Dude, that’s awesome! I hope the lessons go well!
Yeah I'm stoked. I'm hoping to walk into the season this year with a better swing and skip the "getting back to golf" rounds or at least have fewer of them. I don't know if I can get all the way down to 10 this year but that's the goal.

Next lesson is scheduled. It’s going to be either Driver or wedge focused. Haven’t decided yet.

had something come up so had to push my next lesson back a couple weeks

Evaluation just a week away. Getting excited.

Had my first lesson on Friday. Definitely a little humbling in more ways than one. Seeing your swing on video with all the metrics they're able to put up about your positions really lays it all out there bare for you to see. Also a great reinforcement that I need to lose some weight! 😅

We're starting with irons. After the usual 'what do you want to get out of this?' conversation he had me start hitting balls. Instructor said my setup was good and we went through my swing. Backswing positions were good, but I was setting my wrists early and hung the club out a good bit at the top, which is not a huge surprise. We'll get back to those two in a minute. On the downswing somewhere about halfway down my shoulders are swaying back, which puts me in a bad position for iron shots (and probably anything). I was also cupping my lead wrist, which explains some of the contact issues I've seen.

This is where he dug in a bit. He threw up metrics on the screen that showed my shoulders as they move towards the target. It made it really easy to see where I was leaning back, and for the rest of the lesson we worked on that issue alone. We talked about feeling like I was engaging my core muscles a bit more on my back swing and really focusing on keeping my shoulders moving towards the target. Didn't do a ton of full speed swings but the after video was way better even after just a few swings. Staying connected in my backswing led to a much better wrist position, the club was level with the ground at the top, and I was getting a more complete shoulder turn from 85˚ to 90˚. When I was able to keep myself from swaying back I was also in a much better position at impact. I'm not saying it's a cure all or that I started hitting ropes out there (there were a couple), but it's crazy how much one little detail can totally impact all other parts of the swing.

I've got some drills to work on, both on the Golftec site and some that he gave me. Short week for me this week so I won't be back until next week, but excited to keep working on it. I know that there will be more to learn here for sure!

I’m sorta looking forward to seeing video of swing. I’m beginning to learn more about what causes my inconsistencies I think. Swing evaluation should prove or disprove my thinking. I’ve come to find out that weight shift is a real issue with my swing. That and I’m sure there are other things Blake will find when I get there for evaluation.

Latest lesson in the books. We worked on wedges today and I will say without hesitation; that was the best short game lesson I've ever had. I really wanted help with my 35-80 yard pitches and we worked at 50 for the lesson. It's unreal the amount of spin I was able to put on the ball and how clean I was able to make contact, even with my several year old wedges... Needless to say I'm excited to get out to practice tomorrow.

Second lesson today (well actually first, but did some drills at swing eval so calling it second). Practicing without a club while OOS working didn't help much:sneaky:. I knew that to be the case, just warned my coach.

We walked through my thought process and hit on a few triggers to try. Unbelievable how one idea can make the others fall in line. Can now do some of the things he was asking before.

Still a work in progress but definitely changes can be seen.

More later when the lesson populates and I can share some glorious videos:ROFLMAO:

Went through so much I want to make sure and describe it correctly. Probably this weekend as I'm Uber service for our son after he gets off work and plans tonight.

Last edited:
Have my phone call scheduled today with Blake from OKC location. Evaluation is coming up soon. Looking forward to this.

OK after reading this thread early this morning I signed up for an evaluation next week. I found out I will be part of the NFL Fantasy Football Experience in August and I do not want to embarrass myself.
I am consistently inconsistent. I shoot from an 84 to 104. Time to get consistency. I will post once I have my evaluation done on what I should work on.

Just finished pre evaluation phone call. Really looking forward to Tuesday.

I have another lesson Friday. Still working on right elbow, instructor was honest and said it’s very hard to shave strokes as single digit.

I’m on a practice plan until the end of the month. After that I’ll just use the HackMotion and the DeWiz on the range. I like using the videos to make sure I’m hitting the positions the best this almost 71 yo body can. After a 12 year layoff it’s really helped me comeback.

Was busy yesterday after my pre evaluation call with Blake. Asked me several questions about my game and goals. No pressure to sell lessons but did ask me to have a budget in mind when we discuss it after evaluation which sounds like it will turn into lesson one. I did t sugar coat my issues. He is going to see 1st hand soon enough. We talked about tendencies even got into what I thought issues were. I believe this will be a very rewarding step forward in my game. From what he had to say he didn’t think that my goals were to lofty or unattainable. Tuesday will tell a tale I’m sure. Goal going in is to improve consistency. I believe consistency will make the goal of lowering cap very possible. Overall goal is to move from 13.8 to that 9.5 or so range.

Dry swinging without a club while OOS on work did work a little bit I guess. Especially since I wasn't working on the full swing and just the take-a-way. Would it have been better at home on the sim with a club...absolutely and may have made more progress.

However, what I was working on between the first session and this one was WRONG. :rolleyes:

My fault as I didn't understand what he was wanting me to do fully.

My biggest area of improvement lies in my forearms and wrists. Managing the path and face is not a strong suit of mine. I try and set the club right at the beginning of the back swing by rotating my left forearm (the wrong way) and then add an incorrect hinge at the top. It's why my arc is so wide, the club goes out and over my head, and I can get too steep.

I never realized how many different positions the shaft, head, and face were at during my swing.

So basically started over with what he really wanted me to do in this session. Practiced what finally hit home on the takeaway for a while and then went into the video pieces.

I have to remember to not talk while doing the video portion. I do not like my voice and the mumble is real:ROFLMAO: Also just the fact that its recording and I say stupid things.

Here is the first go at putting today's practice on to video.

View attachment swing_analysis_1.mp4

Next was to work on my right elbow and both wrists. Not setting a hinge or manipulating the club head right off the bat. What I took away from the first lesson (which was wrong) just wasn't working with the right elbow. He is wanting to get the shaft of the club more steep and not around me.

My rotation of the left forearm would not allow me to keep my right elbow in front of my body and wouldn't allow it to not bend. My right elbow was bending way too much and going behind my chest.

Our focus was keeping the left hand glove flap stright away and not allow my forearm to rotate over. Originally the flap would be facing straight up with my forearm rotation at the beginning, resulting in taking the club around me. This would also not allowing my right elbow to stay in front of my body and pretty much closing down. Was so hard to keep it in before and found out today it is almost impossible to do that with what I'm doing at the very beginning of my swing.

View attachment swing_analysis_2.mp4

You can see at the beginning of this video old habits are HARD to break. My left forearm does it's wrong rotation right away and the club starts going way around me. Also why I'm always fighting an open face when I return to the ball.

This is where we start to focus on the right wrist. Same principle in that I was hinging and taking the club head further around and above my head. More focused on keeping the right wrist hinge with the palm facing directly behind me. Instead of continuing to wrap the club away and around. Some of this is also caused by my right shoulder not rotating externally. With all that I was doing before, my right shoulder would rotate inward. Again...another reason I couldn't comfortably keep my right elbow in tight and in front.

Loosie Goosie at the top needs to go away he says;)

Realized I don't use areas of my body I'm supposed to and it felt awkward, tight and sometimes hurt.

View attachment swing_analysis_3.mp4

More left arm, right elbow, shoulder explanation of what he is wanting me to do. Also what I may see if I start to revert to old habits. Here is where the practice sessions within the lesson packages are so beneficial. I don't have a camera system at home and what it's able to show is amazing.

View attachment swing_analysis_4.mp4

More glorious videos of me to come;). Have to go get the boss and finish prep for procedure later today. Hopefully have time to wrap up before I go to said procedure or later tonight if I'm capable as I leave tomorrow for another work trip.

Evaluation today was let’s say eye opening. Found out what I do well and not so well. Will post some numbers and video when I get them. Setup and take away were good. If any change to take away it would be hands a little closer to body. Shoulder tilt was in green hip and shoulder turn were blue being more hip and shoulder turn than your average. Down the line view was really good. Swaying off the ball is freakin terrible. That I can change have drills that I’ve used in the past. Will also need to spend some time working on OTT. Blake was very happy with many aspects of swing. I purchased the 10 credits which is 5 one hour lessons. Figured this would be a good start. With those lessons and lots of range balls and drills and maybe things will improve. Very pleased with the evaluation

We now have a plan on the takeaway, and when to stop the backswing (presently).

Sooooo, let's throw something else at this glorious motion :ROFLMAO:

He noticed that my hips and knees started a little too far back. What was happening with that is the top of my swing was already getting to far back and across my body, my hips/knees had to move even more, creating what I call my hitch.

I did this on purpose in the past to try and prevent excessive sway, but in reality I was still doing it and causing more alignment issues in other areas.

As with all of these changes, it feels awkward. I understand it and will add it to my list.

View attachment swing_analysis_5.mp4

What's amazing for me that is allowing my mind to grasp all of what he is saying, is one little change. I wasn't grasping what he was trying to get me to do in the first session and my practice after that helped, but it was difficult to tie it all together or get to where he wanted me to be in the backswing.

The left wrist, that change alone has helped me begin to get to the other positions he wants me to be at. I'm still working to get where he wants me to be, but I'm liking what I'm starting to see.

These changes have also taken away some of the pain in my neck, which gravitates to my upper and lower limbs, equilibrium, numbness...you get the idea(A lot going on from C3-T1). Still a work in progress on that aspect of my health, but also taking steps. I hope that today's injections get me on the path to less pain and avoid disk replacement! Will be doing some other treatments I haven't tried before as well in a few weeks. Yep, it's to that point something has to change.

Once I get these processes ingrained more and don't have to think as much, I can start working on sequence and providing more speed. I'm so stiff in the move right now with the focus and look forward to when I can relax and deliver the full process.

Right now he is not concerned on flight, distance, or where the ball is going. This will come down the road.

The challenge with the game on the line...do everything right.:oops:

View attachment swing_analysis_6.mp4

A little surprise he brought up was to look at the ball speed on this last shot. It was higher than my full get that club wrapped around and in front of my head swings in the beginning. Can't wait to see what comes.

Then he showed me the numbers on my turn, etc...identical and yet so different with the club/head. 55 seconds into this clip... Craziness!

Also, the only club I've swung this entire process is the 7I. Scared, excited, worried...haha what will happen when I bring the other ends of the bag into play.

Last edited:
For the wrap on this lesson:

What he had to start with:
View attachment swing_analysis_before.mp4
Much less club around me and over the top of my head!

Here is where he got me to:
View attachment swing_analysis_after.mp4
A little less hitch at the top and a shorter back swing than when I first started (he still wants it shorter for now)

Looking forward too the next lesson in a few weeks when I'm not traveling again.

The journey continues...

9am evaluation appointment today. I am a little nervous. My swing always stinks during a lesson and I am assuming an evaluation will be the same. Would really like the evaluation to be based on my true golf swing not my nervous brain dead during a lesson swing.

Back