Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

My final specs:

Length: Standard
Lie: Standard
Shaft Type: Project X 5.0
Shaft Flex: R/S - PX5.0 - Rifle 5.5

I was at Golf Smith tonight with my step dad while he picked up his irons that were shipped from TM and pulled the VR Pro Combo 6 iron out and took it to a bay. Everything felt really good and by feel I only hit one bad shot (out of about 10). Of course, you can't tell diddly squat without seeing trajectory, ball flight, etc.

I know that once I receive these, I will be at the range more than I ever have in the past.

PX graphite or steel?

Steel. Golf Tec guy did not recommend graphite unless my swing speed was lower 70's. It averaged 80.

Steel. Golf Tec guy did not recommend graphite unless my swing speed was lower 70's. It averaged 80.

Gotcha. I see I ask the question and don't post my specs.

3-PW PX Graphite in 5.0
Length is 1/2 inch under standard which equates to 38.5” 3I
Lie is 1* flat
Loft is standard
Weight is D2 3-9 and D3 PW

I think I already posted my specs in here, but if not:

1/2" short
1* flat
DG SL R300

I can't wait to see how big of a difference actually being fitted makes. I've always played standard L&L with stiff shafts. Is it normal to play regular flex iron shafts, but stiff driver, woods, and hybrids? My driver SS was from 104-111, but 6 iron was consistently low 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I already posted my specs in here, but if not:

1/2" short
1* flat
DG SL R300

I can't wait to see how big of a difference actually being fitted makes. I've always played standard L&L with stiff shafts. Is it normal to play regular flex iron shafts, but stiff driver, woods, and hybrids? My driver SS was from 104-111, but 6 iron was consistently low 80's.

not sure, i have never known anybody that plays stiff driver but reg irons

Well now you do. Haha

I dont think its as rare as you think it is. You would be surprised.

maybe its just a topic that doesnt come up too often, I'll take your word on it for sure

I dont think its as rare as you think it is. You would be surprised.

I have often been fit to reg flex irons, even though I've been fit to stiff woods. I think its more common than most think.

I have often been fit to reg flex irons, even though I've been fit to stiff woods. I think its more common than most think.

oh sure now they are all coming out of the woodwork....j/k

Chunky, I'm really surprised you didn't go with the KBS shafts. Those were outstanding numbers. I'm sure your wrists will thank you but man, will you be able to keep your mind clear? Will you regret not going with the shafts that gave you IDEAL numbers?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Nice to hear it's not that uncommon.

I have a driver ss of 115-118, and I was fitted to px 5.0/5.5 iron shafts. Figure that one out!

It's not rare at all I don't think.

wow, i guess it all depends on your tempo and how aggrasive your swing is with your irons compared to your driver. like i said you learn something new everyday

Chunky, I'm really surprised you didn't go with the KBS shafts. Those were outstanding numbers. I'm sure your wrists will thank you but man, will you be able to keep your mind clear? Will you regret not going with the shafts that gave you IDEAL numbers?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

It was tough TC I have to say. I am very used to KBS and I know it would work for me. I'm a little nervous. But what I posted were averages. I had one really bad swing with the PX graphite which took it's average way down. If not for that swing the numbers were very close to the KBS. And my fingers started to swell up tonight after hitting only 50 balls or so with the steel shafts. It's pretty bad now TC and I think I needed to move to graphite

I like that we are covering a LOT of the shafts available in our testing.. PX, KBS, DG SL, DG x100... Good group!!

I agree. Should be fun seeing what others have to say about the shafts they're using.

In case you missed it, my specs:

Shaft: KBS Tour stiff
Length: +1/2"
Lie: 2* upright

I can't wait to get this testing started.

I have a driver ss of 115-118, and I was fitted to px 5.0/5.5 iron shafts. Figure that one out!

It's not rare at all I don't think.

I consider 5.5 pretty close to stiff in my opinion. Granted for many with your ss, X would be automatic. But they have the tempo and touch of a folding lawn chair. You have a smooth tempo and a great swing. It also goes to show that too many people choose their shaft solely on swing speed and make assumptions which are more wrong than right.

Add another to the list. I was right on the edge of playing regular/stiff with driver because my SS was only 104....but I am playing the stiff.

Coming out of my iron fitting and having a SS of 80 (in addition to the other factors in the shaft optimizer), it put me in a regular.

I'll add my specs, and say that when I was playing reg in my irons, I was also playing stiff in the driver. Added a modicum of control to my long game.

Length: Standard
Lie: +1* upright
Shaft: DG SL S300

So excited now that all the specs are in!

It was tough TC I have to say. I am very used to KBS and I know it would work for me. I'm a little nervous. But what I posted were averages. I had one really bad swing with the PX graphite which took it's average way down. If not for that swing the numbers were very close to the KBS. And my fingers started to swell up tonight after hitting only 50 balls or so with the steel shafts. It's pretty bad now TC and I think I needed to move to graphite

Totally understandable buddy. Nothing worse than causing damage playing a game you love and should be enjoying. On a side note, Foster is very curious about your avatar. He keeps asking me what that is, I tell him it's chunkylover, hahahaha

Back