Forum Testing Example Thread

I wasn't entirely sure whether to include this in here or start a new thread (assuming it hasn't already been asked) but I was curious to know how the testers are decided based on the quoted text below that appears in every signup thread

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

What is considered to be an active member? Stating that it is more than tenure, I initially thought it maybe had something to do with post count, but after seeing people being picked for testing who only had a handful of posts despite their join date being years ago I decided it mustn't be that, but I am then at a loss to understand how this is decided?

This is in now way a gripe at not being picked myself but a genuine question - with the number of people here on the site and who throw their names into the hat for a testing opportunity, those that are selected are the lucky few, but I thought that maybe an explanation into what is considered a suitable candidate might help any newer members understand the process of how the testers are selected

I wasn't entirely sure whether to include this in here or start a new thread (assuming it hasn't already been asked) but I was curious to know how the testers are decided based on the quoted text below that appears in every signup thread

What is considered to be an active member? Stating that it is more than tenure, I initially thought it maybe had something to do with post count, but after seeing people being picked for testing who only had a handful of posts despite their join date being years ago I decided it mustn't be that, but I am then at a loss to understand how this is decided?

This is in now way a gripe at not being picked myself but a genuine question - with the number of people here on the site and who throw their names into the hat for a testing opportunity, those that are selected are the lucky few, but I thought that maybe an explanation into what is considered a suitable candidate might help any newer members understand the process of how the testers are selected

I've wondered the same thing myself at times, Doc - totally valid question, and I will be interested to hear the answer. And I have tested a few things and am currently testing the Green Sleeve, so definitely not griping.

I think it's a great question. I was picked as a tester and I dont feel I'm the most active that I could be. I am on the site everyday but dont do alot of posting. I'm at around 1000 post in a year of being a member. I'm not totally sure if that's viewed as really active or not.

All kinds of things can be considered "active", you have to remember the mods and JB/GG get to see who's on and when they've been on, so its more than just post count. I've always been a believer that if you're on, you're reading, and you hop in to threads time to time then you're and active and contributing member to the community, that doesn't mean you have to post like a madman or have been here for years. Other things can always go into a testing as well, like weather this time of year.

Its a fair question, and a good bump of a thread that needed it now with forum testings starting up once again.

Active involves a whole lot of things. Time on the site, posts, relevant posts to topics involving golf and so much more.
Then add that we dont just ask those questions under the testing signups for fun...Testers are picked by the answers they give.

Good question, good answers

Happening just a few miles from my house, but my kids have a swim meet. Looks like a great time!

I figured this could use a little bump. I saw that we have quite a few new testers and just wanted to put this out there for them to check out.

I know with my first testing I was honestly a little nervous and this helped get a little background as to what people like to see and just other general information.

I figured this could use a little bump. I saw that we have quite a few new testers and just wanted to put this out there for them to check out.

I know with my first testing I was honestly a little nervous and this helped get a little background as to what people like to see and just other general information.
Thanks for this bump

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bumping this as 7 of us lucky thp'ers received irons from the titleist 718 lineup this past weekend. some of the guys haven't ever reviewed gear for the site, so hoping this will help.

i'm guilty of using words more than pics or videos, but the pics and videos are really important as well.

bumping this as 7 of us lucky thp'ers received irons from the titleist 718 lineup this past weekend. some of the guys haven't ever reviewed gear for the site, so hoping this will help.

i'm guilty of using words more than pics or videos, but the pics and videos are really important as well.

nice bump, definitely a solid guide

Thanks for bumping this good to have a guide to how to review and what is most needed and wanted.

Back