Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

Closing the new house on April 11th so i will be moving in and will be needing an escape lol if there is room I will try and squeeze in a round on Friday with whoever is playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So @jb8396 and I will be playing Greyhawk Raptor at 12:48 on the 18th, and TPC Scottsdale Stadium at 12:20 on the 19th. We will be lodging at the luxurious Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas on the night of the 18th.

We figured if we are going to do this, lets make it a trip for the ages. This will, however, cut into my steakhouse money @Wildcat.
I’ll be sure to swing by for drinks and lies on the 18th!

You guys playing greyhawk both the 18th and 19th? @jb8396 are planning on playing greyhawk and TPC Stadium on those two days. But we arrive the morning of the 18th. So maybe we can join your group if it works?
Just on the 18th. First round is 7:30 and second round is 12:36. First round is Browndog and I, second round is just me.

So @jb8396 and I will be playing Greyhawk Raptor at 12:48 on the 18th, and TPC Scottsdale Stadium at 12:20 on the 19th. We will be lodging at the luxurious Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas on the night of the 18th.

We figured if we are going to do this, lets make it a trip for the ages. This will, however, cut into my steakhouse money @Wildcat.
Hmmmm. Maybe I should change my times at GH. I was playing Raptor first, but I'm sure if I called I could switch and play Talon in the morning and join you guys in the afternoon

I’m hoping to take that Friday off and play some peasant golf. But I wouldn’t be booking until 14 days out.

Hmmmm. Maybe I should change my times at GH. I was playing Raptor first, but I'm sure if I called I could switch and play Talon in the morning and join you guys in the afternoon
That would be great, but its totally up to you. We should have enough time to make the GH round, but we are flying in that day so it may be close.

I’m hoping to take that Friday off and play some peasant golf. But I wouldn’t be booking until 14 days out.
Arcis? 2 or more tee times back to back?

Arcis? 2 or more tee times back to back?
that is what i'm thinking. darn shame we can only book Greyhawk for twilight with 3 day notice.

that is what i'm thinking. darn shame we can only book Greyhawk for twilight with 3 day notice.
The good thing is we still pay over $200 for the privilege. :ROFLMAO:

Y‘all should join @Junkyard and me if you can.

I don't know about their personal budgets, so I will let them chime in, but I know @Jank @Nate & myself are up for a Friday round.

I'm down for anywhere Friday, but we'll have 5 TX guys we'll have to account for in total.
Hummm, isn’t this the reason why we’re getting in early on Friday! Ha!!

Return trip to Quintero anyone??!!

I'm pretty much down for anywhere. Saguaro is the only course I've played in PHX, so anything will be new to me.

I'm pretty much down for anywhere. Saguaro is the only course I've played in PHX, so anything will be new to me.
Be careful. That’s what I said to @jb8396 and look what happened.

Let me know if there's an open spot. I'd love to play on Friday, but I'm in the low(er) budget category.

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Saguaro Hole 17 Purple Tees 372 yds

The next to last hole and probably your last chance to make birdie. This tee shot is downhill to a pretty generous fairway. You can get it close to the green with a solid drive. The tee boxes are pretty much lined up on the left side of the fairway so keep that in mind when picking your target. There is a bit of a valley as you go further down the fairway and back up to a slightly elevated green, it is all grass but just something to keep in mind as you could get a nice kick on your drive and go closer to the green. It does look like an infinity green off the back from your approach shot into the hole so keep your distances in mind. It is not horrible going just long but real estate runs out quickly. Going left of the green also isn't ideal. The green has it's normal humps and bumps and you see the 18th tee boxes ready for your last test. It is a very gettable hole and if you are trailing you better take advantage of it as 18 is a hole that you need to hold on as there will be some numbers put up there.

1711119398961.png

1711119487395.png

1711119180367.png

Saguaro Hole 18 Purple Tees 490 yds

The final hole is no pushover, it is a brute. A long par 4 that a leader may need to hold on to save their victory. Even from the white tees the card states 470 yds so it is a mighty test no matter which tee box. Overall it is a pretty flat hole but there are some small uphill and downhill portions to it. So if you have such a long hole as the final hole the designer must be nice to you and give you a generous landing zone right? Well, it is generous but the look of it does not make it seem so. Off the tee the bunkers to the left of the fairway means a layup. If you overcorrect and go right the desert looms pretty quickly and you may not find your ball. On top of that once you go longer than 220 or so yards you can't see the fairway from the tee box. You may see a bounce but you are not quite sure if you stayed in the fairway. Devious. The approach tells you to avoid the right side as all you see is a bunch of sand and desert. There is a little bail out left of the green but it is below the green. There is a false front to this green and balls will roll off the front. It is a brutal finishing hole as there will be no coasting to a victory on it. Look around and take in the mountain views as you have just finished 18 on saguaro. There is a snack shack right behind the green if you need something to calm your nerves.

1711302085928.png

1711302416659.png

1711302185727.png

I’ll let them keep that ball…

IMG_0440.png

You better believe I will be sitting in these chairs @oumagic

You better believe I will be sitting in these chairs @oumagic

I am really looking forward to seeing you and others again. I am glad you have scoped out the sturdier chairs with your past issues with furniture.

I am really looking forward to seeing you and others again. I am glad you have scoped out the sturdier chairs with your past issues with furniture.
I have matured a lot since last time you seen me.

Back