Flight Simulation (PC)

Cool. ? Could a person learn the basics of flying a real plane through these simulator programs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat if they focused on learning the basic maneuvers of flying such as climbing, descending, turns, etc.

It would help a bit but honestly basic flying involves hands and feet skills that could only be accomplished with actual flight training.

Somewhat if they focused on learning the basic maneuvers of flying such as climbing, descending, turns, etc.

It would help a bit but honestly basic flying involves hands and feet skills that could only be accomplished with actual flight training.

Yea I would definitely want to be certified with real time flight training before I would even consider any type of aircraft!

Back in the day I thought really hard about the Air Force Academy and working towards being a pilot. Never panned out and instead , I became a grunt in Vietnam.

Yea I would definitely want to be certified with real time flight training before I would even consider any type of aircraft!

Back in the day I thought really hard about the Air Force Academy and working towards being a pilot. Never panned out and instead , I became a grunt in Vietnam.

You said you admire us guys but in reality it's YOU guys that I admire.
BTW, it's never too late to learn to fly. Go take a discovery flight to see if it's for you.

Cool. ? Could a person learn the basics of flying a real plane through these simulator programs?

I did a flying lesson in a 182. I was familiar with a lot of the instruments from playing FS. I also went in a real world airline simulator (the enclosed hydraulic things). I'm pleased to say I kept the flight straight through some pretty hard turbulence and got the aircraft down smack on the centerline. That said, you don't have the pressure of dying if you get it wrong LOL.

uploadfromtaptalk1440902122319.jpg Havana this morning.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

I think so.

uploadfromtaptalk1440903513854.jpg Not much happening for the Cuban fleet on a Saturday.

Yikes. I don't think I'd be caught dead on any of that Russian made stuff. :/

Just completed Hilo to Honolulu.

I need some scenery upgrades. This is going to cost me a fortune this winter!

When I finally get to tee it up with JRod I'll ask him how's work and he'll say, well I just got my commercial airline license and I'm doing great!

When I finally get to tee it up with JRod I'll ask him how's work and he'll say, well I just got my commercial airline license and I'm doing great!

Haha don't know about that but I could definitely see myself taking some small GA lessons next year!

Pretty soon you'll need to give this one a shot... When i was flying on the United Virtual airline, this was the checkride on the 747... LDA/DME approach past downtown with a hard left onto 26L.... Pretty cool.
http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1509/00754LDAD26L.PDF

I flew a 767 from Atlanta to Orlando just for fun on Sunday morning.... Flew the same approach i did in real life on our last trip down there... Still pretty amazing that it all looks the same at 27,000 feet.

Quick question, I know this may sound stupid, but do you actually have to be active the whole flight? So if it's a 4 flight you must actually sit there for 4 hours and take off, cruise and land the flight?

Quick question, I know this may sound stupid, but do you actually have to be active the whole flight? So if it's a 4 flight you must actually sit there for 4 hours and take off, cruise and land the flight?
If you are flying 'online' like vatsim, generally yes... If you venture into center coverage and dont respond to the controller they can kick you off the system i believe... if wouldn't affect your airplane flying, but the 'online' aspect could be terminated..

Flight Simulation (PC)

Depends.

If you use P3D you can fast forward.

However if you use vatsim (real atc,etc) you can't do that. But when most people do long hauls they don't sit there for hours.

So yes and No I guess is the answer .

If you were flying transatlantic flights or over the pacific you could probably check out and let the autopilot fly it... I do that quite a bit and come back to make sure no warnings or cautions have come on. If you have the realism setting setup, there's always the possibility something could go wrong.

Haha. Alright, thanks. Was just curious but was reading this the other day and it seems really interesting.

Haha. Alright, thanks. Was just curious but was reading this the other day and it seems really interesting.
It's really fun in that it allows you to do whatever you like, from seaplanes up in Alaska, to flying cross country in a Cessna 172 to flying an a380 or 787 on a route a real plane is flying at that moment.. The possibilities really are endless.

It's really fun in that it allows you to do whatever you like, from seaplanes up in Alaska, to flying cross country in a Cessna 172 to flying an a380 or 787 on a route a real plane is flying at that moment.. The possibilities really are endless.

Yep was watching a guy last night fly the exact emirates flight from Dubai to Manchester that was happening at that moment and he was within 10nm the entire time.

It's actually kind of scary the information you can get on the Internet.

Flight Simulation (PC)

You can make it what you want but it can very expensive heh.

I have about 300$ invested in 5 planes and the game. That's no scenery or program add ons either yet.

You can make it what you want but it can very expensive heh.

I have about 300$ invested in 5 planes and the game. That's no scenery or program add ons either yet.

Pretty sure my wife would kill me, I already spend enough on golf. haha

Pretty sure my wife would kill me, I already spend enough on golf. haha

You can have a blast with just 50$ too though .

I'm so vain I need the pretty stuff

Back