Hole of The Day: Video Edition

After playing an average round yesterday, decided to go back out and play the front nine again to see if I could get the B Asha/Amp combo a little more work. Good practice for next years HOTD options and the camera stand I made out of my old driver worked like a champ! However, me remembering to hit the right buttons on the camera at the right time, not so much....but it worked out in the end.

HOTD videos are a lot more boring when doing them by yourself.

Make sure you check out the end of hole 9, will post that one in another thread as well.

Without further ado, here is yesterdays Round Of The Day video's (way too much work!) Ended up with a great 9 (38)!:

Green Valley Ranch in Colorado:

Hole 1:
Spoiler

Hole 2:
Spoiler

Hole 3:
Spoiler

Hole 4:
Spoiler
[video=youtube_share;-4Dqwi5xxFw]http://youtu.be/-4Dqwi5xxFw[/video]

Hole 5:
Spoiler

Hole 6:
Spoiler

Hole 7: Make room between me and the single behind me to film 8 and 9...par

Hole 8:
Spoiler

Hole 9:
Spoiler

Last edited:
Wow, J4U...I gotta give you props man.

You do a great job of keeping that ball in the short grass, and the ease with which you approach the short game is incredible. You just step up and knock it close, then make the putt. I've seen a lot of guys with bigger swings that don't score half as well as you, myself included. Major kudos.

Wow J4U...was that even par on that 9?! Nice! Nice ending to the 9 like you said! That's what it's all about!

Nice videos J4U! We still need to get together and play, but not for money. I think you would rob me blind playing like that.

After playing an average round yesterday, decided to go back out and play the front nine again to see if I could get the B Asha/Amp combo a little more work. Good practice for next years HOTD options and the camera stand I made out of my old driver worked like a champ! However, me remembering to hit the right buttons on the camera at the right time, not so much....but it worked out in the end.

HOTD videos are a lot more boring when doing them by yourself.

Make sure you check out the end of hole 9, will post that one in another thread as well.

Without further ado, here is yesterdays Round Of The Day video's (way too much work!) Ended up with a great 9 (38)!:

Green Valley Ranch in Colorado:
Well done J...that was one heck of a 9. Weather looked really nice also. :D

Wow, J4U...I gotta give you props man.

You do a great job of keeping that ball in the short grass, and the ease with which you approach the short game is incredible. You just step up and knock it close, then make the putt. I've seen a lot of guys with bigger swings that don't score half as well as you, myself included. Major kudos.
Thank you, have been working a lot this fall and finally starting to see it. My back swing has been shortened and have been trying to get my lower body a bit quieter, but still saw thing from the video's(getting better thought). Once I get comfortable with the recent changes, will hopefully be able to open up the swing a bit more, but happy with the results for now, just looks all tense too me.

One thing I have learned this fall, I can't step up to the short game and start thinking. I get the distance, see where I would like to TRY and put it and go. Really appreciate your comments, made me feel like what I've been doing has helped...thanks.

Wow J4U...was that even par on that 9?! Nice! Nice ending to the 9 like you said! That's what it's all about!
Can you believe that Nate, far from IOWA eh? Yep, was rushed to get the video of the deer...look at me, saying rushed to get a par instead of birdie. Thanks man.

Nice videos J4U! We still need to get together and play, but not for money. I think you would rob me blind playing like that.
Trust me, these last few days have not been normal! Wouldn't mind if the play sticks around though! Would enjoy the opportunity to hack a round with you any day!

Quality videos J4U!! That looks like a fun course to play!
The course is really fun, and now am starting to understand what you all keep saying about "home" courses. With playing this one so much lately, it feels like my "home" course, but more importantly am starting to see the importance of actually knowing the course. Amazing how much there is to learn...thanks Dan!

Well done J...that was one heck of a 9. Weather looked really nice also. :D
Thanks, much appreciated! Yesterday I even bettered that one by two strokes...that one is still sinking in!

Now...off to play another 27! Have a great day THP!

OK, I'm trying again with another hole at our club. It was 39 degrees at the start, probably into the low forties by the time I got to this hole, north wind 5-10 mph.

Number 8 is only 334 from the blue tees but it does have some bite. A creek runs down the left side with two lakes and the creek is pretty close on the left side at the green. Bunkers guard the right side of the green and the green itself can be a problem with certain pin placements due to lots of slope and contours. The tee shot can be a little daunting and the second shot can be down right scary because there is not room to miss, it is a tough up and down from anywhere but short front.

The first camera placement was too close, gotta work on that. The hole played into the wind and I came up short to the green. That wasn't a bad miss though since long is much worse than being in the bunker.

Looks chilly, Lefty!

Good hole Lefty....been waiting for someone to get a new HOTD video up. Thanks for sharing!!

Good hole Lefty....been waiting for someone to get a new HOTD video up. Thanks for sharing!!

My goal is to get all 18 holes on video. This ole left knee and the weather are slowing me down a little.

OK, I'm trying again with another hole at our club. It was 39 degrees at the start, probably into the low forties by the time I got to this hole, north wind 5-10 mph.

Number 8 is only 334 from the blue tees but it does have some bite. A creek runs down the left side with two lakes and the creek is pretty close on the left side at the green. Bunkers guard the right side of the green and the green itself can be a problem with certain pin placements due to lots of slope and contours. The tee shot can be a little daunting and the second shot can be down right scary because there is not room to miss, it is a tough up and down from anywhere but short front.

The first camera placement was too close, gotta work on that. The hole played into the wind and I came up short to the green. That wasn't a bad miss though since long is much worse than being in the bunker.
Tee shot looks pretty tight on that hole Lefty. Pretty good bunker shot with the lip on that thing....nicely done. :D

So, I know it'll make Cookie happy....

I was out on the course in the gorgeous 46* weather and was all alone, I'd happened to bring my Flip Cam with me...hmmmmmmmm....

My FIRST hole of the day video!

Apologies for the terrible/shaky/offcenter camera work, but will not apologize for my jeans! LOL

One stroke for leaving the pin in! I'll let the jeans slide hehehe.

Solid Up and Down there Jman. Great hole.

Solid hole Jman. Good par there! Love seeing the B. Asha in action.

Hey look it's JMAN!!

Haven't really figured out how it was warmer there than here today....it was 42* with drizzle all day long!

Nice par bro!...although I'm not sure why thats the #1 handicap hole either???

Nice 3D chipping effect too...hehehe

Jeans are no big deal when it's cold outside

Very nice JMAN. The only thing I saw wrong with it was cookie would have chipped it closer. Right.
So, I know it'll make Cookie happy....

I was out on the course in the gorgeous 46* weather and was all alone, I'd happened to bring my Flip Cam with me...hmmmmmmmm....

My FIRST hole of the day video!

Apologies for the terrible/shaky/offcenter camera work, but will not apologize for my jeans! LOL

Nice Par Jman. good up and down.

One stroke for leaving the pin in! I'll let the jeans slide hehehe.
Speed golf broski, cold as heck and I got 27 in in 3:05! Hehe
Solid Up and Down there Jman. Great hole.
Solid hole Jman. Good par there! Love seeing the B. Asha in action.
Thanks fellas! The B.Asha is blissful in the 11.5 head D!
Hey look it's JMAN!!

Haven't really figured out how it was warmer there than here today....it was 42* with drizzle all day long!

Nice par bro!...although I'm not sure why thats the #1 handicap hole either???

Nice 3D chipping effect too...hehehe

Jeans are no big deal when it's cold outside

Thanks buddy, it used to be a LOT harder, the two big ass trees used to extend to the point that they would interfere with a LOT of drives unless you kept it hard down the left and in a non winter setting the left hand rough used to be thiiiiiiiiiick. Fast forward to member/owners demanding all rough be trimmed between holes and the tree getting a disease, you have an easy arse hole now. Kinda sad to think back on how it used to play.

27 in just over 3 hours? What do you do run to the ball? Haha.

Just hit it in play and in a quasi straight line! Avoiding the woods is good on my times, some days though, thats not an option!

He's like that Jamaican guy that was one the big break....hehehe

Just hit it in play and in a quasi straight line! Avoiding the woods is good on my times, some days though, thats not an option!

I should learn to golf like that so I can play quicker!

Back