Honma Beres NX Driver Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Honma Golf will always be somewhat enigmatic to North American golfers. Some of that works in the company’s favor, since their ultra-premium reputation thrives on their products being beyond the grasp of just anybody. Still, the company has put forth a concerted effort to reach out to a wider audience with offerings like the TW757 series, which THP forum members and staff writers alike enjoyed.

Continue reading

Thanks for the review. I’m not in the market for a new Driver but this Driver checks several boxes for me.

This has to be the most under thought of driver of 2023 and while I am sure price has a little bit to do with it (being on the top end of the market), its still low for a Beres release.

First thing I thought of when I saw the crown is the old Ping Rapture

1689764633364.png

That is a very good looking driver, @Hawk. The draw biased, light weight and high launching has me thinking it would be a really fun driver for me to try. Everything I look for in a driver.

Great review.

That pattern on the carbon crown is nuts! Thanks for the write-up, I knew close to nothing about Honma Beres before this.

Nice review, @Hawk. My Dad just got fit into the Ping G30. I needed as much help as possible with launch and that was the clear winner for him in every category (ball speed, launch, carry, consistency). I do wonder how this one would compare.

very interesting and interesting looking driver for sure. would be fun to swing a few times just to see what I would get out of it. the proprietary adjustment tool is unfortunate to see though.

Good looking driver, I'd probably give it a try if a shop had one I could swing.

Great write up Hawk!!!

I'll have to admit, Honma has never been an OEM I considered as an option, impossible to find in store here, pricing level higher than I would want to spend, and in the past I always thought of it as more of an "older" players option for some reason.

The NX driver though? Holds a lot of appeal. I'm a slower swinger, my miss is to the right, and I love a lighter driver shaft. This all sounds like a combination that would really benefit my driver game.

You are right though, customization would probably make it more appealing, the teal isn't my jam.... but it doesn't look terrible either. The crown looks really good, and the overall shape/design looks like a great combination.

This looks like a revamped TM SIM without the sliding weight.

Great information @Hawk !

This looks like a revamped TM SIM without the sliding weight.
Really really really different drivers
Is that just because of the blue ish color?

Really really really different drivers
Is that just because of the blue ish color?
Not because of the color, because of how the bottom is shaped where the NX is and it has that channel. The first thing I thought of was sim.

IMG_0009.jpegIMG_0008.jpeg

That is a very good looking driver, @Hawk. The draw biased, light weight and high launching has me thinking it would be a really fun driver for me to try. Everything I look for in a driver.

Great review.

I actually thought of you while testing it. It would 100% win the Beags seal of approval.

I think it's time to bring this back out.

I think it's time to bring this back out.
Yes sir. Seemed like there was a lot to like about this one and it suited you well.

Yes sir. Seemed like there was a lot to like about this one and it suited you well.
Yea it came to me at a busy driver time and I didn't get to do any longer term testing on it. I've really embraced light weight this year.

Yea it came to me at a busy driver time and I didn't get to do any longer term testing on it. I've really embraced light weight this year.
Those tend to be fun revisits.

@Hawk Have you hit this club recently (Wasn't sure if you still had it or not).
If so, any comparisons to any 2024 Drivers?

@Hawk Have you hit this club recently (Wasn't sure if you still had it or not).
If so, any comparisons to any 2024 Drivers?
I have - as recently as late last week. I think the most notable things for me are 1) it’s a very compact looking driver at address and 2) it sounds and feels much more in line with what people in North America expect these days.

Launch is high, spin isn’t about of control. Biggest complaint for me from a fitting standpoint is that I tend to lose it left more than some others.

Back