Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those J40's look beautiful. Have fun with them!

Great looking clubs interlooper!

Great buy interlooper! Those are some great looking irons!

Okay, I am the Proud New Owner of a Cleveland Classics Platinum #6! I love these putters, and this one is only setting me back 10 bucks.

Okay, I am the Proud New Owner of a Cleveland Classics Platinum #6! I love these putters, and this one is only setting me back 10 bucks.

Sweet deal dude. How did that happen?

I'm pondering a new hybrid shaft. I'm thinking about grabbinga UST Proforce V2, they are just so cheap that if it doesn't work out I won't feel too bad about it.

Pondering an Iomic grip for my putters, and a Greensaver Repair tool

Sweet deal dude. How did that happen?
Short and sweet version:GPPGolf has a Buy 2 get one free sale on all apparel.I buy 3 shirts, at 40 bucks each. 1 free, 80 bucks total.I am told one of the shirts is out of stock. Choose two more shirts that equal 40 bucks.I am told today that these are out of stock.Putter is selling for 60 bucks. GPP sells to me at 50 bucks for my trouble, and throws in free shipping. In other words, 2 shirts and a new putter for 90 bucks.

I need new irons, I botched my own reshaft job so badly that I can't even look at them anymore..

I'm pondering a new hybrid shaft. I'm thinking about grabbinga UST Proforce V2, they are just so cheap that if it doesn't work out I won't feel too bad about it.

If it fits your swing it is a killer shaft. I love it a bunch. (Do it!)

I need new irons, I botched my own reshaft job so badly that I can't even look at them anymore..

What's on your radar?

Short and sweet version:GPPGolf has a Buy 2 get one free sale on all apparel.I buy 3 shirts, at 40 bucks each. 1 free, 80 bucks total.I am told one of the shirts is out of stock. Choose two more shirts that equal 40 bucks.I am told today that these are out of stock.Putter is selling for 60 bucks. GPP sells to me at 50 bucks for my trouble, and throws in free shipping. In other words, 2 shirts and a new putter for 90 bucks.

That's a win dude. Nice job.

11* driver.

Having trouble getting it up? Or do you want more accuracy or something?

no kidding?!? Why? I dont remember you having a low ball flight with your driver

I dont have a low one, but pairing that with a low launching shaft would deliver a cannon for me, I think.

Im thinking nunchuk, I have a px 7.0, my RIP S red eyes in my super deep goes too high. Maybe I just need a low launching shaft for my SD.

I dont have a low one, but pairing that with a low launching shaft would deliver a cannon for me, I think.

Im thinking nunchuk, I have a px 7.0, my RIP S red eyes in my super deep goes too high. Maybe I just need a low launching shaft for my SD.

I hear your thoughts. Hell, it may just work. I am sure you can find an 11* head for next to nothing.

Very nice interlooper!!! Color me jealous right now. Great purchase - congrats!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Looper, that's a fantastic purchase! I really do think that those irons could be the irons of 2012. I'm not joking. Congrats on your purchase buddy. I bet they treat you wonderfully.

Looper those are some sweet irons, congrats man.

Great looking sticks interlooper! Keep us updated on how they treat you.

Very beautiful sticks. Great purchase!!

Those J40's look beautiful. Have fun with them!

Great looking clubs interlooper!

Great buy interlooper! Those are some great looking irons!

Thanks guys; I love these B-stones. It was too cold to go to the range last night, but I did do some carpet chipping with the PW. The feeling when it explodes off the face reminded me why I liked them so much.

So after hitting several sets of irons on the monitors, on grass and on the mats, I decided to go with...

Spoiler

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I went with the bridgestone j40 dual pocket cavities, 4-pw, with DG x-100s; 1 degree strong, 1 degree upright, an extra quarter inch in length and grips with name underneath.

I loved how these things performed and the feeling was great. Actually, all the iron sets I hit were great and performed well (TM R11 and some mizzies were among those hit). These weren't the longest, but I believe (according to my math) that it was entirely due to the loft, hence the additional degree in loft strength. Because all the irons I hit were great, these won me over because I loved the feeling and, quite frankly, I liked the idea of having something that you just don't see out on the course all that often.

Oh man, I just saw this. Thats so awesome bro!!! They look so good. I will be jealous (til mine arrive)

I want J40 DPC's. Badly, I'm in full winter time ponder mode. I'm convinced they are the only irons that would convince me to leave my 2.0's.

I'm even considering selling off putters to make it happen, its that serious of a ponder. They are GORGEOUS and deadly.

I want J40 DPC's. Badly, I'm in full winter time ponder mode. I'm convinced they are the only irons that would convince me to leave my 2.0's.

I'm even considering selling off putters to make it happen, its that serious of a ponder. They are GORGEOUS and deadly.

That is saying ALOT! Do it man!! :D

I absolutely love this ponder.

That is saying ALOT! Do it man!! :D

Seriously, I've sat here at work after finishing lecture trying to think of what I could get out of what putters. Sheesh.

Oh man, I just saw this. Thats so awesome bro!!! They look so good. I will be jealous (til mine arrive)

yeah man; i am pumped. I went with my typical dg's, instead of the flighted.... but I figured you would forgive me for that.

next up is wedges, but I am waiting till the outing to make a decision on those.

If it fits your swing it is a killer shaft. I love it a bunch. (Do it!)

What's on your radar?

Well I played The new Titleist CB's basically all of last year and shot my best scores of the year with those. Even careered it. So that's the first step is to take a look at what they offer this year.

I know it is early, but I am really interested in the new ATV wedge. I can see myself picking up a 58* and maybe even a 54*. We'll see!

Well I played The new Titleist CB's basically all of last year and shot my best scores of the year with those. Even careered it. So that's the first step is to take a look at what they offer this year.

Well the 712's look like they're a very similar club, so yeah that'd be a great place to start. I think the Nike Pro Combo CB irons look great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back