Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

It just makes sense for you buddy. Looking at your bag setup, this just needs to happen. You really should do your best to try to demo them asap. I think that will help you pull the trigger.

That's what I'm afraid of... I think they'll fit my game perfectly and I love Nike's forged feel and control I get in their blade wedges. But it will be hard to justify to the expense to the lady of the household (I don't know how I get away with the Sligo)... I'll have to try to hide some $$ here and there and then go to the store and drive them home secretly... and then hitch hike to the Fall outing and sleep in a box... haha!

I agree with you guys. This is a top notch set and I am really looking forward to how these perform with someone around my skill level. I agree it's definitely ego somewhat but man I love looking down at a sleek, performance packed iron. I would love to see this with a graphite PX shaft as well and if chosen that's what I'm gonna do lol. (if available lol)

Gonna be a great group of testers when they get picked no doubt!!!!

THP and Nike bringing it!

I agree, Yoccos. I would like to see a great graphite shaft in a set of these if they are available. Make that 2 that will pick graphite if it is an option and we are chosen.

That's what I'm afraid of... I think they'll fit my game perfectly and I love Nike's forged feel and control I get in their blade wedges. But it will be hard to justify to the expense to the lady of the household (I don't know how I get away with the Sligo)... I'll have to try to hide some $$ here and there and then go to the store and drive them home secretly... and then hitch hike to the Fall outing and sleep in a box... haha!

Couldbeu,

Do what I do and stash away a little each week from your paycheck and she will never know. Of course my better half found my little golf stash and bought an expensive purse with it.:at-wits-end: so do a better job of hiding yours than I did.:D

I too would choose graphite, see how they would compare to the steel in the mizzys

I now tap while I talk

I've been using the new VR Pro Combos for approximately 3 months now, and I absolutely love them. Set a new personal-best 9-hole score on Memorial Day, a day after matching the previous best. I'm looking forward to reading these reviews. Obviously they may not be a great fit for everyone, but if you can get dialed in these sticks will go to work for you.

I too would choose graphite, see how they would compare to the steel in the mizzys

I now tap while I talk

My wife and I have a joint account set up for the bills and household expenses, but we each maintain our own savings accounts with which we can do whatever we see fit. Prevents all that you spent how much money?

That being said, have I mentioned how sexy these irons are?!

I am dying to see who gets picked. I played the CCI forged Nikes and loved 8-PW. Now when I'm playing I'm constantly wondering what if I had the A7s 5-7 then my old CCI forged 8-PW. I'm wondering if combo sets will be the new way to go for iron sets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A paypal account is an excellent way to "stash" money away. Thats how I OEM stuff. :alien:

I love those statements. Its sort of like the gambler whos going to quit right after hitting it big. Or just one more hit and then I'll quit. Send me $899 set of irons and maybe I'll be more active and post more. Right!
I look forward to seeing who gets to test these and the reviews to come. These were some of the best irons at the THP demo day.

Exactly, being active and contributing to this great forum has its benefits and testing equipment is one of them, every time i see a entry that says i will become more active if i get to test or i will really test these out and do 1 or 2 reviews just makes me cringe lol. I know everybody has to be a new member at some point but its not hard to pick out the ones who are only here to try and get stuff for free(free to them).

Lets get this off hiding money from one's spouse and back to these wonderful irons and the testing that will take place. Thanks

Exactly, being active and contributing to this great forum has its benefits and testing equipment is one of them, every time i see a entry that says i will become more active if i get to test or i will really test these out and do 1 or 2 reviews just makes me cringe lol. I know everybody has to be a new member at some point but its not hard to pick out the ones who are only here to try and get stuff for free(free to them).

right on...Ive only been around for a few of these type of offerings but it looks as though the people that have been chosen thus far have been active members who have done solid reviews for the items they were covering.

I have hit these irons. Those testing Are in for a treat. I will say this, never really thought of myself a's a Nike plAying type. These clubs may change that. They are going head to head with a combo TM set soon. I am pumped to hear feedback from you folks

Yeah I keep thinking about it... but having trouble pulling the trigger.

TC keeps telling me I need to pick these up to... but I want to double check and make sure they work for righties too...

As a fellow rightie, I can attest that odd are they will work for you! Take the drive. TC is a good man, he knows what's up!

right on...Ive only been around for a few of these type of offerings but it looks as though the people that have been chosen thus far have been active members who have done solid reviews for the items they were covering.

Same here but everybody that has got to test has been very active and done great reviews. Im very excited for these up and coming reviews though, the combo set has been in my mind for a long time and the Nike's just look amazing, love the idea of blades in the scoring irons then progressing to cavitys in the longer irons, just awesome stuff IMO

[/B]

Same here but everybody that has got to test has been very active and done great reviews. Im very excited for these up and coming reviews though, the combo set has been in my mind for a long time and the Nike's just look amazing, love the idea of blades in the scoring irons then progressing to cavitys in the longer irons, just awesome stuff IMO

no doubt, caters to almost any players out there

no doubt, caters to almost any players out there

I know, i think a begginer might have some trouble with the scoring irons since they are blades but i think almost everybody should be able to game these

1. What irons do you currently play?
Mizuno MP-53

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What do you look for in an iron set?
Forgiveness in the longer irons to help launch them higher, workability in the shorter irons to provide feedback on strike quality. More of a players iron setup, thin top line with very little offset, workable

4. On looks alone what are your thoughts on these irons?
Very classic looking with some forgiveness built into the longer irons. Due to nike golf products being one of my final two products when being fitted for different types of club i believe that they could work well with my game.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I am shortly about to start my summer holiday as a student, and therefore will be able to play multiple times per week with practice and actual rounds. If i had the opportunity to post reviews of these irons i would provide feedback after each session used with them on here and via twitter.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play?
-Mizuno MP 60s
2. What is your handicap index?
3. What do you look for in an iron set?
-Classic, Player' look, soft feel, good sound feedback, workability, and some forgiveness
4. On looks alone what are your thoughts on these irons?
They have a player's look, thin topline, not a chunky cavity. I like the 3-part system. Blade, best workability in the short irons, then adds forgiveness.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I plan to test the irons extensively on the driving range, then out of different lies, on different courses, hitting into different greens. I will update my testing on THP regularly.

I know, i think a begginer might have some trouble with the scoring irons since they are blades but i think almost everybody should be able to game these

The blade irons on the set are the only ones that would be challenging, but they are honestly not that bad. I'm not a great ball striker, and the blades were not that bad as far as I remember... the blades play kind of like wedges.

The blade irons on the set are the only ones that would be challenging, but they are honestly not that bad. I'm not a great ball striker, and the blades were not that bad as far as I remember... the blades play kind of like wedges.

I think If I got the chance to test these the blades would be the club I'd be excited to hit in the set. They look like they could really carve up should par 3's.

I have edited my post as my HI has dropped to 15.9 following todays round.

I would love the chance to test these out! I would try to sneak out for at least an hour every night after i put the wife and kids to bed!!! They look awsome and some what forgiving in the long irons, i am pretty new but the short irons being blades i dont think i would have a problem hitting those either. I am excited to see who the lucky people are and keeping my fingers crossed!

I think If I got the chance to test these the blades would be the club I'd be excited to hit in the set. They look like they could really carve up should par 3's.

That is why I want to try these too. I have the nike split cavity and I just have trouble controlling trajectory with the short irons. I can't hit lower shots that spin and stop. I'd be really anxious to try this set and hit those blades into the green.

the suspense is burrowing into my brain! i can't stand it!
it might not be me, but i just wanna know the 7 testers! please tell us soon!!!

people say these sticks can hold flame to TM sticks, eh??? let's get it on. (the iron testing that is, not sex.)

the suspense is burrowing into my brain! i can't stand it!
it might not be me, but i just wanna know the 7 testers! please tell us soon!!!

people say these sticks can hold flame to TM sticks, eh??? let's get it on. (the iron testing that is...)

Back