How cold is too cold

40* is my cutoff. Any lower its a no-go.

Depends on the wind but when the weather "feels like" 40* or colder I'm out.

I played in 20* this January. I would say that's close to my cutoff.

I'll play in the 40s, but won't like it much.

Kevin

I have actually shot par(my only time so far) in the winter time. It was rainy and cold, about 45 out, so I hate to say that I don't like playing in cold weather. But I certainly like hot weather lol

It depends on the wind for me. I will go out in the mid 40's with little wind.

posting from my S3 so please excuse my spelling mistakles.

Although we live in the desert, there is always a 30 degree
Difference. Between temps, in the morning it could be 60 in the day and 30 at night. the coldest we got last winter we got at -2 at that was pretty cold for us

But we've played a few rounds when it was 30-32 In the winter- so
Much fun

Tapping away; auto correct is a fiend

If I won't get frostbite i'm on the course lol. :D

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Played a few years ago when we needed hammers to get the tees in - that was toooo cold

4* celcius and little wind that's it for me. 4 rounds in mitt's and toques a year is enough

I played the other day in the 40s with some pretty good wind. This was my first cold weather golf experience. It was ok, but got old after about 9 holes. Plus it rained for the first 4 or so. So yea, I'm going with the rule of definitely not below 40, and only in the 40s if the wind isn't too bad.

Below 30. I played a round with my dad where it was 23 degrees. The ball felt like a rock and I was stiff the entire time. Not fun at all.

40 is probably my limit and only if there's no wind.

My limit goes up considerably if there's rain. I played in a member-guest that was about 45 and raining and I've never been so glad to get off a golf course in my life.

40 is usually my limit.
I would venture a guess that i have played in 30some degree weather a couple times though.

Now that I live in Texas my cutoff is 50, when I lived in WI the cutoff for me was 40......which is generally a nice spring day in WI :)

I don't know for sure what my lowest temp I would play in but earlier this year I played and it was in the high 30's to lower 40's and it took me the rest of the day/night to warm back up, it didn't seem that cold while I was playing though. It never really got too cold here last year to go play.

I've played scrambles in silly conditions (course holds them until the snow's too deep. Not until there's snow, until it's too deep) but that's not really a round of golf. Today was pretty close to as much as I can take anymore, no matter how long the winter is going to be. 5*C, and gusting winds - wind chill was supposedly 1*. Stiff, not frozen but uncomfortable, and my hands don't work all that well when it's that cold.

I'd need to check, I know I was "playing" mid-december last year and it was COLD. T-shirt, sweater, bigger sweater, and a shell over that. Long underwear a must. There is occasionally alcohol consumed during these events.

It all depends. My wife and I played Wildhorse in Gothenburg NE the other day. We teed off at 38 deg, sun and no wind. The forecast was for sunny and 55 with a light breeze. On the first hole, the sun went away and the winds picked up. We played all day in clouds (no sun), 20 mph winds, and the high temp was 40 deg. Boy were we fooled on the forcast.

My wife was not happy but we did have fun.

50/55 is the cutoff for me.

Mid 40's...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wow you guys, 50??? For me it depends on the wind. If the wind is minimal then low 30's is still very comfortable.

Back