JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Todd H is back with his latest review and this one is on a product called GolfSense. Check it out here.

http://bit.ly/NQ1R10

Great review as always. That thing looks awesome and at a reasonable price. How was the battery life? To the ponder thread! Haha

Tap Tap Taparoo

Nice review here Todd!! Seems like a fairly simple device in nature but packs quite a punch with how much data is quickly available to the golfer. Also, like how you pointed out that it is barely more than the cost of a lesson so this would seem really handy if you are someone in tune with your golf swing and can identify exactly what is going on.

Would you venture to say that if you are knowledgeable enough to understand the data you could use this to replace lessons to an extent?

Tap Tap Taparoo

Great review hanks! It's an interesting product, I'd love to give one of these a try I definitely think the golfsense could help me with my swing.

Neat Swing device and a nice price point , but how does it let you know if your on the correct swing plane for your swing ?

Neat Swing device and a nice price point , but how does it let you know if your on the correct swing plane for your swing ?

That is my concern as well. I am a beginner and unless I can compare it to what a swing SHOULD look like Im not sure it will do me much good. Does it have a compare or overlap function?

Great review Todd. I have seen this one in Best Buy on more than one occasion, but with the price tag it carries I stayed away from it. Definitely seems to provide some great feedback with the swing analysis though.

I like the phone in pocket feature, but, I, already, have a swingbyte, otherwise, I would buy one.

seems like a great device. Great review buddy. The only problem I see is that not everyone has an i- whatever. so they are limiting their customer base.

That is a good price point for essentially a simulator it seems like. Color me intrigued, great review dude

Love all these new gadgets coming out on the market today to help us golfers improved just that much more! Look forward to seeing how this does on the market! Thanks Hanks!

I agree dude

seems like a great device. Great review buddy. The only problem I see is that not everyone has an i- whatever. so they are limiting their customer base.

That depends on the individual I think. If you knew what you were looking for or what you were trying to fix then perhaps. Plus let's say that you're hitting the ball really well but you hook yourself up to this and it shows you that you're not 'swinging correctly.' Do you change your swing based on that or do you ignore that input? That's where a lesson may tell you that you're fine with what you have. Me personally I thrive on 1:1 information so this wouldn't replace my instructor's lessons.

Would you venture to say that if you are knowledgeable enough to understand the data you could use this to replace lessons to an extent?

Tap Tap Taparoo

Good review, seems like a nice product. I'm liking all these golf swing analyzers that are coming out. Unfortunately, as One-T said, golfsense is missing out on a huge part of the market only making this available for Apple users. If it comes to Android I'll be very interested as I've been looking at products like this for a few months.

agree it would be nice to have this work for the droid. But...my wife does have an iPad but then I wouldn't have the "in pocket"feature. Overall this is a great cost for all the features you get.

Thanks for the review. The industry is really starting to put out some very interesting swing analysis devices.

did you know your swing speeds going into testing and how did they compare as far as accuracy is concerned?

What exactly are the differences between this device and the swingbyte besides the method of attachement.
I like that you can compare practice swings with real shots because I always feel that my practice swings are way better. As far as I remember the swingbyte only records when it measurea an impact.

As One-T said, not everyone has an i-device, and I am one of the, But with the influx of all these products coming out that require one, the closer I get to breaking down and getting one! Looks like a device that does just what it says it does.

Didn't even know this thing existed. Great review, man! Either this or SwingByte will be mind sometime this year. I'm just not sure which will really give me what I want/need.

What exactly are the differences between this device and the swingbyte besides the method of attachement.
I like that you can compare practice swings with real shots because I always feel that my practice swings are way better. As far as I remember the swingbyte only records when it measurea an impact.

I would be curious about the swingbyte vs golfsense comparison too. Any thoughts on the accuracy, ease of use, information available, and general reliability between the 2 devices?

Great review. Would it be possible to also get a picture of the device in position and ready to go?

Nice review Hanks!

I agree. I don't have any devices that I could use this with. Seems odd to limit it that way.

Nice review Hanks!

I agree. I don't have any devices that I could use this with. Seems odd to limit it that way.

It's usually not a decision made to limit it, but more of a "where can we best use our development resources to reach the biggest audience".

Apple's development kits and distribution usually make it the wise choice for ROI in that regard.

It's usually not a decision made to limit it, but more of a "where can we best use our development resources to reach the biggest audience".

Apple's development kits and distribution usually make it the wise choice for ROI in that regard.

Absolutely true. My company makes a product that does dermoscopic photography using the iPhone. When developing the technology and the app it was way too much money to develop both so they went with the iPhone simply because of the volume and popularity of it. My guess is that this is a small company as well.

Back