Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Driver

Calling these entries is kind of a misnomer that implies it is a contest. I hope everyone realizes this is a serious testing opportunity and not a contest to get a pre-release driver.

Of course it isn't a contest. Sorry if I implied that. Testing is a rigorous process and is not easy. I'm just not sure what else to call these. Thanks for clarifying that though.

Good luck to all the potential testers.....can't wait to have the Mystery OEM revealed.

Good luck to everyone who applied for the testing. I chose not to enter because, unfortunately, my golf season is over. It's not getting above 40 degrees here so most courses are closed and there are no driving ranges open either.

I'd love to be considered for this. I was pretty good at golf years ago (High School Golf team back in the day - 25 years ago) and then I left the game for several years. I have recently gotten back into it. Current non-official handicap is 15. I've had a blast getting back into the sport over the last year or so.

1. I currently play a TaylorMade Burner SuperFast driver.
2. Avg. 105 mph
3. I've been going back and forth between stiff and regular. Currently using regular flex.
4. My main miss is occasional slice, and I think the club face may be lagging due to the fast swing speed and regular flex shaft. That's why I have recently been looking at stiff shaft.
5. My testing process would be playing ~3 rounds per week on multiple courses (including an indoor facility for use during the cold weather season) where I could compare new clubs to my set clubs. I would take photos and post results after each round, as well as respond to comments and questions from fellow THP'ers during the test. I am fairly new to THP, I have followed the forum for some time and I am really liking the forum. I joined a while back but haven't posted until now. I also recently donated to the forum because I want to support the cause. Also, since I'm in the IT industry I sit in front of a computer most of the day, so I am able to stay on top of threads and be pretty active on the site.

Again, I know there are only 5 slots to test the drivers, but I'd be honored and extremely appreciative to be selected as one of the testers. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration for my participation in this test.

Last edited:

1. What driver do you currently play? I play a Nickent 4dx Evolver 10.5 degree
2. What is your driver swing speed? I hang right at the 100 mph mark
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stiff flex Proforce V2 Tour Flight
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I tend to pull the ball and then attempt to overcompensate and sometimes slice. (I believe I need a more neutral club face set up than what I currently have)
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I currently go to the driving range twice weekly and go play a round when weather/time allows (wet/dark season here in Seattle). I would also be using this in my upcoming lessons. I will be able to post frequently including pics and videos.

Still kind of new to THP joined at the end of August,. I've been very active on the forum and have made it out to one gathering put together by MaryC. lot's of fun. Missed a Virgina outing this weekend due to work.

1. What driver do you currently play? Nike
Sumo2 10.5 *Mitsubishi diamana R-65
2. What is your driver swing speed? 88mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? regular
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? When I miss it's usually just off to the right. What I'm looking for is Something that sounds better than the Sumo it hurts my ears. Looking for a driver that has a active face to give me some pop on my drives.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I play just about every week, probably a little less now that my men's league has slowed down but weekly sessions at the driving range are a must for me to continue improving my play.

1 I use the Nickent Evolver 10.5 degree Driver.
2. My swing speed is 85-90 mph.
3. My shaft flex is regular and I usually use the Grafalloy Prolaunch Red, although if the conditions are right I use the Grafalloy Epic.
4. My main miss is a hook. I tend to hit this driver quite straight or with a little draw but a low hook shows up occasionally.
5. I'm new to THP with less than 20 posts. I don't get on the course too often but I hit about 1200-1500 balls a month at the range. Now that the Texas weather has finally changed to fall I'll probably increase that amount by 50-100%. I love to practice and don't get on the course as much as I would like due to family obligations and work but range time on my days off is always a priority.

Good luck to all who signed up. I hope those choosen does the manufacturer proud by putting in the effort to truly test and then report findings to the forum.

We will have signups open until 9pm and then we will announce the driver that will be tested.
Tomorrow we will name the testers that will be testing this one out.

We will have signups open until 9pm and then we will announce the driver that will be tested.

Love the intrigue with this one, I have no idea....

Love the intrigue with this one, I have no idea....
I have an idea, but it gets released in a little over a week so I don't know if that's pre-release enough!

Big Reveal Tonight - I have mixed emotions on this. We have heard about some pretty cool drivers coming soon and having testers providing feedback would be great. But to have some equipment that we haven't heard about yet would be sweet as well. Guess the speculation will all be over soon.

Big Reveal Tonight - I have mixed emotions on this. We have heard about some pretty cool drivers coming soon and having testers providing feedback would be great. But to have some equipment that we haven't heard about yet would be sweet as well. Guess the speculation will all be over soon.

Reveal is tomorrow...

I can't wait to see the mystery driver!

I'm like Freddie, I am loving the intrigue, I will be checking in later to see if JR has done it again :D. Good luck to all of the potential testers.

Looking forward to this one, very interested to hear which pre-release it is.

War.Eagle I sincerely hope that you are testing a Cleveland Black driver tomorrow.

Looking forward to this one, very interested to hear which pre-release it is.

War.Eagle I sincerely hope that you are testing a Cleveland Black driver tomorrow.
Haha, thanks man. Not sure if it will be the Cleveland Black or not, a lot of good stuff coming out by a bunch of different OEMs in the near future. If it is the Black, looking forward to hear how THPers do with it, it may not fit everyones swing, but I am sure the testers would have a fun time working with it.

Sorry for the late sign up. Thanks for a great opportunity THP!
1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R9 460.
2. What is your driver swing speed? Between 100 and 103 mph last time I had it checked.
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? The stock REAX in a R flex.
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is a high hook. I am looking for more distance for sure. I like to hit the ball a long way. Forgiveness is important too. I like a nice looking club. I want to feel confident standing over it. I'm also wanting a better shaft in my next driver.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I can play and hit the range everyday if i need too. I would use plenty of video and pictures. I plan on comparing it to my current driver and other clubs I have laying around. I would post honest feedback in all aspects of the club. I am pretty active on THP. I am on everyday and post everyday.

Excited to learn about the driver today and see the selected testers tomorrow! Another great testing thread upcoming.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Can't wait to find out what driver is being tested.

Having the reveal along with testers announced tomorrow is extremely exciting. This can't help but be fun.

Back