Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

Congrats to the winners...
since I am currently in the market for a new set of irons, I will be watching the reviews on these closely....

I hope that all of the first time testers enjoy their new responsibility. I hope that all of the experienced testers do another great job.

Aww bummer i won't be testing these...congrats everybody excited for results!

p.s. if you need an 8th tester... ;)

Way to go THP and Nike, some good info should come from this group. Congrats and I look forward to all the thoughts and ideas that will be posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats to all of the testers! This is a great group of testers!

Aww bummer i won't be testing these...congrats everybody excited for results!

p.s. if you need an 8th tester... ;)

Please see our numerous posts in this thread on the best way to become a tester.

Oh my head is swimming. Pretty sure I'm a 5.0 in the PX graphite but I should get on the Mizzie SO just to confirm

Congrats to the lucky 7. Looking forward to reading your reviews, I like Nike everything...............

Congrats to the chosen!! Looking forward to your reviews.

Well, step 1 is complete. Just got back from my golfTEC iron fitting session. Below is what was recommended for me. Will definitely be an interesting change going from graphite irons to steel shaft. While in Golf Smith, I of course spent a few minutes drooling over these. First impression was wow - these are a heck of a lot smaller heads when just judging the PW against my current PW. Top line is sweet though - just plain sexy irons!!!

Length: Standard
Lie: Standard
Shaft Type: Project X 5.0
Shaft Flex: R/S - PX5.0 - Rifle 5.5

Congrats to the testers that got picked. I've been wanting a set of these since I demoed them, it was only a 6 iron, but that's all I needed. Looking forward to hear what you guys have to say and how you progress with them.

Well, step 1 is complete. Just got back from my golfTEC iron fitting session. Below is what was recommended for me. Will definitely be an interesting change going from graphite irons to steel shaft. While in Golf Smith, I of course spent a few minutes drooling over these. First impression was wow - these are a heck of a lot smaller heads when just judging the PW against my current PW. Top line is sweet though - just plain sexy irons!!!

Mcook did the shaft optimizer kick out any graphite shaft options?

Mcook did the shaft optimizer kick out any graphite shaft options?

It did not...and I specifically asked about that considering that is what I am in now. When I asked about them (because I thought they would be the recommendation), he said that based on my average 6 iron swing of 80mph he would not put me into graphite unless I was low 70's.

It did not...and I specifically asked about that considering that is what I am in now. When I asked about them (because I thought they would be the recommendation), he said that based on my average 6 iron swing of 80mph he would not put me into graphite unless I was low 70's.

Boy I don't understand that at all. The PX graphite is supposedly as stout as their iron shafts. Gosh now I'm nervous

Very nice!! Way to get a fast start!

Great list of testers can't wait to hear how these perform!

Congrats to everyone that got picked. These look really nice, and I can't wait to see how they perform.

Reaaly looking forward to seeing how these perform in the hands of the mid HCprs.

Congrats to the testers. Look forward to your reviews.

I tend to agree with that. I think you'll be surprised at the how well you like the steel.

I had a chance to hit these at the outing and they were among my favorites of the entire Demo Day. Nike is very underrated and I think their equipment has improved by leaps and bounds. Again, looking forward to being able to go through the entire process with everyone.

My specs are in!

I went with True Temper Dynamic Gold x100 shafts soft stepped. 1/2 inch long and 1 degree upright. I really considered experimenting with some of the other shaft lines, but I like that True Temper is the stock shaft for Nike this year, and it's the shaft that has always worked best for me. It will also really give me an opportunity to let these go head to head with my Mizuno irons to see which suits my game the best!

Now the hard part. More waiting. THANKS AGAIN :thp: AND :nike:!!! The bottom half of my bag will be Nike for the foreseeable future!

Congratulations to everyone who got picked!

I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of the irons, I guess this is going to be another one of my daily mandatory threads to check up on :p :D

Congrats to all who were picked to be testers. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on these irons.

Nice going! I've got a custom fitting scheduled in about 7 hours and I can't wait to see the results so I can get moving on this too!

My specs are in!

I went with True Temper Dynamic Gold x100 shafts soft stepped. 1/2 inch long and 1 degree upright. I really considered experimenting with some of the other shaft lines, but I like that True Temper is the stock shaft for Nike this year, and it's the shaft that has always worked best for me. It will also really give me an opportunity to let these go head to head with my Mizuno irons to see which suits my game the best!

Now the hard part. More waiting. THANKS AGAIN :thp: AND :nike:!!! The bottom half of my bag will be Nike for the foreseeable future!

Nice one Dan! I think you're doing the right thing in going with a shaft you know works for you, especially since you've got a direct comparison ready to go. I'm just trying to shake my pre-conceived ideas about what might suit me before my fitting session. Can't wait to lock my specs in!

Back