Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please excuse me fellas if you decide that I'm deciding to 'disrespect' the game of golf by wearing my titleist hat backwards on the range or wearing bright colors. (i've had it happen before)

Please excuse me fellas if you decide that I'm deciding to 'disrespect' the game of golf by wearing my titleist hat backwards on the range or wearing bright colors. (i've had it happen before)

You mean you don't wear cargo shorts and your shirt on backwards {Grin} like I did last week.

Lolz. No, I've had really bad experiencing with people at my local golf course telling me off for stuff like that. I rememeber vividly I was warming up and I never thought to turn my Titleist hat the correct way around. Well one grumpy old man told me to get off of the course because I was disrespecting the game of golf. It was my tee time anyway so I hit one more beauty of a 7 Iron and walked away. As I was walking away, he decided to throw one more jab. He said, "where did you get your cloths? Did Crayola hand make them for you?" I think I was wearing a Blue and White Shirt with Orange pants. I walked closer and whispered "F*** Off." and left. It's just sad to see people resisting change.

The only strokes Dawg & I are going to give those young whupper snappers is to their pride.. hehe:deadhorse:

FIFY, I know you well enough to know this is what you really meant.

FIFY, I know you well enough to know this is what you really meant.

I love ya bro! Old JT can dress like Rickie Fowler in all bright orange and it won't make any difference except we might be able to spot him in the woods better. hehe

I love ya bro! Old JT can dress like Rickie Fowler in all bright orange and it won't make any difference except we might be able to spot him in the woods better. hehe

Jr. will look like all of the other hunters up there, we can just wear our cut off coveralls and we will fit right in up there in those north Georgia mountains. Broggans, strawhats, white tee shirts and we will be styling as we whip up on the whippersnappers.

I want to know who those young bucks are who are bragging about taking myself and DawgDaddy to the woodshed for the afternoon scramble match. I can't wait to get some of that action!

That's myself and eaglesgolf! We've been fine tuning our game over the last month or so, and with my knowledge of the course, we're in for a good time! I can't wait to get up there.

ATTENTION!
On a more important side note. Everyone should give themselves plenty of time for travel, as there will be twice as many people in the area. A couple of counties south in Gilmer County where I live, there will be an apple festival going on all weekend. I'm sure some people will have to drive through here, and traffic can be absolutely miserable as our small town isn't built for the large amount of people. Also, in Blairsville the Sorghum Festival will be happening, and it is the same problem. A small town with tourists from all of the place, and awful traffic. Be aware of this! I have to travel through both of these to get there, haha. I just figured everyone would like to know this.

That's myself and eaglesgolf! We've been fine tuning our game over the last month or so, and with my knowledge of the course, we're in for a good time! I can't wait to get up there.

ATTENTION!
On a more important side note. Everyone should give themselves plenty of time for travel, as there will be twice as many people in the area. A couple of counties south in Gilmer County where I live, there will be an apple festival going on all weekend. I'm sure some people will have to drive through here, and traffic can be absolutely miserable as our small town isn't built for the large amount of people. Also, in Blairsville the Sorghum Festival will be happening, and it is the same problem. A small town with tourists from all of the place, and awful traffic. Be aware of this! I have to travel through both of these to get there, haha. I just figured everyone would like to know this.

Thanks for the heads up Josh! It 's going to busy in them thar hills :eek:) !

That's right! There will be three of you gaming the new Adams A12OS at the Get Together.. That is too cool...

And me swinging A4s anyway.
Notice I didn't say play...because right now I'm just swinging them :bad:

Tappitytaptapatalk

ATTENTION!

And me hahaha. But thanks for the heads up Josh. I was planning to leave Roswell at about 7 so now its going to be more like 5:30 haha.

Nick are you staying over in one of the cabins?

I think I am just going to make a day trip of it. My wife wants to go to her dads that weekend and he lives a bout 45 mins north of atl in rome ga. I will have to see how far that is from where we are playing.

Ok guys I hope you are ready for some fun in the sun on the soon to happen October Fall Ga. Get Together! I think we have some really exciting matches coming up and although it will be a little competition it's all about letting me win :eek:)..... Nawwwwww I plan on taking down Chewie in my singles match and myself and DawgDaddy or going to give a class in humble pie to the young whipper snappers in the Saturday afternoon scramble. Hmmmmm Kelly needs to update the Saturday morning pairings as I have forgot who my partner is LOL, however we are going to whup somebody's butt.

Looking forward to it. I will need a weekend with no work, by the time it gets here.

Looking forward to it. I will need a weekend with no work, by the time it gets here.

That's what I like, my opponent looking forward to a woodshed meeting :eek:)

I guess folks on here are scared of smack talk or not comfortable with it huh? lol

Just got home from a quick nine...we decided to play the back nine since I think the clouds scared most people away. Driver was off a bit tonight. Everything else was tolerable. Finished 18 with missing the fairway a little to the right, hit 7 iron into the green between 3 trees and through one, landed to the left of the green, chipped in for a one bounce birdie. Good finish for a 41.

Just got home from a quick nine...we decided to play the back nine since I think the clouds scared most people away. Driver was off a bit tonight. Everything else was tolerable. Finished 18 with missing the fairway a little to the right, hit 7 iron into the green between 3 trees and through one, landed to the left of the green, chipped in for a one bounce birdie. Good finish for a 41.

Good round chewie and I am looking forward to playing some golf with ya!

Good round Chewie!

All I can say is if Bubbette shows up at the outing and hits first on every shot instead of second, you guys are in trouble!

Good round Chewie!

All I can say is if Bubbette shows up at the outing and hits first on every shot instead of second, you guys are in trouble!

Wrong team sweety as Bubbette is on the Whackers. You and One-T will be down and out by the 15th hole in your best ball match.

Went to the Par 3 course today and shot -1. Yeah I think Im ready :D

Hey All,
I created a map of the golf courses and the cabins. While the golf courses are probably pretty close, the cabins are another story. They are up in the hills and you can only get semi close on the points. I notated some extra instructions for Grays cabin...I am pretty sure they are correct as I got them from the owner (sorry Gray..I knew you were busy trying to put together a game and didnt want to bother your losing effort) The link and mileages are as follows....

http://g.co/maps/8wvta

• Grays Cabin Turnoff to:
    • Blairsville - 15.1 miles (23 minutes)
    • TOADs Cabin - 21.1 miles (32 minutes)
    • Old Union - 8.9 miles (16 minutes)
  • TOADs Cabin to:
    • Blairsville - 6.3 miles - (10 minutes)
    • Grays Cabin Turnoff - 21.1 miles (32 minutes)
    • Old Union - 12.3 miles (16 minutes)
If you have anymore ideas for the map, let me know and I will get them posted.....

Bama

Went to the Par 3 course today and shot -1. Yeah I think Im ready :D

You playing that good we might have to jockey some positions if the need arises huh? I mean this is a team fun event but the Hicks got to take the hackers to the shed!

Hey All,
I created a map of the golf courses and the cabins. While the golf courses are probably pretty close, the cabins are another story. They are up in the hills and you can only get semi close on the points. I notated some extra instructions for Grays cabin...I am pretty sure they are correct as I got them from the owner (sorry Gray..I knew you were busy trying to put together a game and didnt want to bother your losing effort) The link and mileages are as follows....

http://g.co/maps/8wvta

• Grays Cabin Turnoff to:
    • Blairsville - 15.1 miles (23 minutes)
    • TOADs Cabin - 21.1 miles (32 minutes)
    • Old Union - 8.9 miles (16 minutes)
  • TOADs Cabin to:
    • Blairsville - 6.3 miles - (10 minutes)
    • Grays Cabin Turnoff - 21.1 miles (32 minutes)
    • Old Union - 12.3 miles (16 minutes)
If you have anymore ideas for the map, let me know and I will get them posted.....

Bama

Great job and man this will be a huge help! I hope we can find the cabins as it looks like they are out in the "sticks" for hicks LOL

Good round Chewie!

Thanks. I have been so busy lately that as long as I can get to the range for an hour a couple times a week and play at least nine per week, the game doesn't change too much. It doesn't necessarily get all that much better, but not any worse either.

Back