Hey Dude and a golf shoe had a baby

I love my Hey Dudes. I have 4 pair. But I can’t see these replacing my Alphacats.

I almost walked out with them today.
0824E78E-142D-498F-8A83-D176F115F7F9.jpeg63736D99-F766-4F62-B757-83783262DED5.jpegA9E9C130-2E75-4F6A-A7F3-4B86F60EBF39.jpeg9BAE8D6B-3CF9-44D8-B302-D47CE93209BA.jpeg

I know people that wear Hey Dude's religiously and even some that golf in sandals. I could see these being super popular among the group that doesn't take golf to seriously.

Or...is so good they can literally golf in anything.

The gateway drug to golf sandals.

I kinda like them. But for casual wear. That lacing system would get loose quick on the golf course.

I know people that wear Hey Dude's religiously and even some that golf in sandals. I could see these being super popular among the group that doesn't take golf to seriously.

Or...is so good they can literally golf in anything.

I definitely fall into one of those categories. You can decide which one.

Last edited:
At that price I'm a pass, but at the right price I could see adding one of these as a straight from the office to the course option

Give up all stability in a shoe to have something that looks like my grandmother knitted something on my feet.

I would absolutely wear these, I don’t need more golf shoes but these would be perfect for dry summer golf.

Undecided.
Maybe if I were playing par 3’s at the beach, drinking all day, and not giving much of a **** about anything.

I kinda like them. But for casual wear. That lacing system would get loose quick on the golf course.

Agreed. I really like them but the more I think about it I know there would be such few occasions I would actually wear them. Courses here in Eastern PA tend to be hilly and have elevation changes, these just don't looks stable enough. I also like to walk a lot when I play. I find Hey Dudes comfortable to walk in small doses but I'm mostly sliding them on to go to a BBQ or somewhere I am going to stay in one spot and mostly relax. I wouldn't wear them for intense walking. Also when I play on the weekends its typically in the morning when there is still dew and the course is wet. These would get pretty dirty quick in those conditions. I can count on one hand how many times I would play a relatively flat course, riding, in dry conditions in one season so for that reason they aren't all that practical to me.

Loggerhead Golf had their annual Monday after the Masters sale this afternoon. These were 50% off! For that I’ll try them.🤷‍♂️
E9B81B66-39D6-4418-A86C-7F4E31A58EE6.jpeg

Loggerhead Golf had their annual Monday after the Masters sale this afternoon. These were 50% off! For that I’ll try them.🤷‍♂️
View attachment 9170538
I ended up with the same pair. I wore them out on the course yesterday and found them to be very comfortable and had enough support for a guy that does not have active feet or a violent swing. I doubt they would be great for walking a round and certainly wouldn't be for wet days or dewy mornings but I'm a fan, second pair incoming.

I ended up with the same pair. I wore them out on the course yesterday and found them to be very comfortable and had enough support for a guy that does not have active feet or a violent swing. I doubt they would be great for walking a round and certainly wouldn't be for wet days or dewy mornings but I'm a fan, second pair incoming.

I bought them mainly to wear on the Par 3 course. I was hoping to try them out today, but it looks like we might get rained out.

Missed the original thread but I'm with @ddec here. I think for the range or some chipping sure, but idk that I'd want them for a full 18 holes

Wore these today at the driving range. Initial thoughts, 1- they’re just a touch heavier than Hey Dudes. Nothing drastic, but the cleats in the bottom increases the weight. 2- the soles are more rigid than Hey Dudes. Feels more like a Van’s slip on actually. Very comfortable and good air circulation. I didn’t wear any socks and didn’t have any problems with perspiration. I hit a large bucket, then a small bucket with no problems or issues. From 3/4 wedge shots to full driver swings, they performed well. No slippage. The back heel is a formed leather piece that adds some rigidity. Next test will be on the Par 3 course. But, so far, I’m very pleased.

I have a pair of Skechers that are similar to Hey Dudes. They work really well for chipping around the yard. Would probably work well for tempo work too. I could see getting too quick and busting your ass if you wore them for full swings

:unsure: Is this true?

They look handy for slipping on and doing lots of things...like wearing to the rink, going for a beer, checking the mail, cutting the grass. Well maybe not cutting the grass with stains and all.

Back