Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of the guys at work hunt at farms in Clarksburg. There are a ton a deer up there. Little Bennett is an extremely hilly course. Only played it once but was ok for a county run course.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Kemper qualifiers use to be played at Little Bennett. Though course to walk but I like it cause it will challenge my game with the blind shot's and green's.

yeah, we have tons of turkeys on one farm. Turkey hunting is something I never got into. Seems like I always have a ton of stuff going on that time of year.

Turkey hunting is my favorite. One of these days I'm going to make it back to MO for some good hunting. Around here, hearing a single gobble is a good hunt. In MO we were hearing 10 - 20 different birds from one location. Man do I ever miss that!

Bow/doe season starts tomorrow for a few counties. I have a farm I hunt in Loudoun that its in but its still golfing time and the season does not end until the last weekend of march. My HOYT AlphaMax is sighted in for 80yards. I shoot competitive all year long on local and national level. Night night slick heads!

we have early doe season up here in PA starting in 2 weeks , just bow , cant wait

Hey Ogie, I sent you a Personal message over a week ago, please reply.
Thanks

I like a good coon hunt now and then. My brother-in-law sold Jake the coon hound so that pretty much put us out of business. You got to have a good dog to tree a coon so my hunting days are about over.

If you like coon hunting, you should find someone with a good squirrel dog and go on a hunt with them. Lots of fun to be had doing that!

Well, Labor Day was eventful at our deer lease. All of the roads are now clear and everything has been bushhogged. A few corn feeders and trail cams are also in place.
It was 52 degrees this morning... the coldest weather we've had in a long time! Bring on the squirrels and deer!

I too spent the weekend in the woods. We put up a couple tree stands (one 21'er in some fairly thick trees) and set out trail cams. No great pics yet, just a big, mean ol fisher.....

I too spent the weekend in the woods. We put up a couple tree stands (one 21'er in some fairly thick trees) and set out trail cams. No great pics yet, just a big, mean ol fisher.....

Post a pic of that fisher! That's something we don't have around here.

I need to go ahead and get my hunters ed. permit and rifle. Never been before but my in-laws are big into hunting. Looking forward to getting started because I really think I'd enjoy it.

They have trees in new york? ha

I will probably be going hunting within the next couple weeks. Hopefully get some dove and quail. We dont have a lease but I have a few buddies who do and a cousin whos grandpa has a massive ranch (10,000+ acres) with huge deer and all kinds of other animals. Turkey, dove, quail, cougars, bobcats, aoudad, ducks, and probably some more im leaving out. I shot my first buck down there about 4 years ago, its just a really really nice place.

I need to go ahead and get my hunters ed. permit and rifle. Never been before but my in-laws are big into hunting. Looking forward to getting started because I really think I'd enjoy it.

Now is the time to do it. Usually there are quite a few hunters ed. classes going on this time of year. Also, there are plenty of good rifles out there that can be had on a budget.

We have hunting here...it blows. I miss NC this time of year. Bow season started Saturday and it was 95*, no thanks. Saw some pics of my suburban deer back home a few weeks ago though, I think it's time I cull one from the herd.

Anyone have any feedback on a Crossbow? I've never shot one, all I hear is that they are noisy.Was thinking of buying one since they are legal in Md. Currently shoot a Jennings with 100 grain Muzzy's.

Now is the time to do it. Usually there are quite a few hunters ed. classes going on this time of year. Also, there are plenty of good rifles out there that can be had on a budget.

I figured this time of year would be good to get the Hunter's ed with pretty much most of arkansas being hunters lol. Should hopefully get everything done hopefully by the 1st of October so I don't have anything hanging around when I go on Vacation

Anyone have any feedback on a Crossbow? I've never shot one, all I hear is that they are noisy.Was thinking of buying one since they are legal in Md. Currently shoot a Jennings with 100 grain Muzzy's.

Any particular ones you are interested? Most crossbows are noisy compared to today's compound bows, many of which are bordering on whisper quiet. That being said, most modern crossbows are much faster and less noisy than the ones from just 8 or 10 years ago. As a matter of fact, I've been looking hard at the Wicked Ridge line and may be purchasing one soon.

I am getting the itch to get back out after some coyotes. I just started late last year, but I LOVE it. I have been deer hunting with a muzzleloader for the last 23 years, and even though I live in Central Illinois which some would call the deer Capitol of the U.S., I just don't get a rush like I do when a coyote comes charging in. I don't know what it is, but I am to the point where I would rather shoot a coyote than a big 12pt buck - I am enjoying it that much.

Any particular ones you are interested? Most crossbows are noisy compared to today's compound bows, many of which are bordering on whisper quiet. That being said, most modern crossbows are much faster and less noisy than the ones from just 8 or 10 years ago. As a matter of fact, I've been looking hard at the Wicked Ridge line and may be purchasing one soon.

I have a friend with a 10 point. He loves it, says it's pin point accurate. Curious about the accudraw compared with pulling back by hand, figure by hand less noise for a reload if the opportunity is there. Wondering about the stopping power pass 35 yards. Any input would be welcome Arkie.

I was on the the golf range this week and about 8 deer ran through. They started coming in closer to the hitting bays and they were all bucks. Giant rack on one, at least a 10 point. A nice 6, a little 4, and some spikes. I have never seen that many bucks all running together.

I am getting the itch to get back out after some coyotes. I just started late last year, but I LOVE it. I have been deer hunting with a muzzleloader for the last 23 years, and even though I live in Central Illinois which some would call the deer Capitol of the U.S., I just don't get a rush like I do when a coyote comes charging in. I don't know what it is, but I am to the point where I would rather shoot a coyote than a big 12pt buck - I am enjoying it that much.

Why not put the gun down and try a bow. Probably been 10 years since I took a deer with a gun , I like the challenge with the bow. I did buy a 44 Mag. Redhawk and may outfit it with a red dot to try for the gun season.

Oh yeah buddy. With the cool air here in New Orleans last week. It had me craving to get into the woods soon!. Good luck to all this hunting season!

I've never hunted but am planning on trying it this year. When I was a kid a buddy and I shot a humming bird with a BB gun and his mom told us we had to eat it since you never kill anything you are not planning on eating. Both my buddy and I cried because we didn't want to eat the bird....since then I have never killed anything. I WILL be eating some of the deer I get!!

Why not put the gun down and try a bow. Probably been 10 years since I took a deer with a gun , I like the challenge with the bow. I did buy a 44 Mag. Redhawk and may outfit it with a red dot to try for the gun season.

Sweet, I am bow only until february or march when its time to get some more meat. Than its smokepole time.

It is dove and teal here for right now. Big duck in October and the pheasant and goose in November. It is time to get back out in the woods and get some trigger time in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back