Free 30 minute GolfTec lesson

That's gonna be my thing too! Or set up and GIR's. Need some consistancy.

I don't see why not, Icey. I wanted to work on GIRs so I only pulled out a 6i from the bag.

I was gonna ask the same thing... Never did anything like this before, Do I take my full bag, including the balls I play? If not, what do I take, if anything?

LOL. Just what I need right now. Thanks

They confirmed no upcharge - just free. Also, they have my driver there so I don't need to bring a thing besides shoes.

Just signed wife and I up for Sunday!

closest to me is 80 miles...

Thanks, but I'm out...

Had my lesson today. Can't expect too much in 1/2 hour but I did get some good info and I really like the technology they have. I wish the lessons were less expensive. I can get 2 lessons at any local course from a PGA pro for what 1 of GolfTec's lessons cost.

I will be calling tomorrow morning. The nearest Golftec is 78 miles away in Troy MI, I am going to schedule for next week.

Had my lesson today. Can't expect too much in 1/2 hour but I did get some good info and I really like the technology they have. I wish the lessons were less expensive. I can get 2 lessons at any local course from a PGA pro for what 1 of GolfTec's lessons cost.

So I went by the local GolfTec last night for my free 30 minutes. Agreed that you can't expect much in that amount of time, but the technology was fantastic. In 10 minutes I was able to identify a couple of setup issues (feet too close together, too close to the ball) and one big swing issue (legs way too busy). I would love to take lessons there as the real-time feedback is awesome. Unfortunately it will have to wait until I have the $$ on hand. If you live in the Northern VA area, I highly recommend running up to Tysons Corner and talking to Gary. He was very personable and a great resource of knowledge. Also, even though we covered a lot of ground, he made sure that he left me with a useful plan for improvement before I walked out the door.

wow great deal. thank you just signed up for 10 minutes away!

I just got back from my golftec lesson... I was impressed a lot of cool technology. after talking for quite a bit about what i wanted to work on and goals i had we decided that since i was playing well right now that i should work on my swing during the winter. my swing is all upper body he said which i was already aware of my feet actually don't move at all during my swing no heel even in my swing. He said i had a great stance and showed lines on my stance photo and he said the lines were exactly where they wanted to be. he did changed my grip just a little bit apparently i had been holding the club to much with my palm instead of my fingers and he worked on me not leaning back during my backswing to try to get a "fake" weight transfer. He said my swing is a little over the top and if i work on a proper backswing i could cut down on my fade and would be more consistant. The only problem with the lesson was that they could not connect to their network so i couldn't see any pros swings next to mine or get my swing online later. BUT he offered a free hour lesson that i scheduled for next friday so i can see what else they have to offer. i have been thinking about taking lessons this year quite a bit and if its not to expensive i might go there maybe starting in October after the season to start working out the kinks in my swing and my putting as well. Chris was very knowledgable and nice. Also he wasn't pushy or anything never pushed me to come back except for my free lesson since he felt bad about the network being down. So for a free half hour lesson i was pleased even more excited about next week to see how much my swing is messed up. lol

I just got back from my golftec lesson... I was impressed a lot of cool technology. after talking for quite a bit about what i wanted to work on and goals i had we decided that since i was playing well right now that i should work on my swing during the winter. my swing is all upper body he said which i was already aware of my feet actually don't move at all during my swing no heel even in my swing. He said i had a great stance and showed lines on my stance photo and he said the lines were exactly where they wanted to be. he did changed my grip just a little bit apparently i had been holding the club to much with my palm instead of my fingers and he worked on me not leaning back during my backswing to try to get a "fake" weight transfer. He said my swing is a little over the top and if i work on a proper backswing i could cut down on my fade and would be more consistant. The only problem with the lesson was that they could not connect to their network so i couldn't see any pros swings next to mine or get my swing online later. BUT he offered a free hour lesson that i scheduled for next friday so i can see what else they have to offer. i have been thinking about taking lessons this year quite a bit and if its not to expensive i might go there maybe starting in October after the season to start working out the kinks in my swing and my putting as well. Chris was very knowledgable and nice. Also he wasn't pushy or anything never pushed me to come back except for my free lesson since he felt bad about the network being down. So for a free half hour lesson i was pleased even more excited about next week to see how much my swing is messed up. lol

Sounds like a great experience, can't wait to see what your lesson is like.

I was curious as to how the lessons went with some of you.I have one scheduled next Thursday after work in Charlotte and just wondered about your experiences and if they are real pushy trying to sign you up for a series of lessons.I actually considered cancelling the time , but it seems like it has been a worthwhile deal for most of you so far.It turns out I work about 15 minutes from the Golftec location so i guess to will keep the appointment and check it out.

glad to hear it went well, thats great they gave you the free hour one too.

glad to hear it went well, thats great they gave you the free hour one too.

yeah it wasn't his fault the network was down. he just felt bad and im not gonna turn down a free hour lesson. the 2 tips he gave me have been helpful too. worked on both of them at the range yesterday.

I had my free 30 minute lesson on Friday. I went in pretty excited as I have only heard good things about Golftec. I had to drive about an hour away to get to the closest Golftec and the experience did not disappoint. It is probably too far to take regular lessons from, but it made me wish I had one closer to me.

To start off with Ben asked me what my game was like I told him that I feel that I am a pretty solid golfer, but that I inconsistent off the tee. So he said that he would like to work on the driver for our half hour. This was exactly what I was hoping for and he began to hook me up to the machine. He quickly found a ton of flaws in my swing. First off, my stance is too narrow. He then started showing me that my hands become disconnected from my body and my backswing is far to flat. I do get it on the right line on the downswing, but he pointed to this as being a big factor in my inconsistency off the tee. It was so helpful for me to be able to see in real time what he was talking about, and also to be able to practice getting into the correct positions by looking at myself in the monitor. It is a very cool aspect of Golftec. Not only do they record your swing and compare it to a pros swing, and draw you lines for you to see, but they can leave those lines on the screen and you can practice with those lines while you are watching it. Also he said that my shoulder turn is about 15* more than the tour average, so he put an audible alarm to go off when I exceeded a desired shoulder turn. It was so interesting to hear how early the alarm went off, I felt lime it was at about a 3/4 turn.

We also had time to work on my irons as well and some of the same flaws manifest themselves just in a lesser degree. Overall I was so pleased with my experience and really wish I had one closer. Also, they didn't try to sell me on a package or anything. It was just a great experience that left me both disgusted and amazed at my swing. Disgusted because there were so many issues and amazed because I seem to have made this disgusting swing work for me :D

^^ good stuff doc, I hate that little beep! The technology they use is so cool isn't it. I love how you can instantly see the data points from a small change in your swing.

--
tapatalk

^^ good stuff doc, I hate that little beep! The technology they use is so cool isn't it. I love how you can instantly see the data points from a small change in your swing.

--
tapatalk

Is this SW as in SW FLA? What are like Prince now? Am I going to have to start calling you The Golfer Formerly Known as SW FLA? Haha! Actually I kind of like it! SW just sound legit!

Had my 30 minute session yesterday morning. I was THOROUGHLY impressed. My Pro wasted NO time and knew he was going to try and pack in as much as he could in the 30 minutes. I've heard how I go "Over the Top with my move and I've worked on drills here with little to no success. I feel its because I've videotaped myself but not had it actually analyzed and broken it down with truly how/where/why. This was HUGE for me. The Pro was very much about repetition and enforcing it with both verbal and physical cues.

I'd be very willing to partake in future lessons with GolfTec and this pro in particular.

My only issue, I've not been able to access my videos via the website. I plan on placing a call tomorrow.

Is this SW as in SW FLA? What are like Prince now? Am I going to have to start calling you The Golfer Formerly Known as SW FLA? Haha! Actually I kind of like it! SW just sound legit!

Lol, yeah I might just change the screenname to a symbol soon.

--
tapatalk

Lol, yeah I might just change the screenname to a symbol soon.

--
tapatalk

Haha I love it! Maybe a skull and cross clubs or something.

Wow! Just finished with my free lesson here in Atlanta and I am now a believer. I have taken lessons at several places in the past but this one lesson with golftec was by far the best I've experienced. The technology they have, allows the lessons to be extremely efficient. While they may charge more than others, the added benefit of the technology makes the extra charge worth the investment. During my lesson the primary flaw we worked on was my back swing, which was causing my entire swing to break down. By the end of the lesson I was on the correct path and getting into a better position at impact. John, the teacher I was working with, gave me several drills to work on and several swing thoughts that gave instant positive feed back. I will certainly be taking lessons with golftec in the future.

So, my experience was...different than the rest of the responses in this thread. Keep in mind that everything in quotes was actually said.

I get there and he says "Gimme a few minutes to wrap up with these folks and I'll be right with you." I said ok and he offered me a bottle of water, perfect. My appointment was for 11:00am and this was around 11:02 (I had been in the lobby for a minute, and I was probably a minute late).

At 11:25 he comes out and says, "What're you here for?" I say the 30min Swing Eval. He looks at me like I'm nuts and says "did you book online? Are you sure it's a swing evaluation?" "Yeah, for 30 mins." He says "Those are 90mins, the Swing ANALYSIS is 30mins long." Whatever dude, it's 30mins and you're looking at my swing. I didn't say that, but wanted to as he gave me slight attitude...after being nearly 30mins late too! So he says AND I QUOTE "Well, you're only gonna get a crumb of what we do...and you're gonna need more than that, I'm sure". Hmm...you have no idea who I am, never seen me swing a club, don't have the slightest idea what my past is or who I work with currently, but you're 100% positive that I'm gonna need more? This arrogance and "I'm much better than you" attitude didn't cease once we got into the room.

So I brush it off as not to antagonize any and we head into the room. He asks me what my handicap is. I said "I was a plus in HS, quit the game, just picked it up about 4-6months ago, carrying a 4.7 index but playing to about a 9". He looks puzzled. He says "How old were you when you were a plus?" 16-18, then I quit. "Do you work with anyone currently?" I said "I am a member at Blackstone CC and work with the Head Pro there sometimes". He says "Oh, I see. So you work with Aaron?" Small talk from there about how Aaron is and how he knows him.

He says, "go hit a few and let me know when you hit a normal one." So, no warmup, never hooked me up to the sensors, nothing, I grab a 6i. After a few swings he asks, "What club do you have there?" So I tell him and he punches in 5i into the system he's got there. 5th ball in, I said, "that one felt good". So he called me over and we looked at it. He says he sees a couple things that we could work on and explains a couple drills for me to do. He comes over and shows me what he means instead of just trying to explain it, which I like when instructors get hands-on like that. He then brings up Stuart Appleby's swing. My swing and Appleby's swing look like night & day, it was just the video he already had loaded up and the easiest thing to do. The things he wants me to work on, aren't shown very well on the video he brings up besides the knee flex issue that apparently I've developed.

However, we go thru a couple drills that I can do at home. Then he gets into his schpiel...talking about how he's the "Doctor" and I'm the "Patient" and "It's up to me if I want to take the medicine or not" and how he's the "end all, cure all for my golf swing" and if I "really want to be a good golfer then there's no option except the 6mo worth of lessons", before he drops the "Ya know, you're in good hands with Aaron, but he doesn't have the tools that I do." yada yada yada. So I ask him a couple leading questions, feigning interest in his lessons because there isn't a chance I'd ever take lessons from someone as arrogant as this guy. Also, I ask "is this lesson going to be loaded onto the website so I can reference it?" He cuts me off and says "No, only full, paid lessons are put on the website."

Okay, thank you very much. And I left.
I was happy with the hands-on work, but less than thrilled with his demeanor. It was like he felt empowered to dissect my golf swing and tell me the parts of it that were off. But, that's why you go thru many, many teachers before you find one that's right for you! Even the Hank Haney's & Butch Harmon's of the world get fired sometimes.

Am I the only one that didn't get hooked up to their sensors? Am I the only one who's video wasn't put online for me to review afterwards?

Dang man, which one did you go too? I'm headed to one in CHandler later today.

Dang man, which one did you go too? I'm headed to one in CHandler later today.

Peoria, AZ. Just south of Bell Rd on 87th Ave.

Hope you have better luck in the East Valley.

Back