Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer! Hopefully you can find something for a good price, buddy.

Do they have rainbow grips!?

I agree, this driver launches too high for the 10.5, the 9.5 will probably be perfect for you. And Ive found the stock shaft to be quite good too.

Ping is notorious for having the actual loft on their driver be higher then there number. They know too many people think driver loft equals wenis size so give you a lower number and a higher loft. If you're really dead set on a loft number order the club direct through Ping. They'll do digital lofting for $10 over the standard price.

RXT's, maybe go back to the Diablo Forged. I don't have a lot of money, but, with my swing change, I need something more forgiving. I also don't have a lot of extra funds at the moment.

Ahh DF's. Those are some seriously under rated sticks. I still like the Razr forged better for what I need/want but the feel of those puppies are great and everyone that's stuck with them that I know gets impressive results.

I picked up a Miyazaki Kusala Silver from a buddy this weekend. Its a XS (normally play a S), but he didnt want it so he traded it to me instead of selling it on eBay. I just tipped it for my SuperTri, I hope to be able to hit the range this Weds when the weather warms up a bit.

I currently game a Project X 6.0 in my ST, but I've heard so many great things about the Kusala Silver I couldnt pass it up. I owe him 2 cases of beer and 3 rounds of car bombs in return.

That's a pretty great trade!

I know this may not be actual pondering, but checking golfgalaxy.com I saw a few newer models of the Cleveland Black Platinum putters, I think in a 1.5 and 7 models. Also saw a belly putter in the #1 model as well. I think they say they come out in late November if i remember right. The 7 model really looks nice, does anyone have info on these newer putters from Cleveland?

I know this may not be actual pondering, but checking golfgalaxy.com I saw a few newer models of the Cleveland Black Platinum putters, I think in a 1.5 and 7 models. Also saw a belly putter in the #1 model as well. I think they say they come out in late November if i remember right. The 7 model really looks nice, does anyone have info on these newer putters from Cleveland?

I've seen a few things out there, but I'm looking forward to hearing more.

The Almost Belly has a thread with video in the Flatstick forum if you want to check it out.

Hawk, this belly putter Im refering to seems like an actual one, it has lengths in 41' and 43' instead of the Almost Belly being 39' I think it is?
Here's a link for the belly putter, for $130 that is a great price for someone who would want to try one Id say. The 7 model Im liking looks kinda like a TP Mills style or Ping ZB model I think, but I wanna see more pictures and an in-person look too.
http://www.golfgalaxy.com/Cleveland...ack-Platinum-Belly-Putter/FA11BPBELLY/Product

Yea, that is a great price. Thanks for the link. I'm liking the #7 as well. That's probably my favorite style visually. The #3 is actually pretty similar to that, but appears to have a little less offset and some different weighting.

I played the #3 for awhile and still like it. I've noticed that it feels very weighty in my hands compared to what I'm playing now. Not sure why since they are not that much different in weight.

Yeah the 3 model does look very nice as well, I wonder if the newer models will be available in the other finishes. Since it looks they release later in November I guess we will get a look at these soon enough, hopefully they will be as good as they always are!

Yea, I'm not sure if we'll see different colors or not. Cleveland really seems to be strong with the black theme. I definitely wouldn't mind picking up that #7. Might be a good gift idea for the holidays! Can't go wrong at that price.

Picked up my reshafted irons today and whilst there I took out their demo G20 driver which I'll use on Saturday.

The pro there knows my swing and has recommended the stock tour shaft in xtra stiff. He seems to think the stock options work better with that driver than after market options.

Looking forward to trying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my reshafted irons today and whilst there I took out their demo G20 driver which I'll use on Saturday.

The pro there knows my swing and has recommended the stock tour shaft in xtra stiff. He seems to think the stock options work better with that driver than after market options.

Looking forward to trying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let us know how it turns out. I love the look of that driver!

Thinking about a new shaft for my Mashie, my Miyazaki is only a 59g stiff flex, but I need an X-Stiff shaft(couldnt buy Mashie in a X at Golf Galaxy when I bought it). Ive had good performance even with the stiff flex shaft but an X-stiff I think will allow me to make a better pass at the ball more confidently. Any thoughts on the Proforce V2 hybrid shafts? Im looking at one one ebay I can buy for $35, I think it is a 90g shaft. Heavier shafts I think work well with fast swing speeds for hybrids, am I correct?

Looking at a new driver. When my shaft adapter came unglued and the head went flying it hasnt been the same since :(

and coon my buddy has that in his hybrids and he loves it.

Looking at a new driver. When my shaft adapter came unglued and the head went flying it hasnt been the same since :(

and coon my buddy has that in his hybrids and he loves it.

Some really good options out there right now. The Razr Hawk, titleist 910, Ping G20 to name a couple.

Tapatalked by Siri on my iPhone 4

Some really good options out there right now. The Razr Hawk, titleist 910, Ping G20 to name a couple.

Too many good options right now lol! I really liked the Hawk when I hit it (last year) and was getting some great SS out of it and its now cheaper.

Too many good options right now lol! I really liked the Hawk when I hit it (last year) and was getting some great SS out of it and its now cheaper.

Yeah it just dropped in price didn't it?

Yeah it just dropped in price didn't it?

Yeah 299 instead of 399.

I really am interested to see the new things coming out too...CG Black is prob too light for me (I couldnt hit the 270 to save my life) but I want to try it.

With the West Coast Florida irons/hybrid round coming up in a few weeks, I am now in all out ponder mode for a new Hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back