Forum Testing Signup - PING Golf Bags

Looks like a great opportunity to test a nice looking bag. I'll sign up tonight when I get home. Thanks to Ping & THP.

Well done guys!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry)

Use both actually. Mix it up between a cart and carry bag ever week as I need to carry the bag now and again to keep fit :p. Majority of the time being using a Titleist s82 staff cart bag as it holds all my cold weather gear easily

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well?

Not too fussed, but can be handy as the putter is the most used club.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)

On a cart bag 6 seems enough, on a carry bag prefer more.

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course?

Living in Scotland 80% of my games are played in rain! Always on the course as long as their is no lightning or snow.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.

Play two rounds a week so would take it on both rounds. Tend to make use of a lot of the pockets to store clothing etc so can put it to the test. Maybe take it one week on the course and on the second week my titleist staff bag or TM R11 carry bag. Can do this over several months to compare.

All the new bags are great. The new Pioneer and Latitude are amazing.

Tapatalk

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I use a Nike Carry
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I have never used a bag with a putter well.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) My current bag has a 8 way system, the bag used before this one was 14 way. I think in a carry bag I prefer 6 or 8 way system and in a cart bag 14 way system.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I live in Las Vegas, NV so weather is not an issue as we enjoy golf year round. I practice 2-3x a week and play 2-3x a week.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My testing will include reviews of the durability of the bag to include straps, fabric, stand if equipped, pockets, zippers, etc. I will update the thread on THP regularly along with facebook and twitter updates. In a carry bag, I have noticed one of the issues is the strap attachment system and will focus attention to that area. My previous bags have all failed in this area with the plastic attachments.

Another great testing opportunity. Although I am in the market for a new bag, I don't think my winter trips to the simulator would be enough to give a thorough review of one of these beauties. Good luck to those entering.

Can you BELIEVE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO frickin EXCITED about this !!!!

Thanks to both Ping and THP for opportunities like this !! How TOTALLY AWESOME is this place ! WHOOT !!

Just yesterday I ordered my new Ping K15 driver and G20 irons !!!

Just LAST NIGHT, I was sitting in my chair going though the diff mags and looking at Ping BAGS ! WAHOOOOOOOOOO

Right now! I'm on my way back to the club to just hit some balls this afternoon .... yes, with my ole clubs, Pings here next week I hope !!

I will be putting my name in the hat for consideration as a tester for the Ping bag ..... I'll do that this evening, I'll have my thoughts together better by then, right now I'm SO EXCITED I can hardly sit still long enough to make this posting :)

Awesome Ping is getting involved in THP!!! Wish I could test but courses will be closed in a few weeks then will just have trips to the range and simulator... not much of testing bags there. Can't wait to hear thoughts on the bags!!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Cart
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I prefer dividers, 14-way is my preference
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP There is only one way to test golf bags and that is get out and use them. I love looking at pictures and videos on new equipment on THP

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)

1. Cart
2. I've never had a bag with one.
3. 14-way
4. Of course, it's perfect weather now!
5. My testing plan is simple, relate my experiences with the bag. From unloading it at the bag drop to getting items out of the pockets while on the cart, as well an any wear issues or design complaint/joys. Bags are uniquely personal so this should be a neat process to both participate in and read about. My activity level here on THP is high, I may not post in every thread but I enjoy reading everything.

Cool testing idea Ping and THP!

Wow, I really love the looks of the latitude. Style wise it looks like my kind of bag.

Never owned a cart bag so I probably would of have asked to try that out but since I live in Ohio I'm refraining from entering like a lot of people.

Good luck to everyone

I am really excited for our first PING forum testing.

I am glad there is a good response for this testing. I hope many more sign up for these awesome looking bags!

What a great opportunity! I've been a big fan of Ping bags since my friend bought a Hoofer way back when. Big thanks to Ping Golf for putting their faith in THP members, and thanks to THP for bringing us more excellent testing.

This should be an interesting one. My current Wilson bag is pretty poor.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Carry bag.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Never had one, but I'd be open to trying it out.
Currently have a 5 way divider and think this is the minimum I'd need for a full 14 clubs. With a carry bag, I don't really see teh need for more than 8.
The weather is getting colder here, but I can still get out on to the course hopefully once per week. We only ever stop playing if it snows heavy and the course is closed!
I'd hope to test the ease of use of the bag, as my current bag has issues with clubs snagging, and this detracts from the overall performance. Over the winter, I carry all my rain gear too, so I'll be testing the storage and how easy it is to carry a full bag over a period of time. We get quite a bit of rain, so I'd be testing out how the bag performs in wet conditions, and how steady the stand is in adverse conditions. I'm planning a lot of range time over the winter months too, so the bag will be tested while being constantly used, with clubs being changed around and lots of balls, gloves etc needing stored.
I've been a member of THP for about a year and a half now, and I feel I'm pretty active and well known on the forum, as well as enjoying getting involved in testing, home page reviews and articles. [/B]

The separate putter well on a carry bag is a great idea. I'll be interested to see how it works out. I pretty much can't go without one any more. Once you go putter well, it's hard to go back.

The separate putter well on a carry bag is a great idea. I'll be interested to see how it works out. I pretty much can't go without one any more. Once you go putter well, it's hard to go back.

Agreed 100%. I love a separate putter well like I like a cold adult beverage. Cool to see Ping do some forum testing.

Tapatalked by Siri on my iPhone 4

ping bags

ping bags

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Carry (ogio)
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? yes
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) yes 6-way
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? my home course is open until first snow.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. live 2 minutes from a nine hole walking course i play weekly. and new member at 18 hole course will play weekly

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) - I have each. Usually I keep my clubs in my cart bag (14 way top) on my cart at my local club. When I travel or walk the course, I have an Adidas carry bag (6-way top) that I like to use.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? - I've never had a bag with a seperate putter well, but think that I would like it. My next cart bag will mostly likely have this option.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) - 14-way in a cart bag with not as much preference in a carry bag.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? - Yes. Most winters in South Arkansas are rather mild. I do plan to do quite a bit of hunting over the next 2 - 3 weeks and then get to work on my game as the weather allows. I am determined to improve my game for 2012 and rid myself of 2011's horrible golf memories.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. - My testing plan would include putting the bag to use as my regular golf bag, testing it on the cart and walking (if chosen for a carry bag). Pictures, videos and thorough review of all features would be included in my review, as well as regular updates. I'm on this site regularly and since it's the best golf site going, it's not like I'm leaving anytime soon.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Ping Outlander Cart bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) Yes, the more the better. 14-way
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. 2 or 3 trips to the range each week and at least 1 round of golf. The bag will be subject to being thrown in the trunk and commuting on public transit

Carry (standbag) as i like to walk.

No, I do not prefer it.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like?
I still game the original hoofer bag which has 4 dividers. I wouldn't use a bag that has more than 6 dividers.

Yup! I golf all year round. Probably more now that my girlfriend is hooked on playing.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I can't stand riding a cart when i play, so it's safe to say that i'll probably test out the bag to it's fullest potential. I play regularly on a weekend basis, so seeing the course during the off-season isn't an issue. I'd critique the divider system and see how that works with my club arrangement as the 1st gen. hoofer bags are 4 way dividers with nothing to separate the shafts from rubbing each other (okay, that sounds wrong...sorry). I'd update the forum on how the bag holds up as well as the comfort level when carrying the bag around for 18 (or more) holes.

Ping Bag Testing/Review

Ping Bag Testing/Review

Datrek Cart bag - about 8-10 years old
9" top, 14 full length dividers
putter well
rain cover, towel snap hook, umbrella tube and strap, 3 handles, padded shoulder strap, 10 pockets plus 4 outside open mesh pockets

Yes, this is a MUST HAVE

Yes, must have dividers, 14, full length

Yes. Living in the Columbia area of South Carolina affords me the opportunity to play year around WAHOO

5a. Activity level on THP
As you know I'm NEW, like BRAND NEW here. However I will be active and assure you that you'll not be disappointed in the level of my participation in both this bag testing/review and THP in general. I'd like to give you a link to show you what some of my input might look like, and my level of participation at another forum I belong too. Ck out my forum name there, FXR4MIKEY .... Join Date 10-19-2007, Total Posts 10,883 ... here's a couple of my posts, these will provide you with an example of the effort I put into what I'm doing and what you might expect to see in my testing/report of the Ping Bag:
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158621&highlight=1340
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158458&highlight=1340

5b. Tell us about your testing plan - Sure
Being retired I'm fortunate to have time and health to do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want. As such I'm a member of the Mid Carolina Country Club and have recently up'd my number of rounds a month, and number of trips to the practice facility per month. I also belong to two other Carolina Senior Golf groups. Both of these groups play different local courses once a month. One of the groups plays on the first Monday of the month (except December) and the other group plays on Wed of the 3rd week (except for December and January). At my local club I belong to the MCSG (Mid-Carolina Senior Golfers) whose membership is about 70 strong (Country Club active golf membership is aprox 450). MCSG plays every Monday, Wed, Friday every week, year around. Sooooo getting down to it, I will be playing at least 2 18 hole rounds a week, Monday's and Friday's, a trip to the range on Tues and Thurs. with outings to other golf courses twice a month. This will provide LOTS of opportunities to explore the strengths and weakness of the Ping Pioneer Cart Bag. My preferred method of getting around the course is walking with a pull cart or my remote control trolly, I do not 'carry' my bag. When on outings or the course is soaked, I ride in a cart and like to have access to ALL of the pockets in the bag WITHOUT taking the bag off the cart, this is a MUST design point.

I'll invite other club/group members that I play with to examine the bag; basically you can think of this as an 'interview' that I'll conduct with each person I approach. I'll show them the bag, let them handle it, examine it, comment on it, discuss their opinions, wants/desires/likes/dislikes, and I'll record their comments/thoughts and include this as part of my testing/review documentation.

I'll be documenting my findings providing textual input with still pictures and videos to support the text. Since this bag test is a singular 'product review' and not a Bag Comparison Test/Review between manufactures, my review will be focused on the strengths and weakness of this bag. Since I do like the Datrek bag I'm currently using, and recognize all of the pros and cons about it, I'll be drawing parallels between the two. You know, a tester must have some reference points :)

This time of year will really give me a chance to find out how much this bag really has to offer and the versatility of the bag. It's in the winter time when the bag really shines, IMO. It's now when you need all the room you can get. As the weather can bring so many changes in one day, I find that I often need warmer clothes in the morning, then need to shed them as the day warms up. Also must have rain gear now, more so than in summer, wind breakers, etc. This time of year puts a premium on storage space and how easy it is, or isn't, to access items. I mean really, any bag can give you a place to put balls and clubs, what we need is a total support system. A closet on a cart :) a walk in ??? YIKES LOL

I'll be focused on the durability of the bag as I tend to keep stuff for LONG periods of time, my current bag is from 2003 (and it is WORN OUT). Plenty of focus on straps, fabric, zippers and zipper pulls (HATE it when they come off !!!!) Same with 'extras' on a bag, does the towel thingy work, and does it look like it's gonna be there for 8 years, how's that umbrella slot holding up, and the strap that goes over the handle of the umbrella, still there ? things like that ..... Versitility is HUGE too, as well as the ability to ORGANIZE my stuff, clubs etc. I'm annal about this, every club has to go back in the same place, EVERY TIME, NO EXCUSES ! Clubs are lined up in slots in the bag, in order, shortest to longest. Clubs must be EASY to access and remove from the bag, EASY to put back, no josling around and fighting with the bag, that's NOT ALLOWED .... I can't concentrate on my game if my bag and 'other' stuff is giving me a hard time ! I have to have that 'special' place for my phone, wallet, keys, rings, and stuff like that. They go in the same place, ALL THE TIME, NO EXCUSES ! They must be easy to get to, and not lost in the bottom of the bag.
Balls, I like to carry between 2 and 4 sleeves plus several shag balls. I want the balls in the bottom of the bag to keep the weight down low, I don't like it when the pull cart tips over because the bag is top heavy. I don't want the bag to be so large that you can't put two of them together in the back of a riding cart when they are stuffed with sweaters, rain gear, etc ... well, you see, I'll be looking at A LOT of function/factors in this bag and reporting on all of them. Oh yeah, and pockets, just becasue a bag has 10 pockets, doesn't mean that they are all useful, you know that, right .... :) I'm on the lookout for that cheap trick too !! OH YEAH, been there too. Also, when the bag is on a pull cart, it should not SPIN around on the cart, thereby making it a challenge to access some of your clubs, or worse, where the user is adding some EXTRA/EXTERNAL user supplied straps to hold it in place.

It's clear that first impression need to be captured right away, to that end you can anticiptate that within a few hours of receipt of the bag THP will see my inital report, inclusive of photos/videos. This will be followed up within 2-3 days, max, with a trip to the range and 18 holes of golf. Perhaps the first round should be/will be 9 holes walking with pull cart and 9 holes riding. This would give me an early glimpse into two of the 3 environments that I'll be testing the bag.

I'll be testing the bag in 3 environments:
1) A BagBoy pull cart ... as I said, I keep stuff for a long time, this cart is over 15 years old, but still works great.
2) On the golf carts you rent at local courses
3) I also have a X1 remote golf trolly (currently in need of repair, but will be back in operation before the end of the bag testing cycle). The trolly can be seen here:
http://www.stewartgolf.co.uk/product/X7Lithium/New+X7+Lithium+Remote+Golf+Trolley
- the Ping bag will be tested on this trolly also.

In my working career I was a Senior Technical Analyst. As such I have years of experience in analysis, report documentation, presentations, etc. I'm able to articulate and document my observations in great detail, and also provide an upfront Summary - just in cause you don't want/need or have time for, the details.

I will make myself available to the fourm members to exchange Q&A and/or provide any follow-up required/requested.

I don't currently have a Twitter or Facebook account. HOWEVER, if choosen I have no reservations about setting up a Twitter account and posting my review/opinons there as well. Also I'd send Ping input, via email or Twitter, and release them for media advertisment if they would like to use any of the photos/videos, documented comments, etc.

Regardless if chosen or not, I'd like to take the opportunity in advance to Thank Ping and THP Very Much for sponsoring this test. I'm confident that Ping and THP will be very satisfied with the level of participation by the members in this test.

Last edited:
1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Stand bag at the moment
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I think this would be ideal having my mallet style putter, but I've never used one so not having one hasn't been a huge deal thus far.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? I don't really have a preference as I haven't used anything but the bag I currently have ever. However with the way things have gone this season I've been leaning towards a 14-way bag for my next with how much the clubs seem to get tangled up in my current bag. Though that may be just because of poor design in the bag I currently use.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? yes, while the options are fewer and it's a bit wetter I can still get out.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. Testing a bag would be an interesting challenge. I would try to put it through the rigors of transporting to and from the course, being carried around, used on a push cart and general use during play and at the round. I would document with pictures, video and written words throughout the testing and try to answer any questions that may arise from others. As for activity on THP, I continually strive to become more a part of the community and participate daily in all aspects of the forums as well as keeping myself up with the news and insight THP provides. I am on the site near constantly and try to post daily.

Thank you PING and THP for this opportunity!!!

Thanks again to Ping for allowing the members of THP to provide honest feedback on their great looking bags.

My current bag is a Callaway Org 14 cart bag
I prefer a putter well, but I have learned that it's not a deal breaker for me.
I have used 8 & 14 way dividers. I would prefer a 14-way full length divided system that allowed me to get my oversized grips in and out of a bag without having to wrestle with them. My experience tells me that such a bag does not exist, so I think I would prefer a 6 or 8-way.
I play and practice year round. Perhaps a little less in the colder months coming up, but I still try to get out to the course once a week, and to the range once or twice per week.
My activity level on THP is pretty regular. Perhaps low by some standards, and maybe high by others. As for testing... The bag will see a lot of use from me. I currently carry my bag from the trunk to the range, or cart (driving or push). Should I be chosen to test a carry bag, I will carry it for a few rounds in an effort to provide feedback on it's comfort. But I'd be lying if I said I'd carry it more than that.

I have an INFORMATIONAL question
I'm in the market for a new bag, now, I was wondering if you could tell us when THP will choose the testers and when they might expect to receive the bags for testing ?

I'm very anxious to hear what the THP testers have to say about the Ping bags !

Thanks,
Mikey

Some time next week THPers should start receiving their bags.

Back