Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

Definitely a great concept. Wonder why no major OEM has thought of this yet?

to say that this idea goes against to common practice of just building a set program of wedges would be an understatement. If you look at the cost of either of these sets I can't help but wonder if the OEM's feel that it is not a money making process. You also have to factor in that from what I have read Scor carries all the lofts from 43 on down to 64 I think. Thats a lot of clubs for an OEM to produce and then only sell a limited number of each loft.

I will say that for Scor to go out on the proverbial limb like this speaks alot for how much they beleive in their product.

Spent some more time reading the website today and it's definitely interesting. The literature just makes me want to try these clubs out.

I gotta agree with you on this one hawk. I find it really interesting that someone finally put the necessary thought and technology into making a "set" of scoring clubs.

Yes yes and yes. My thrown together short game set is holding up only because of sheer will power and solid putting. It sure would be nice to have a seamless set of scoring irons/wedges to add some cohesiveness. Looks like SCOR has it right.

edit: after going through their online fitting I am pretty impressed. The setup I was recommended seems very sensible.

Last edited:
After today's round I'm thinking I need more space between my gw and sw, or more weight in the gw. This may be where mixed sets gets a person trouble.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Looking forward to reading the reviews on these wedges.
Thanks THP and SCOR for this opportunity.

to say that this idea goes against to common practice of just building a set program of wedges would be an understatement. If you look at the cost of either of these sets I can't help but wonder if the OEM's feel that it is not a money making process. You also have to factor in that from what I have read Scor carries all the lofts from 43 on down to 64 I think. Thats a lot of clubs for an OEM to produce and then only sell a limited number of each loft.

I will say that for Scor to go out on the proverbial limb like this speaks alot for how much they beleive in their product.

Agreed there - but when you think about it, it totally makes sense. I mean there's me trying my hardest to work out what I need after my PW when these guys have it sorted already!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.791830,174.711934
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a great concept. Wonder why no major OEM has thought of this yet?

Maybe thy don't see the $$$ in it for the average golfer? I think there's a possibility that the more common fittings become you might see this more with the big boys. I guess its a matter of time before they catch on to this. I would love to be a lucky member and write about these. It is going to he a great thread to read and keep an eye on. Some have to wonder if a set of four or five wedges worth what you can almost buy a set for is worth it but we will soon all find out.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Maybe thy don't see the $$$ in it for the average golfer? I think there's a possibility that the more common fittings become you might see this more with the big boys. I guess its a matter of time before they catch on to this. I would love to be a lucky member and write about these. It is going to he a great thread to read and keep an eye on. Some have to wonder if a set of four or five wedges worth what you can almost buy a set for is worth it but we will soon all find out.

---

I actually think the average golfer struggles more when they no longer have the ability to hit a full shot with a standard iron. I know that I struggle with the aftermarket wedges as they just do not feel even close to similar as my 9i and PW but I wished they did.

I think another mistake would be to just look at these as a wedge set. The SCORing system appears to be more about replacing the scoring irons in your set while maintaining that short iron feel that most of us really like all the way through the shorter wedges. Just my opinion obviously based on my game. I absolutely love the scoring irons I have now but would love to have that same feeling in the 50 - 60 degree clubs. Would be very interested in seeing how my 9i and PW would compare against the comparable clubs in this set.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Last edited:
I am interested to see how these react to hitting shots with the face at neutral and with the club opened up. Something that not many people have speculated about yet is the feel. To me, this is very important even if it is subjective. I am also wondering if they are spin monsters like the CG15s or Jaws wedges, or if they are less spinny like the new Nike wedges. These may be on my list when it is time to replace my wedges depending on the feedback from the testers. I also hope they send some wedges to the 2012 outing. I am sure they will as I have always remembered seeing Eidolon wedges there.

I am interested to see how these react to hitting shots with the face at neutral and with the club opened up. Something that not many people have speculated about yet is the feel. To me, this is very important even if it is subjective. I am also wondering if they are spin monsters like the CG15s or Jaws wedges, or if they are less spinny like the new Nike wedges. These may be on my list when it is time to replace my wedges depending on the feedback from the testers. I also hope they send some wedges to the 2012 outing. I am sure they will as I have always remembered seeing Eidolon wedges there.

Me too buddy, after visiting their website I know these are high on my list. I have a feeling SCOR will be making quite a few sales immediately after the 2012 outing.

I would think the spin would be better than average based on the setup with their shaft selection and grooves. I too am interested in the feel. The variable bounce has me scratching my head. It's such a huge gap and has to effect the feel of clubs based on face position

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

You know whoever gets picked to test these is going to be incredably busy. Just look at all the questions we have already raised about these clubs and they aren't even in the hands of the testers yet.

You know whoever gets picked to test these is going to be incredably busy. Just look at all the questions we have already raised about these clubs and they aren't even in the hands of the testers yet.

I agree. I also hope that JB will give these a go himself as he is a short game guru. Whoever is selected will have a great responsibility. This testing won't be for the faint of heart.

Who ever test these is going to end up with a great short game. I have feeling these folks will be much stronger from 150 and in.

---

Who ever test these is going to end up with a great short game. I have feeling these folks will be much stronger from 150 and in.

---

If that turns out to be the case, SCOR golf will be VERY busy. :D

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

---

thats what i was thinking and i really hope these sticks live up to their billing.

I agree with you here. Another thing that I find interesting is the shaft flex. In your set the 9 and PW have the same flex as the rest of you irons while your wedges are usually wedge flex or softer. Now they are going to put a x or stiff flex in my 60*, would be interest to see since I hardly ever swing full with my wedges. Maybe that's part of the SCOR system to eliminate the half or 3/4 shots?

---

The variable bounce has me scratching my head. It's such a huge gap and has to effect the feel of clubs based on face position

That is exactly what I have been trying to figure out. I would need to see one in hand to get a better idea of how that will function.

What the heck, I wasn't sure what my schedule was like intially when this was first posted but the work load has broken and I'm golfing regularly again.

1. What wedges do you normally play?
Callaway X-22 PW 45, AW 51, SW 56 since they came with my set and I never got around to getting other wedges
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
Overall I am happy with the performance but wonder if I am not giving up a lot by just going with what came with my iron set.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
I carry 3 wedges all of which came with my X-22's when I bought the set.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
I think the thing I look for the most is accuracy and being able to consistently hit the shots I want.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
While I have been a little inactive lately here, I am usually a regular and posting as much as I can in regard to topics I have real input for. I tend to average at least one round and range session a week. In addition I often practice chipping and short pitches and different shot shapes in my yard or the near by school's field.

I concur with this quote, this whole system is a great idea, and the thought of the bounces just boggles my mind without seeing them in person. So hopefully I can :)

I find myself in the "see it to believe it" catagory with this bounce. Almost sounds too good to be true, but my game yesterday was hampered by a mix of hardpan and nice fw grasses. I wound up blading two and fluffing one, so if it works, this could be golden.

Back