Nice review Todd! This device has my attention for sure. Seems like pretty good value for the info it provides.

Very cool device and great review. Hopefully this heads to Android soon.

Nice job Hanks!

I really like the fact that this device is worn and not attached to the club, way less issues can happen that way IMO. As someone with an "i" device this could be very could and very handy to have.

I think I'm going to purchase one of these - I've been looking for something like this that will incorporate with my i-devices.

Considering I'm a tech nerd by nature this seems like a must have.

These type of products are great. My question though since it wasn't mentioned in the review..... does it give you any data like if your club head is open or closed at impact, or if you are hitting down on the ball, etc?

That's what THP does dude....brings stuff like this to the forefront

Didn't even know this thing existed. Great review, man! Either this or SwingByte will be mind sometime this year. I'm just not sure which will really give me what I want/need.

Can you imagine if this thing and the iPING putter app got a hotel room together? Whoa....

Nice job Hanks!

I really like the fact that this device is worn and not attached to the club, way less issues can happen that way IMO. As someone with an "i" device this could be very could and very handy to have.

Actually it does in terms of open/closed club face but I don't remember if it did re: hitting down or not.

These type of products are great. My question though since it wasn't mentioned in the review..... does it give you any data like if your club head is open or closed at impact, or if you are hitting down on the ball, etc?

thanks for the review

Very nice review, android lock myself. Will keep an eye on the SB and thus one for down the road.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Great review dude! I am very interested in one of these. I think it would be a great tool to have in the bag for when your swing is very good to record then when it goes in the crapper to compare what your doing wrong.

Great review and an interesting product for sure!!!

THP reviews got me again!! I was so intrigued by this thing I just went to best buy and bought one. I will be out back hitting into the net in a few hours I'll let you know how it goes.

THP reviews got me again!! I was so intrigued by this thing I just went to best buy and bought one. I will be out back hitting into the net in a few hours I'll let you know how it goes.

Same here man. Just ordered it off the website. Didnt even think to go to Best Buy. Cant wait to get this thing.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I enjoyed the review, however I would love to see more THP-tester pictures as opposed to the company supplied pictures.

I enjoyed the review, however I would love to see more THP-tester pictures as opposed to the company supplied pictures.

Will post some pics and thoughts when I get it.

Tap Tap Taparoo

BTW for you Android users this is a tweet from about 6 hours ago from GolfSense: Coming soon... @GolfSense3D for #Android.

Tap Tap Taparoo

It's usually not a decision made to limit it, but more of a "where can we best use our development resources to reach the biggest audience".

Apple's development kits and distribution usually make it the wise choice for ROI in that regard.

Absolutely true. My company makes a product that does dermoscopic photography using the iPhone. When developing the technology and the app it was way too much money to develop both so they went with the iPhone simply because of the volume and popularity of it. My guess is that this is a small company as well.

BTW for you Android users this is a tweet from about 6 hours ago from GolfSense: Coming soon... @GolfSense3D for #Android.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I get it. I just think in todays market you hit the most consumers by providing something for the 2 big mobile platforms. A port shouldn't really be that large of an effort if done correctly. You should just need to replace the plumbing.

Nice review. No questions yet but can't wait to hear more updates.

Great review Hanks! Looks cool but just doesn't appeal to me really. I don't have an iPad or iPhone so that kinda sucks. Also, the swing plane and speed stuff looks neat but it seems very basic. I guess it's helpful to an extent but at this point when testing out different shafts, heads, etc. I'd be looking for something that also was able to include launch, spin, and some other factors.

Nonetheless, I'm sure they'll sell some and be fine

I would imagine in future updates those features will be added. Swing plane is biggest thing for me so I am gonna give it a shot.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I got a late start and was only able to hit a few balls before it got dark and the mosquitos started attacking me.

I hit five with the 6 iron and eight with the driver. I didn't have time to read the directions so most of my swings were not saved because I didn't know there was an auto save feature that had to be enabled or you can tap the button after each swing you want to save.

Here are a few screen shots. It's very easy to see my over the top move I'm hoping with this and some practice I can get rid of the over the top slice swing.
View attachment 5456View attachment 5457View attachment 5458View attachment 5459

I would imagine in future updates those features will be added. Swing plane is biggest thing for me so I am gonna give it a shot.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Would be interesting to see that. I'm curious to see how theyd calculate spin and launch from a device on your glove. Path and speed are pretty simple in that regard.

Would be interesting to see that. I'm curious to see how theyd calculate spin and launch from a device on your glove. Path and speed are pretty simple in that regard.

Maybe incorporate a second device on the mat or ground near the tee? Most people are going to use this at the range anyway so it wouldnt be much of an issue.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Maybe incorporate a second device on the mat or ground near the tee? Most people are going to use this at the range anyway so it wouldnt be much of an issue.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Maybe so. I would definitely be interested if they ever did something like that, no doubt!

Back