Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many have read over the last few weeks, THP has a full schedule of close to 15 events coming in 2014. Part of those events is the 2014 THP Invitational Series sponsored by Bridgestone Golf. It consists of 4 events plus the THP Bridgestone Championship. To read about the entire 2014 THP Events Calendar, click here.

Today we are excited to kick off the THP Invitational Series Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf with the 1st event being held in the beautiful Hilton Head, SC area.

BStoneShieldLogo13-Th.png

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your 2014 Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club. You can do so by clicking here.

Cost
The cost for the event is $129.
This includes:
*Greens Fees
*Cart Fees
*Range Balls
*THP Swag + Surprises
*Prizes

When & Where
March 15th
Hilton Head Island, SC - Palmetto Dunes Golf Club - Hills Course

The Arthur Hills Course offers a careful blend of beauty and challenge. Built on a series of rolling dunes at Palmetto Dunes golf resort, the Arthur Hills Course presents many opportunities for off-balance lies. Stands of palm trees and palmettos line the graceful fairway. Ocean breezes add to the challenge. The importance of precision play is amplified by 10 holes on the water.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.
Tee Times begin at 10:30am
Initially open for 32 golfers
If more sign up, there will be a waiting list created.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Prizes
Bridgestone Golf being the sponsor has graciously provided us with fantastic prizes. The winning team will each receive equipment, however because the item in question is not released as of yet, we cannot provide the details. But rest assured, the prizes will be announced prior to the event taking place.

Winning teams will also receive 2014 THP Invitational Trophies as well as a spot in the THP Events Hall of Fame.

Dinner
Dinner on Saturday Night will be at Big Jims restaurant
http://www.palmettodunes.com/big-jims.php

We have reserved a large majority of the outside deck to accomodate our large group.

Dinner will start at 7pm

The cost will be $25 per person and it includes:

-Choice of beverage to include one: draft beer, wine, or cocktail.....or unlimited sodas
-Choice of soup or house salad
-Choice of platter: Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken, Beef Brisket, Brisket/Pork or Chicken combo platter, Grilled Grouper (all will include 2 sides)

-$25 per person includes: appetizer, meal, beverage, tax, & tip

Lodging
While this is not a stay and play event, we know that many THPers will be traveling in and will look for a place to stay. THP has set up a hotel for you at a discounted rate for those that would like to take advantage of it. It is less than 4 miles from the golf course as well as close to the airport. The rooms are being held for those that want to take advantage of the discounted rate until 2/21, at that time it will be based on availability only.

Hampton Inn Hilton Head
Cost $109 per night ($119.90 after tax)
To reserve a room at this reduced rate you will need to call the hotel at 843-681-7900 and let them know you are part of The Hackers Paradise Invitational group.

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots, therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. Signup will take place Friday, January 10th at 1pm EST. At that time we will post instructions in this thread on how signup will take place. At the time of signup, a $50 non-refundable deposit will be do to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the event.

The Teams
Tadashi & GolfinFF
Jhstew1 & T0AD

rammerjammer21 & wluker17
arydolphin & Greg Kulbick

JaxGolfer1 & ir13
bogeybrain & Just_Hacking

Mikedean441 & Jeff Spicoli
Penglynns & threeboysdad

flog2424 & phenom4hire
Dawgdaddy & mrvandelay

Trout Bum & TNTCigarGuy
ATLGolfer & Knightlightpro

Sox Fan & Deuce
cpljohnst & Michigan Slice

smithfaced & Bullitt5339
v.man & Erky

afwcardinal & milehighgolfer
troyefl & O'Carroll

Miller Time & atkjoh
mmaynard11 & robman7

Format
Front 9 - Combined Scores - You and your partner combine your two scores together for each hole. Total at 9 holes.
Back 9 - Shamble Combined - You and your partner both tee off. Choose the best tee shot between the two of you and play the rest of the hole out with your own ball from that best tee shot. Then combine the two scores from there.

18 hole combined score to be turned in after your round.

Last edited:
hero.Hills.jpg

man that course looks sweet. Have a feeling this one will fill up fast

Good luck to all that get in. I wont be able to sign up for this one & that's a shame because the course and ammenities look great. THP & Bridgestone bringing it as always.

Have yet to play any golf in Hilton Head. Cannot think of a better way than w/ THP and the first Invitational of the season.

Friday afternoon will be busy around here, great looking course!

Must.... Go..... Sounds incredible, and a needed break from winter!

Okay. Time blocked on the calendar for this Friday at 1 pm. This is a must get in. THP/Bridgestone Invitational Series kick-off at such an awesome venue cannot be missed.

Just a side note (not patting myself on the back).

If you go to the Hampton site to book a room, the non prepay rate for a room is $159

$50 OFF PER NIGHT WITH THE THP RATE!

If you go to the Hampton site to book a room, the non prepay rate for a room is $159

Nice work 441!

Well ill pat you on the back for that..good stuff

And to further pat you on the back, the course rate is not too shabby either.

So pumped to get the season going, this course is absolutely stellar!

Awesome. Can't wait. I'll probably be staying at my sister's house outside of Savannah. I've gotta get practicing.

And to further pat you on the back, the course rate is not too shabby either.

Oh no doubt, I know Ive paid more for a round there

Looks absolutely beautiful. Darn school will prevent me from going to this.

Yes! This is a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. I must be there.

You guys are gonna have a blast at this one. Never a bad thing to say about Hilton Head. I will be flying in to Fort Meyers for a week on the 15th so it's a no go for me. I'll be following along though!

Mike I have a feling that you've outdone yourself at all these events regarding golf and lodging for those that need it,thanks for all your hard work dude.

Sure hope to get into this one. It has been a very long time since I have played HHI and the course was not near as nice as Palmetto Dunes. Thanks for putting together yet another awesome event.

Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

This looks to be a great event. I have played this course numerous times and it is alot of fun. They aren't lying when they say precision is a must on this one

KG

Just Tapping Away

Last edited:
Mike I have a feling that you've outdone yourself at all these events regarding golf and lodging for those that need it,thanks for all your hard work dude.

No problem man, Palmetto Dunes has wanted to host a THP event for quite some time, so this was a perfect fit for us. The Hampton Inn was just awesome to work with and I think really grasped what we were trying to accomplish for the weekend. Thats as low of a price as you will find ANYWHERE on that island

Very excited to see this. Looks like a great event and such a wonderful location.
Would love to participate in this.

Flight to Charleston from JFK for $150.

Back