Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now pondering:

RBZ driver

Mashie 3W (still)
Nike VR S Forged irons
Maybe a putter or three

Me too! I can't wait to spend some time with the RBZ and R11s.

Me too! I can't wait to spend some time with the RBZ and R11s.

I'll admit to already having some preconceived thoughts on the R11s but I'll still hit it and give it a chance. But the RBZ just sounds beastly.

I'll admit to already having some preconceived thoughts on the R11s but I'll still hit it and give it a chance. But the RBZ just sounds beastly.

I do as well, but the bigger head has me a little excited. (that's what she said) The RBZ definitely sounds bad arse and I will have it on a launch monitor in early Feb.

Solid pondering's lads. THe Mashie 3wood will be mine. No doubts about it. If I were to have a TM driver in 2012 I'd love to try the RBZ but I think the R11S is exactly what the doctor ordered. I had such up and down results with the R11. When I was grooving it, it was awesome, but when not, it wasn't so badass.

I'm also pondering the crap out of some Never Compromise putters.

And lets be honest, an R11s in the bag sounds much better then loading up the Rocketballz.

Great ponders in here today. I'm pondering irons hard and I have no idea at this point at all.

Great ponders in here today. I'm pondering irons hard and I have no idea at this point at all.

At this point you have no choice but to hawkponder the crap out of some Callaway irons.

Yeah, I think it depends on whether or not Callaway opens up the entire catalog to you guys or not. I would highly recommend RXT's bro.

Yeah, I think it depends on whether or not Callaway opens up the entire catalog to you guys or not. I would highly recommend RXT's bro.
Thats what I'm looking at right now. The iron fitting tool keeps putting me in the RXT's with the Razr forged being the second option but I'm not sure I would go there. The new iron lines don't really look like something that I'm looking for in irons right now.

go nuts with some RXForged!
THey are on my mind dude, I'd play them I think as I loved the MC's and these seem similar. I don't know though, I do love forgiveness and stronger lofts. Maybe I could have them bent a little.

THey are on my mind dude, I'd play them I think as I loved the MC's and these seem similar. I don't know though, I do love forgiveness and stronger lofts. Maybe I could have them bent a little.

I hit them at a demo day a couple months ago and was really impressed. You can definitely bend them a couple degrees stronger.

Thats what I'm looking at right now. The iron fitting tool keeps putting me in the RXT's with the Razr forged being the second option but I'm not sure I would go there. The new iron lines don't really look like something that I'm looking for in irons right now.

I can see that. I was looking at the specs on those Blacks today. They seem like nice options too but maybe a bit too big and bulky (like the Razr X's).

I'm like DJ, Razr X Forged dude. I wish I would've got those.

Along with the new SeeMore Putter, I am also dying to hit the R11s and the Cleveland Classic drivers, along with the Mashie and Rocketballz Woods and hybrids. I really think that the Mashie is for me - the closed face, the sole rails making it easier off of the turf....but the distance of the RBZ just intrigues me. Does it translate to the average golfer, or is it just for tour pros like DJ to bomb? I think that with a more forgiving driver, the SeeMore I'm getting, and a better 3W or hybrid, that my game (and my bag) would be set for a good while.

Well, it is looking like I will have a Cleveland Classic Platinum #6 Putter in a few days. A shirt order didn't work out, so CS is arranging for the putter to be sent instead.

I hit them at a demo day a couple months ago and was really impressed. You can definitely bend them a couple degrees stronger.

I can see that. I was looking at the specs on those Blacks today. They seem like nice options too but maybe a bit too big and bulky (like the Razr X's).

I'm like DJ, Razr X Forged dude. I wish I would've got those.
I think you both are on to something there. Its mostly pointless until we know what is even going to be offered. I'm looking at the RazrX forged irons on the website right now and they are dead sessy. Give those guys some stronger lofts and I think you have a winner.

So I actually decided on the new set of irons. I put in the custom order prior to Xmas and they arrived at the store today. Barring any inconsistencies with the order, I will update this thread later this evening with the pictures of the winning set.

Thanks to all of those that helped with the decision, including JB, One-T, Tadashi and TC.

That's awesome looper! Can't wait to see what you came up with dude.

So after hitting several sets of irons on the monitors, on grass and on the mats, I decided to go with...

Spoiler

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I went with the bridgestone j40 dual pocket cavities, 4-pw, with DG x-100s; 1 degree strong, 1 degree upright, an extra quarter inch in length and grips with name underneath.

I loved how these things performed and the feeling was great. Actually, all the iron sets I hit were great and performed well (TM R11 and some mizzies were among those hit). These weren't the longest, but I believe (according to my math) that it was entirely due to the loft, hence the additional degree in loft strength. Because all the irons I hit were great, these won me over because I loved the feeling and, quite frankly, I liked the idea of having something that you just don't see out on the course all that often.

Very nice interlooper!!! Color me jealous right now. Great purchase - congrats!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Looper, that's a fantastic purchase! I really do think that those irons could be the irons of 2012. I'm not joking. Congrats on your purchase buddy. I bet they treat you wonderfully.

I'm gonna try me some ROCKETBALLZ ​come February

Hey as everyone else did today i got a ton of emails on the new taylormade lines. So i went over to check some info on on taylormade's website and i noticed that they have the r11 irons listed on previous models are there any plans on introducing and new irons outside of the rbz ones?

Looper those are some sweet irons, congrats man.

Great looking sticks interlooper! Keep us updated on how they treat you.

Pondering j40 wedges. But scared they won't spin for me like my non CC nikes do

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

So after hitting several sets of irons on the monitors, on grass and on the mats, I decided to go with...

Spoiler

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I went with the bridgestone j40 dual pocket cavities, 4-pw, with DG x-100s; 1 degree strong, 1 degree upright, an extra quarter inch in length and grips with name underneath.

I loved how these things performed and the feeling was great. Actually, all the iron sets I hit were great and performed well (TM R11 and some mizzies were among those hit). These weren't the longest, but I believe (according to my math) that it was entirely due to the loft, hence the additional degree in loft strength. Because all the irons I hit were great, these won me over because I loved the feeling and, quite frankly, I liked the idea of having something that you just don't see out on the course all that often.

Very beautiful sticks. Great purchase!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back