Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to find an Anser style milled putter that is 33 inches and 360grams. I would love to have an Odyssey Black, but they are 350 grams and I don't want to lead tape a putter.

Piretti Cortino or Cottonwood 2 depending on how much toe hang you like. If you give them an email or call Mike is more then happy to help you figure out exactly what you need

Piretti Cortino or Cottonwood 2 depending on how much toe hang you like. If you give them an email or call Mike is more then happy to help you figure out exactly what you need

Great idea! I will have to keep that in mind.

Piretti makes a fantastic putter

Great idea! I will have to keep that in mind.

Piretti makes a fantastic putter

Indeed. Mostly importantly for Seth though is that they have awesome milling and variable headweights in all their models so he can adjust the length and the headweight as needed. Even better is that it's part of the Piretti service rather then spending a extra huge chunk for Ping WRX to do it for one of their Anser's (I believe it's about $400 to alter the weight on a new Anser. That's on top of the standard price tag).

I'd like to get a set (driver, fairway, hybrid) of vintage Knit headcovers without taking a 2nd mortgage. Anyone have good luck with the Rocket Tour brand?

My flirtation with a Supertri is over. I have hit it on a few occaisions, and it is a great feeling driver with the stock Aldila shaft. Everytime I see a great deal on one, I am tempted to snag it. I finally got one on a launch monitor today, and my spin numbers were through the roof. Didn't have any that were below 4 grand, and most were over 5000. I know I could bring them down some with a different shaft, but I produce too much spin for such a high spinning head.

I also hit the R9, R9 460 and Superdeep. When I hit it well, I was creaming the Superdeep. My two longest drives were with it, and it wasn't close.

Starting to get used to my Ping i15s so my pondering seems to be over.......for now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My flirtation with a Supertri is over. I have hit it on a few occaisions, and it is a great feeling driver with the stock Aldila shaft. Everytime I see a great deal on one, I am tempted to snag it. I finally got one on a launch monitor today, and my spin numbers were through the roof. Didn't have any that were below 4 grand, and most were over 5000. I know I could bring them down some with a different shaft, but I produce too much spin for such a high spinning head.

I also hit the R9, R9 460 and Superdeep. When I hit it well, I was creaming the Superdeep. My two longest drives were with it, and it wasn't close.

5k mate? Doesn't matter what shaft you use, nothing is going to cut that down to reasonable.
The Superdeep is a great driver when you're on. Hit that sweet spot and nothing else get's out there like it. Not so forgiving when you miss the dead center though. I really like it but it really needs the right shaft pairing and head tuning. I'm half thinking of picking up a R9 420 head and see the difference between them.

Yep 5k, I thought the LM was just off, but I was hitting a VR Pro with the PX shaft also and the bs numbers were around 3k, still high but reasonable.

Yeah the Superdeep was not forgiving AT ALL, but man it was fun when you got it right. I definitely dont' have the game for it however. I wasn't getting very good smashfactor numbers out of the R9, even on seemingly well struck shots. It was a used driver, so I wonder if it had lost its "ping", the shaft didn't work for me, or maybe I just suck.

I was considering grabbing a used driver if I found one I hit significantly better than my own, to hold me over until early next year. I want to do a golftec fitting when the new stuff starts rolling out, and my swing is a little more consistent.

Pondering if any hybrids will replace the mashies in my bag or not

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I still love the Mashies and don't see them going out any time soon. I have seen a lot of people lately moving away from them do to them "hooking" too much with this club. I don't see it I just see nice straight shot when I take my time and don't try to kill it.

I'm pondering adding a putter to my collection. I'm thinking a Taylor Made spider ghost or an Odyssey sabertooth. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on these two putters?

I'm pondering adding a putter to my collection. I'm thinking a Taylor Made spider ghost or an Odyssey sabertooth. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on these two putters?

I play the ghost spider and I love it. Great insert, super easy to aim, high MOI, just so much to like about this putter. I am playing the center shafted version and I love it, but I also really liked the other version a lot too! Super solid putter and there is an entire thread about the ghost spider that has a bunch of great info in it.

Yep 5k, I thought the LM was just off, but I was hitting a VR Pro with the PX shaft also and the bs numbers were around 3k, still high but reasonable.

Yeah the Superdeep was not forgiving AT ALL, but man it was fun when you got it right. I definitely dont' have the game for it however. I wasn't getting very good smashfactor numbers out of the R9, even on seemingly well struck shots. It was a used driver, so I wonder if it had lost its "ping", the shaft didn't work for me, or maybe I just suck.

I was considering grabbing a used driver if I found one I hit significantly better than my own, to hold me over until early next year. I want to do a golftec fitting when the new stuff starts rolling out, and my swing is a little more consistent.

RAZR Hawk.

I was about 4k RPM until I paired this head with a PX and I'm now about 2800~

Dude...razr hybrids are legit

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have used the sabertooth for about two years and I love it.It seems to be better on fast of med.fast greens with the white insert.

RAZR Hawk.

I was about 4k RPM until I paired this head with a PX and I'm now about 2800~

That will very much be an option come December/January when I decide to get fitted for a new driver. Right now my driver swing is mess, and I don't want to spend 400+ on a driver until I know my swing isn't changing. My SS can flux by 10MPH right now... not good for getting fitted. I was just hoping to find something I hit better used in the 100-150 range to be a bandaid until then. I haven't found anything I hit significantly better than my driver for that price.

Tried all the OEM clubs. Problem is you pay big money for a set , and 3 months later they replace it. I have now gone for craftmanship and longevity. Bought a set of Honma clubs. Absolute perfection. Can not see myself changing for years to come. Hitting them is pure joy. Worth the outlay.

Last edited:
Tried all the OEM clubs. Problem is you pay big money for a set , and 3 months later they replace it. I have now gone for craftmanship and longevity. Bought a set of Honma clubs. Absolute perfection. Can not see myself changing for years to come. Hitting them is pure joy. Worth the outlay.

Take some pictures dude. Would love to see these irons

After hearing all the wonderful things about the Piretti, I am contemplating getting one. I need to find the $$$ first. Anybody want to buy a custom painted Scotty? I am also contemplating a putter fitting, but I have to find somewhere that will do a good job.

After hearing all the wonderful things about the Piretti, I am contemplating getting one. I need to find the $$$ first. Anybody want to buy a custom painted Scotty? I am also contemplating a putter fitting, but I have to find somewhere that will do a good job.

Seemore dude! It is only in Franklin, TN. Only a 6 hour road trip!

Seemore. You can go high end and get something that fits you really well, Seth.

I liked those but wasn't crazy about the sound on them

Dude...razr hybrids are legit

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I rarely, if ever, hook them but I think I may be the only person that can slice a Mashie shot.

I still love the Mashies and don't see them going out any time soon. I have seen a lot of people lately moving away from them do to them "hooking" too much with this club. I don't see it I just see nice straight shot when I take my time and don't try to kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back