Grips.. Which are the "tackiest"??

That's great to hear fastbasser.

Posted via tapatalk.

Whoops, got to change my answer, I ment G.P. tour wrap in gen2

Sent from my DROID X2

Winn dry tac, and i've heard the pure grips are really tacky, although ive never played them

Update..... For the record,,, Grips are VERY important to me. I golf with one arm. Add to that I had surgery on my had less than 2 months ago. I found the grips I have used for the last 5 or 6 years too hard. After a round of golf my hand hurt like a biotch the next day. It hurt enough that I had to golf every other day. It sucked... I had been accustom to golfing 5 or 6 days a week with no problem.

After reviewing all the posts again, going online to the manufacture's sites and doing some online pricing, I headed out this morning to check the grips out and see what they actually felt like. As stated in an earlier post, I use/need jumbo grips. Not all the grips I wanted to check out were available locally.. This cut down my choices a tad. After stopping at 3 different stores, I decided on the Winn Dri Tac oversize grips and replaced ALL of the ones I had installed 2 weeks ago. (yeah, I paid more than I should have but I was desperate) I came home and hit the course and played 6 holes. I can tell you all it was a great investment! The grip was fine and most of all, they absorbed most of the shock that was beating up my hand. No pain at all when making contact!!!

I am not sure how long these grips last. I might try the "lights" next time.. In any case, I am ready for our match tomorrow. The "comfort" difference was amazing!!

Thanks guys!!:drinks:
Good to hear!

I just got the Dry Tacs. Hopeful to play first round with them today or tomorrow. Only knock I've heard on them is since they are soft they tend to require replacing sooner. I don't think I'll mind. Love the feel.

I've played the Pure Pro's, very tacky. I've played the New Decade Multi Compound, pretty tacky. I used GP Tour Velvets for most of last season, really tacky. But none of them felt very good to me, especially in the heat. I felt like the grip was melting into my hand, I didn't like it.

I am transitioning to the Winn DriTac Wraps. I am liking those a lot.

I prefer NDMCs. Best tackiness and feel for me. Love them.

I use Golfpride NDMC's. I also used Golfpride tour velvet's and they are fine too, however velvets you need to replace more often.

These appear to be very soft. I am assuming they won't last long. They are comfortable as heck though....

I switched the the Iomic Diarrow this year and really like them. They are tacky, but not as much as the G2 from Golf Pride.

Winn Dri-Tac by a land slide.

My Gripmaster Stitchbacks are extremely tacky. Kinda pricey but they look great and preform well in all weather conditions.

I was really down on my VDRs but I got a hold of them again with really hot water and they perked up. I dont think I will go back with them though next time I regrip. Hard to beat the old faithful tour velvet.

My PURE Old School Wraps are very tacky, when dry. Them + Hirzl = Awesomeness.

Update..... For the record,,, Grips are VERY important to me. I golf with one arm. Add to that I had surgery on my had less than 2 months ago. I found the grips I have used for the last 5 or 6 years too hard. After a round of golf my hand hurt like a biotch the next day. It hurt enough that I had to golf every other day. It sucked... I had been accustom to golfing 5 or 6 days a week with no problem.

After reviewing all the posts again, going online to the manufacture's sites and doing some online pricing, I headed out this morning to check the grips out and see what they actually felt like. As stated in an earlier post, I use/need jumbo grips. Not all the grips I wanted to check out were available locally.. This cut down my choices a tad. After stopping at 3 different stores, I decided on the Winn Dri Tac oversize grips and replaced ALL of the ones I had installed 2 weeks ago. (yeah, I paid more than I should have but I was desperate) I came home and hit the course and played 6 holes. I can tell you all it was a great investment! The grip was fine and most of all, they absorbed most of the shock that was beating up my hand. No pain at all when making contact!!!

I am not sure how long these grips last. I might try the "lights" next time.. In any case, I am ready for our match tomorrow. The "comfort" difference was amazing!!

Thanks guys!!:drinks:

Good call fastbasser! I went to them this year - without a doubt the best grips I have ever played with - and my tendonitis hasn't flared nearly as much since I went to them. Hell, if they don't last as long as some others and I have to replace them, even yearly, well worth it IMO..

i have the Winn DSI V-17 grips soft grips that are great.... they suck in the rain and kind of wear out fast..... but my favorite grip

In my experience, the tackiest grips I've ever used, are the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound. The tackiness at times felt like super super fine grit sand paper, and it lasted for a while.
They are pretty tacky. Plus they help a glove wear out faster. I have since switched to lamkin 3gens and am totally happen I did.

These are pretty tacky:

loudmouth-golf-grip-2.jpg

MrP_LoudMouth_grips.jpg
154906_10152329375775322_1215166179_n.jpg

Is it terrible that I like some of those Smalls?

Back