Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

Dang, PHX has the most food and drink options of any airport I've ever been in!
It is a pretty good airport. Fairly easy to get in and out of too.

It is a pretty good airport. Fairly easy to get in and out of too.
It was definitely the hottest landing of any flight. They had the reverse thrusters on for half the length of the runway and still had to hammer the wheel brakes too.

It was kinda fun actually :cool:

Was running a little behind this morning.

Finished building a set of three wedges for a friend before I left the house. Glued the heads yesterday. Took a little longer than I had planned to cut to length, install pro soft inserts, put grips on and then turn all of the ferrules. Final wipe down with Putter Butter and they are looking good.

Wife cut my hair. I trimmed my beard. Shaved, showered, packed the truck.

Skipped my Stack System workout.

Dropped the clubs off, grabbed some McDonald’s drive thru.

At the gate now at the Savannah/Hilton Head airport. Golf clubs checked in. Flight to Dallas delayed slightly.

Relaxing right now before the long travel day ahead.

I feel like I’m part of the travel team to Jankfest. I’ve been sitting at Miami International since 10am or so. Flight isn’t for another couple hours.

Dang, PHX has the most food and drink options of any airport I've ever been in!
Yes they do. most are local favorites that are hard to get into "on the outside".

Yes they do. most are local favorites that are hard to get into "on the outside".
Good thing I have a late late flight Sunday night then is what you're saying?

Was running a little behind this morning.

Finished building a set of three wedges for a friend before I left the house. Glued the heads yesterday. Took a little longer than I had planned to cut to length, install pro soft inserts, put grips on and then turn all of the ferrules. Final wipe down with Putter Butter and they are looking good.

Wife cut my hair. I trimmed my beard. Shaved, showered, packed the truck.

Skipped my Stack System workout.

Dropped the clubs off, grabbed some McDonald’s drive thru.

At the gate now at the Savannah/Hilton Head airport. Golf clubs checked in. Flight to Dallas delayed slightly.

Relaxing right now before the long travel day ahead.
You'll get here whenever the pilot darn well pleases. Safe travels!

So......

When does it start to actually get hot here? 😆

So......

When does it start to actually get hot here? 😆
I guess it depends on what you call "hot", but to me it's late May/early June.

@Wildcat - did you find out if it was a yes or no on pants at the group dinner? If I don't need 'em, I'm not packin 'em.

I guess I should figure out what I am packing.

@Wildcat - did you find out if it was a yes or no on pants at the group dinner? If I don't need 'em, I'm not packin 'em.
Per Jenna

The dress code is resort casual, so golf shorts and jeans are also good. We just ask for no hats and closed toed shoes for men. Thank you for checking!

Per Jenna

The dress code is resort casual, so golf shorts and jeans are also good. We just ask for no hats and closed toed shoes for men. Thank you for checking!
fancy GIF

Per Jenna

Sometimes this can not be said enough!!!

Sometimes this can not be said enough!!!
Noted. I'll leave my Jesus sandals at home. Or save them exclusively for wear within the hotel room.

Will the resort make a special exception if I wear these to dinner? Won them at a scramble last week. Was either these or a headcover. Easy choice.

IMG_4356.jpeg

I guess it depends on what you call "hot", but to me it's late May/early June.
I guess I'm thinking of walking tempature.

Junkyard update through 9 at Southern Dunes - 2 pars, 5 bogeys and 2 doubles.

Putting has been the challenge thus far. Speed, not break

Junkyard update through 9 at Southern Dunes - 2 pars, 5 bogeys and 2 doubles.

Putting has been the challenge thus far. Speed, not break
Will look forward to further comments about Southern Dunes. One of my favorite courses in the area.

Funny, I was thinking along the same lines but on whether I was going to actually go out and hit a golf ball before getting on the flight.

Think I'll "wing" it.

Thank you....thank you.....thank you all.

giphy.gif
I'm coming in with beauty and grace in hopes of masking my mediocre golf game. I just hope to keep up off the tee with all the long hitters I am playing with.

I'm coming in with beauty and grace in hopes of masking my mediocre golf game. I just hope to keep up off the tee with all the long hitters I am playing with.
I’m playing with @Nate and @sweetnlow on Saturday. I’m not sure my fragile golf psyche can handle watching them outhit my drives with a 5 iron 🤣

Made it to Dallas. Luckily my next flight was just a couple gates away. A quick bathroom stop, grabbed a brisket sandwich and about to get on the flight to Phoenix. Sure hope my golf clubs make it.

Back