stuff. Should be fun!!! I still love the R11 driver but pondering what to do with it now that the Hawk is firmly in my bag.

**And by do with it I mean when do I pull it out to use.. No need for an individual thread on it :)

All 3? wow!! This is getting like cell phones for you!

Ok my pondering starts tomorrow when my credit processes at TGW. I'll have 505.00 sitting there to pick up a few rain gear goodies and more importantly a new driver. Just got back from the local GG testing into their more generic simulator a TM R11 and t***y 910D2. I love both at address. I hit the TM further by a good 10+ yards but had a larger dispersion. The 910 was up the middle 90% of the time. The t***y felt more alive however. The TM sounded like a dull thud. May have been my swing. I get nervous with people I don't know gawking at you while swinging. Lol. Both would suit me fine if I can straighten out the R11. Both were taped and had the stickers still on the face so I'm sure that didn't help anything.

My other pondering is shaft flex. My Pro says go stiff. I'm in the middle. I'm sitting at 95-96 mph swing speed so I could buy either one. I like the feel of the Reg flex better. More pop on the ball and more distance. Transition isn't to bad. I take it back slow and come to a stop before unleashing.

Any input would help. Distance matters to me but fairways matter more. It's my last missing link to my game. Putting well. Check! Short Game Improving. Check! Irons play. Check! Hybrids and Fairway woods. Check! Driver! Oh Dam*. Horrific most of the time with some incredible rounds mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back