Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Finally trying to take some time to get this done. My day started early on Thursday as I went to pick up afwcardinal as we had a 7:40am flight to Atlanta. We get to the terminal to find out we were delayed until 9am. Not a way to start our journey but we dealt with it. After arriving in Atlanta we spent the next two hours riding trains, picking up our bags and renting a car. Note to self, stay away from Atlanta airport!!! When we finally got on the road we had a nice drive into Hilton Head. Got all checked in and met up with DAWGDADDY, V-man and milehighgolfer for dinner. Friday morning afwcardinal and I met up with Milehighgolfer and MichiganSlice to play the Hills course. There was a frost delay that morning for I think 2 hours. After the front nine CJ’s wife met us and rode around with us taking pictures and enjoying in the fun we were having. When we completed our round we rushed to our cars and headed over to the RTJ course and meet up with four more THPer’s to play another 18 holes. After we completed our round we headed back to the hotel to change and then went out and meet everyone for dinner. It is so fun to walk into a place that is full of THPer’s just talking and having a great time.
Saturday morning came and it was time to prepare for the round to come. I fully had my sights set on winning but I was off my game a little and I did not help my partner Penglynns out very much. We were paired up with Jeff Spicoli who can hit the ball a mile with his irons and the world famous 441. I had a blast watching JB poking fun at Mike all day with his game. We battled through the day and at times thinking we were in it but just could not put a solid game in. All in all it was still a good round and good time.
We did not have time to stay and play on Sunday so we headed out early as we did not know what to expect at the airport. Made it there on fumes and once we pulled into the lot and park it we both could breathe again as we were not sure we timed it out correctly on fuel. We made our way back home safely with no flight problems.
It is such a great time playing with anyone and everyone that makes up this great place. So if you are sitting on the fence and not sure if you want to make an appearance at a THP event, dive in, you will have so much fun! I really love this place!
Thanks first to Morgan and Josh for the vision and to MikeDean for helping put this this event together and to all the others who make this place work. Also huge thanks to Bridgestone golf for being a part of THP.

Just found out this morning that my mother in law booked our family vacation for this year at Palmetto Dunes. She is renting a house on RTJ right off green on #13. Going to be an added special bonus going back as this was my first official THP event! Fond memories and looking forward to getting another crack at these courses. #Redemption

Will your mother in law adopt me I want to play these courses again

Back