If a store or fitter didn't offer/deal in a couple of the top brands like Callaway and Cobra

Trust?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Hell No

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
Sure why not? But I would be sure to test out the clubs they didn't have
So you would just go to more than one place.

Last edited:
Could be any number of reasons why they didn’t carry those brands, and I don’t think it would affect my trust levels.
The reason is they choose not to.

I'm kind of here too.

With some understanding it may make some sense but if you look at only those data points it may be a bit odd.
Specifically said it's not about a small shop. 😆

Nah, given the stipulations in the OP about it not being a small shop with space and/or constraints on what they carry I would find it odd that major brands are missing.

It would make me question if there was a reason that these major brands don’t want that shop carrying their stuff. Like maybe there was some impropriety or something that made the brand pull their stuff. Thus damaging the trust, fair or not.

If that’s even a thing idk. But it’s where my mind would go.

Nah, given the stipulations in the OP about it not being a small shop with space and/or constraints on what they carry I would find it odd that major brands are missing.

It would make me question if there was a reason that these major brands don’t want that shop carrying their stuff. Like maybe there was some impropriety or something that made the brand pull their stuff. Thus damaging the trust, fair or not.

If that’s even a thing idk. But it’s where my mind would go.
That's definitely a thing.

Some places actively try to keep their brands a bit lower because it's easier to manage the relationships and you develop some expertise etc.

My pro shop actually had to set up 2 new accounts just for me personally because i buy so much stuff LOL. We didn't have a Mizuno account for example. I don't believe we have Cobra either.

If a pro shop was like one of the top TMAG accounts in the state, i could see them having 1-2 other brands but maybe not have Callaway or something. It's not crazy
Green grass accounts are very different. Most deal in the brand the Pros there are staffed under, longest account, etc. Usually one main and maybe a couple they do a little with.

The reason is they choose not to.
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

I stand by my original statement, but that would be my next question.

Honestly…. It kinda is a big deal. I gravitate towards Ping and Titleist products. I wouldn’t be happy with any fit unless those brands were included.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

I stand by my original statement, but that would be my next question.
You didn't get to know. They had their accounts pulled by the oems, they think they make crap clubs, they don't make enough profit off them, they have personal beef with them, ... just is.

Go.

You didn't get to know. They had their accounts pulled by the oems, they think they make crap clubs, they don't make enough profit off them, they have personal beef with them, ... just is.

Go.
As any other private business, they are entitled to make decisions in the best interest of what works for them, and the feedback they've gotten from their customer base. As a consumer, I can vote with my patronage.....and my wallet.

As any other private business, they are entitled to make decisions in the best interest of what works for them, and the feedback they've gotten from their customer base. As a consumer, I can vote with my patronage.....and my wallet.
So what's your vote!? 😆

I'll

So what's your vote!? 😆
If I walked in somewhere and didn't see a major brand, it wouldn't give me pause to walk out and not consider spending my money there. For instance - my swing coach is a fitter for a few brands, but he doesn't have relationships with every major OEM. If we're operating under the assumption/discussion that no one is making a "bad" club these days, you'll probably find a pretty decent fit for your game from whatever OEM offerings they do carry. Am I more loyal to certain brands? Yes, for a variety of reasons. Will I live and die by that loyalty and only buy from them? Nope.

In my prior response, I didn't answer the actual question. I voted no, assuming that I want a truly agnostic fitting. Without Callaway or Cobra, or other similarly situated OEMS, I generally wouldn't trust them the same as one who had them. That's not a them thing. It's me thing wondering if I would get the best fitting possible. If I have a pre-existing relationship with the fitter, I think the answer changes to some degree. I think he could assuage most of my curiosity about the other OEMS but there wouls still be a seed of doubt, rationale and reasonable or not.

Thinking about this further I'm more concerned with a wide variety of shafts than I am with heads. I want to be able to test more shafts than what is on whatever OEM's fit cart since a lot of them are fairly anemic, especially with graphite which is the only thing I'll play.

I voted Yes. It wouldn't affect my trust, but I wouldn't shop there if they didn't sell the brands I prefer, so it's a moot point.

If we were specifically talking about a fitting situation, I'd change my vote to no. I'm not spending my money on a fitting that doesn't have brands I'd be interested in trying, I don't care what their reasoning is for not carrying them.

I don't know.

I voted Yes. It wouldn't affect my trust, but I wouldn't shop there if they didn't sell the brands I prefer, so it's a moot point.

If we were specifically talking about a fitting situation, I'd change my vote to no. I'm not spending my money on a fitting that doesn't have brands I'd be interested in trying, I don't care what their reasoning is for not carrying them.
So the general response seems to be that it's fine as long as it isn't one of the brand I like or want.

So the general response seems to be that it's fine as long as it isn't one of the brand I like or want.
Kinda makes sense though, right?

Kinda makes sense though, right?
I mean if you don't ever want to explore beyond your brand or gain experience with others, yeah.

I would trust that not options would be considered for a fitting but not sure trust comes into the equation. If I knew there was a particular OEM I wanted to try that wasn’t carried I’d go elsewhere

Back