Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any two in particular WE?

Pondering whether or not to install the belly shaft and grip on my Lajosi LPS1, shaft FINALLY came in today but I'm now averaging 28 putts per round with the Mills Woodie.

Averaging 28 putts per round?? Why in the heck are you even considering switching? Install it if you'd like, but I'd say do not game it until your putting takes a turn for the worst. Just my opinion.

Averaging 28 putts per round?? Why in the heck are you even considering switching? Install it if you'd like, but I'd say do not game it until your putting takes a turn for the worst. Just my opinion.

Oh I know, I'm confident enough in my putting I know I can stay around 32 putts with anything, its the favorite part of my game and the Woodie is just feeling impeccable right now. All this was bought before I knee jerk grabbed this latest Mills lol.

I'm pondering a driver. Any driver. Just put up a thread in the Marketplace forum. I need a new one.

Any two in particular WE?

Not sure yet, still looking around to get an idea on which I can get/afford.

Have my eye on a few. Saw an awesome Boccieri Golf Staff bag at Edwin Watts today.

I'm pondering about a 60 degree wedge. Been looking @ the Watson wedges and Cleveland's offerings. Think I'll have to wait til next spring. There's not much golf to play for me this year. Plus, I'm gonna hint at my wife about a new cart, a push cart, not a pull cart, like I currently have (squeeky wheels). Baamaapii

Oh I know, I'm confident enough in my putting I know I can stay around 32 putts with anything, its the favorite part of my game and the Woodie is just feeling impeccable right now. All this was bought before I knee jerk grabbed this latest Mills lol.

I don't know if I've ever had only 32 putts in a round. LOL. Kidding of course, but for some odd reason my putting has been WAY off lately. It is very frustrating to hit a ton of GIR and end up with pars. (E.g. I hit 14 GIR about 1 month ago and had zero 1 putts. FML). I know you are a putter ho, so why not go for it?!

My pondering right now is cutting down my FL 3W a bit so its more controllable. Weak I know, but I have nothing else to ponder. Today I took out the Nike VR Pro 3W and was much more accurate with it. But it was shorter too.

My pondering right now is cutting down my FL 3W a bit so its more controllable. Weak I know, but I have nothing else to ponder. Today I took out the Nike VR Pro 3W and was much more accurate with it. But it was shorter too.

defeats the purpose of having a FW that is an inch longer :p I feel you on the control thing which is why I choked up on mine when I needed to be more accurate.

defeats the purpose of having a FW that is an inch longer :p I feel you on the control thing which is why I choked up on mine when I needed to be more accurate.

I hear ya. But that little amount makes such a huge difference. I did notice how much shorter the Nike was today though.

I hear ya. But that little amount makes such a huge difference. I did notice how much shorter the Nike was today though.

Were you losing a lot of distance? Just curious, because I am very stubborn when it comes to choking down. (Not sure why.)

I hit the R11 and the FL at the store...the R11 was my favorite but I loved being able to get the extra distance from the FL. You should try the R11 its cool how you can change it from 14-16* and stuff.

Pondering Adams Pro A12 as a replacement for my old Miz MX17's. They may be too much stick for me but I swear I cant feel a thing with my current set.. mid-upper handie..

Were you losing a lot of distance? Just curious, because I am very stubborn when it comes to choking down. (Not sure why.)

You know, its all relative but it sure seemed like it was quite a bit shorter. I only hit it twice today though. One hole though was one I hit the FL on last time and it was much further.

You know, its all relative but it sure seemed like it was quite a bit shorter. I only hit it twice today though. One hole though was one I hit the FL on last time and it was much further.

You were pounding the nike the last time we played.

You were pounding the nike the last time we played.

I keep going back to it too. But the Cleveland is definitely longer. Or so it seems.

I keep going back to it too. But the Cleveland is definitely longer. Or so it seems.

are you hitting it as straight as your were the nike?

are you hitting it as straight as your were the nike?

No. Last time I went to the range I couldn't hit it straight so the Nike came back out. Consistency is what the Cleveland lacks for me.

No. Last time I went to the range I couldn't hit it straight so the Nike came back out. Consistency is what the Cleveland lacks for me.

Do you get a wicked cut with it?

I'm pondering about a 60 degree wedge. Been looking @ the Watson wedges and Cleveland's offerings. Think I'll have to wait til next spring. There's not much golf to play for me this year. Plus, I'm gonna hint at my wife about a new cart, a push cart, not a pull cart, like I currently have (squeeky wheels). Baamaapii

Love me some v-sole. Have you looked at eidolon or the SCOR clubs? Reviews all over the place in the forums right now for SCOR.

Was goofing around with hybrids a couple days ago. My favorite, into the net anyway, was a used TM Burner Rescue from 2-3 years ago. Has busy graphics all over the crown. Been poking around ebay for them. Trying to do an internet search on these is impossible. There's like 76 models of Burner Rescues. Anyone have experience with this club?

eqil06_hytayburner.jpg

Only pics I could find, sorry. Yeah, they're old, but it felt really nice and could be a cheap buy for winter golf.

Was goofing around with hybrids a couple days ago. My favorite, into the net anyway, was a used TM Burner Rescue from 2-3 years ago. Has busy graphics all over the crown. Been poking around ebay for them. Trying to do an internet search on these is impossible. There's like 76 models of Burner Rescues. Anyone have experience with this club?

eqil06_hytayburner.jpg

Only pics I could find, sorry. Yeah, they're old, but it felt really nice and could be a cheap buy for winter golf.

I'm constantly trying to find hybrids to kick these out of my bag and it hasn't happened yet. I have the 3 and the 4. I can't launch them as high as some hybrids I have it but they are certainly long for me.

Den Caddy.

Could come into fruition very soon.

eqil06_hytayburner.jpg

Ive had mine for about a year, love that hybrid (until recently, ive started hooking it), its scary long, and if you want a real treat, hit the 3W from the same year, its the longest 3W ive had by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back