Hello from Spokane

Hit some balls at painted hills today....it was awesome. If u were there I was in a red wsu jacket and black shorts. Thinking I will be there again tomorrow.....

Didn't realize they were open. I spent about 3 hours today hacking around the park with my lob wedge.

Shorts??? I still haven't gotten out of 3 layers yet.

Yeah, I had just come from the gym and figured I would just go straight there. Careful if you come down bowdish to the course, water is flowing over the road, and the par 3 course is basically underwater. But there were guys out playing the regular course. There were probably 20 or so guys at the range. After church I plan on going and hitting a bucket and then do some chipping.

Yeah, I had just come from the gym and figured I would just go straight there. Careful if you come down bowdish to the course, water is flowing over the road, and the par 3 course is basically underwater. But there were guys out playing the regular course. There were probably 20 or so guys at the range. After church I plan on going and hitting a bucket and then do some chipping.

Great information to know. I thought about going out to hit a bucket today but after the problems I was having yesterday and how tired I was after hitting so many balls yesterday I decided to postpone going out there until Wed. I did go out to the park and hit some more and think I got a few things straightened out from yesterday. Really looking forward to hitting my new clubs. If I am hitting any good Wed I might break down and play 9 or 18, we'll see.

Have you tried the indoor virtual golf down on sprague, well technically it's appleway, if you hit sprague and head east past barker it's right there on the left. I went with a few friends on Friday night and it was pretty cool. Only problem is that it only figures carry distance, so my drives were only reading at 250-260, but I count on that extra 20 yards of runout. Overall it's not bad though. 30 per hour, so if you have 4 guys it works out to be about the same as a round if golf.

Spokane rocks. Zips, Bruchi's, Hoopfest, and low green fee's. Hangman is still one of my favorite courses.

Have you tried the indoor virtual golf down on sprague, well technically it's appleway, if you hit sprague and head east past barker it's right there on the left. I went with a few friends on Friday night and it was pretty cool. Only problem is that it only figures carry distance, so my drives were only reading at 250-260, but I count on that extra 20 yards of runout. Overall it's not bad though. 30 per hour, so if you have 4 guys it works out to be about the same as a round if golf.

I play there every tuesday night on a league with my wife.
It's not too bad...not real golf....but better than nothing.

Didn't know about that. I might have to check it out but if the weather holds I may not have to. Thanks for the info. :smile:

Spokane rocks. Zips, Bruchi's, Hoopfest, and low green fee's. Hangman is still one of my favorite courses.

Don't forget affordable housing. :D

Went to Painted Hills today. :smile:

Hit a large bucket of balls and was pretty happy until I tried to hit my 3W, moved up to the D and wasn't too unhappy. Went to the putting green next and was fairly happy, liking the SeeMore FGP I picked up. Decided to play 9 as I didn't have time to play 18 (had to get some things shipped today, ouch no more selling iron sets going to pull shafts and sell the shafts and iron heads separately from now on).

1st hole, tee box is either a temporary or a tee I haven't played from before. Creek running between the tee box and the fairway about 15-20yds from the tee box. 1st swing, into the creek (is topping it when you hit the ball with the bottom of your club?). 2nd swing, into the creek (at least a little further than the 1st). 3rd swing (did I mention the mound on the other side of the creek?), barely made it over the mound and didn't quite make it to the fairway. Finally get my ball past the hole, didn't finish out because I felt bad for the guy I was playing with (really nice guy and I'm happy to have been able to play with him) also started feeling like I was holding others up (ends up that we had to wait for the groups in front of us anyway). Was getting a fairly good back swing at least tempo wise (too flat though) but just rushing the down swing.

2nd hole, Par 3, same as the 1st pretty much. Also the 3rd. Did at least start making some contact on the 3rd though even if they only managed to make it about 5 feet in the air.

4th hole, another unintentional stinger from the tee. Another on the 2nd. 3rd shot, made good contact but just too much club so over the green, but just barely. Good chip, putt for bogey. Started to get the downswing slowed down and more upright on the plane.

5th hole, par 5, hit D, sliced it, but it was got up in the air and even after hitting a tree I had a good shot back to the fairway. 5I back to the FW and in good shape to go for the green. Push the approach, right distance though. Good chip, good putt, finishing putt, bogey. (Bogies are good sometimes, actually most of the time at my stage).

6th hole, another slice with the D, at least I was catching on that it was one of those days, so just off the FW. Approach, pushed it, right distance though. Pitch, set up for the push and didn't push, also a little too long. Good putt, read too much break (one of those left to right downhillers) but got the speed right, tap in for bogey.

7th and 8th, about the same as the 6th, except on the 8th, par 5, slice the drive but still in good shape just off the FW, hit a great 2nd shot laying up to almost exactly where I wanted to be, set up for the approach to push the ball and then pull it a little, just off the elevated green. Chunk the first chip, 2nd chip put me in good shape, 2 putted (oops).

9th hole, set up for the slice, sliced it more, out of bounds. Retrieve my ball, at least there weren't many on the driving range at that time, drop it in the rough. Decent lie. Pure contact with the 5I, at least on the face but still a little push. If I'd been aiming at the flag instead of the middle of the green I may know where that ball ended up. It was headed for the pond, but I think it should have cleared it a little, but the pond was frozen. So, it either hit the ice and ended up in the creek or the reeds around the creek (didn't hear any crash so don't think it made it to the parking lot), or it just buried itself somewhere.

Oh well, had a lot of fun, figured out some things to work on, and was able to keep myself from losing my temper. Great day. Golfing in January rocks :D

I should also mention that other than the SW and GW all of the other clubs were new to me. I should have brought the 54 and 58 wedges today but brought the 52 and 56 instead (would have had room for another but wanted to hit the 3H and 3I on the range). The Wilson Staff FG Tour are absolutely great irons. I couldn't be happier with them. A couple of more outings and I may have my swing back to a semblance of a golf swing that may deserve these clubs. :smile:

It was nice this afternoon! Good deal that you got out. I was going to go hit after I picked up my 5 yr old from school but had some studying to knock out so I could watch this BYU vs SDSU basketball game. I quit my job 2 weeks ago so I'm playing house dad for awhile. I worked a bunch on some wedges that I'm refinishing, and then hit my game 60 lob wedge in the back yard, trying to work on short game. My 60 is a black Adams Puglielli, brand new, and that thing is so stinking nice feeling. I really love Adams clubs.

I'm heading up to Blanchard this weekend to stay at friends condo, going to try and get onto Stoneridge GC, their condo is located off the first tee, hopefully they are open.

It was nice this afternoon! Good deal that you got out. I was going to go hit after I picked up my 5 yr old from school but had some studying to knock out so I could watch this BYU vs SDSU basketball game. I quit my job 2 weeks ago so I'm playing house dad for awhile. I worked a bunch on some wedges that I'm refinishing, and then hit my game 60 lob wedge in the back yard, trying to work on short game. My 60 is a black Adams Puglielli, brand new, and that thing is so stinking nice feeling. I really love Adams clubs.

I'm heading up to Blanchard this weekend to stay at friends condo, going to try and get onto Stoneridge GC, their condo is located off the first tee, hopefully they are open.

Hope you had a chance to get out this weekend. The Puglielli wedges are really nice, haven't tried any of the newer ones but my dad has some of the first Adams ones they put out.

I don't know whether to say congratulations on getting out of the job, I know you had mentioned that you didn't like dealing with some of your co-workers. Something better will come along and it would be nice to have a little home time.

Best wishes,
Chris

Thanks for the kind words chris... You hitting the golf show next weekend? I'm pretty excited. I played 9 a the Fairways yesterday....was a little windy and chilly, but I birdied 4, par'd 5 and 7. Not too shabby for my first outing.

Thanks for the kind words chris... You hitting the golf show next weekend? I'm pretty excited. I played 9 a the Fairways yesterday....was a little windy and chilly, but I birdied 4, par'd 5 and 7. Not too shabby for my first outing.

I'm not sure if I'm hitting the golf show this weekend. I have to fix the woman's car (hopefully it doesn't take too much longer) and hopefully I'll get a chance to play golf. There are some things I'm interested in at the show so maybe I'll go Sunday afternoon (at least be there to have a chance at the prize package if I go).

Good shooting. Pars are great this time of year and birdies are even better.

Welcome to THP! This place is great!

Back