Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

Just found out I am playing in a Pro-Am on Monday, wish I had these irons already! Playing with a former LPGA player as our pro. I have never played with an LPGA player, or watched them live, so I am quite interested in seeing just how good they are. I know she is going to whoop me, and I am on the side that says she could beat a 5 handicap easily. It will be fun, I can't wait.

Just found out I am playing in a Pro-Am on Monday, wish I had these irons already! Playing with a former LPGA player as our pro. I have never played with an LPGA player, or watched them live, so I am quite interested in seeing just how good they are. I know she is going to whoop me, and I am on the side that says she could beat a 5 handicap easily. It will be fun, I can't wait.

JB and Hawk had the honor of getting their butts whooped by a couple of the ladies. Have you checked out that thread? THP vs LPGA

JB and Hawk had the honor of getting their butts whooped by a couple of the ladies. Have you checked out that thread? THP vs LPGA

I remember reading that they played against an LPGA player or two in the LPGA vs 5 HC thread but I didn't know it had it's own thread. Thanks for the link.

Totally understandable buddy. Nothing worse than causing damage playing a game you love and should be enjoying. On a side note, Foster is very curious about your avatar. He keeps asking me what that is, I tell him it's chunkylover, hahahaha

You mean the avatar is not chunkylover? :D

Man I can't wait til you guys get your clubs! I am so anxious to hear about these, especially with KBS shafts on them!

Man I can't wait til you guys get your clubs! I am so anxious to hear about these, especially with KBS shafts on them!

If you can't wait, just imagine how I feel! Was at the range tonight and am playing tomorrow morning and all I could think about was these! Still so excited and tell everyone I come across about it!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

I am one of the ones that chose KBS Tour shafts. I will keep you updated when they arrive. Let me know if you have any questions when I'm testing, and don't hold back. I'm always willing to answer.

haha you have no idea.. I have been irrationally checking my front porch every hour since the day after I put my specs in. To say I am excited to experience these irons and share my thoughts is a complete understatement.

haha you have no idea.. I have been irrationally checking my front porch every hour since the day after I put my specs in. To say I am excited to experience these irons and share my thoughts is a complete understatement.

+1. Couldn't agree more. I wonder what the ETA is on these bad boys.

I have often been fit to reg flex irons, even though I've been fit to stiff woods. I think its more common than most think.

same here. stiff driver, reg irons

Anyone get tested for graphite? Sorry if asked I haven't really read the thread in a bit.

Anyone get tested for graphite? Sorry if asked I haven't really read the thread in a bit.

I know someone mentioned wanting graphite, but ended up with steel, and I think that was the only person. I think everyone is in steel.

I know someone mentioned wanting graphite, but ended up with steel, and I think that was the only person. I think everyone is in steel.

Chunky went with PX Graphite. I thought about it for a while but ended up going with steel.

That's why I asked I remember someone mentioning it

Chunky went with PX Graphite. I thought about it for a while but ended up going with steel.

Oh okay thank you just curious as to how they respond

I'm interested to hear how Chunky gets on with the graphite too, sounds like it might just be a great fit for long term testing.

This is going to be an awesome job!

It's a cool feeling though, knowing that all the testers have submitted their specs. I know how incredible that wait can be but it's worth it. I'm really looking forward to all of your unboxing coverage and thoughts. I really fell for these irons at the Outing.

It's a cool feeling though, knowing that all the testers have submitted their specs. I know how incredible that wait can be but it's worth it. I'm really looking forward to all of your unboxing coverage and thoughts. I really fell for these irons at the Outing.

The wait is the struggle for all testers. I know the feeling and its rough, but the hard work ahead is fun.
I dont think we have ever had a testing done of hard goods equipment where we did not get at least one post saying "Where is my stuff" (generalization of course).
I will say Nike is pretty quick though. They do have quite a few custom builds here.

I will of course have a video of the unboxing; just need to purchase an outfit for the momentous event. Hate that everything gets delivered late to my house in the day (USPS, FedEx, UPS)....when I know a package is due that day I can't stay away from the front door.

I have been shopping wedges due to the gap issue that I will have and will be going with the VR Pro in a 52/10 setup. Probably pull the trigger on that early next week. Little head start :)

I will of course have a video of the unboxing; just need to purchase an outfit for the momentous event. Hate that everything gets delivered late to my house in the day (USPS, FedEx, UPS)....when I know a package is due that day I can't stay away from the front door.

I have been shopping wedges due to the gap issue that I will have and will be going with the VR Pro in a 52/10 setup. Probably pull the trigger on that early next week. Little head start :)

I know the feeling mc, I am like that too, that's how I was when I ordered my THP golf tees, I know waiting on the Nike's has got to be brutal to all of you, but the wait will be so worth it. Congrats again to all of the testers and I am looking forward to the feedback this great group. Thanks again Nike & THP.

Already investing in your testing process....I like it!!!! Yeah, must have a wicked outfit to unbox in, perhaps an ode to Paul Casey?

I thought you did an incredible job with the impact board thingy, so I can't wait to follow along with this one.

I also like how everyone shared their specs. Did everyone opt for different grips as well? I thought the stock grips were pretty awful.

Geesh I put my specs in 2 days ago! Where are my clubs? I'm pumped about this one. My ball striking right now is pretty good and I can't wait to see if my swing can hold up to these irons. As JB & TC have said, the waiting is tough but the payoff is huge. We are all going to have a great time doing this and I can't wait to read everyone's reviews. I have a strong feeling that Nike is going to be pleased with this. Now the hard part comes. Which Nike hat do I get? Which Nike staffer do I root for now?

Geesh I put my specs in 2 days ago! Where are my clubs? I'm pumped about this one. My ball striking right now is pretty good and I can't wait to see if my swing can hold up to these irons. As JB & TC have said, the waiting is tough but the payoff is huge. We are all going to have a great time doing this and I can't wait to read everyone's reviews. I have a strong feeling that Nike is going to be pleased with this. Now the hard part comes. Which Nike hat do I get? Which Nike staffer do I root for now?

ABT dude! That's who. I also think you should play 20XI golf balls, buy some Lunar control shoes. Actually, you should be a little Molinari fan, you guys are probably about the same size. He's a bit beefier though.

Already investing in your testing process....I like it!!!! Yeah, must have a wicked outfit to unbox in, perhaps an ode to Paul Casey?

I thought you did an incredible job with the impact board thingy, so I can't wait to follow along with this one.

I also like how everyone shared their specs. Did everyone opt for different grips as well? I thought the stock grips were pretty awful.

I don't have much "flare" so not sure on the outfit yet. May just end up being something already in the closet....back to pondering mode.

I did read the comments about the grips but did not specify anything other than stock. Figured it would be good to test as is and then switch them out if I thought it was needed. Like you said, there were concerns with them in FL - so you can imagine how TX will do in that regard. Heading out here in a moment to play and the forecast is calling for 101 (feel like 108) so can they stand up to the TX heat?

I wasn't aware we had different grip options.

Back