Joined a new Golf Club Today.

Man CB that place is nice. It would be amazing if you didn't have so much snow up there

Man CB that place is nice. It would be amazing if you didn't have so much snow up there

haha I'm not sure if you're joking or not Chucky, but Victoria gets less snow than most States. They average below 30cm a year. I'll put it this way, we had that much fall in half a day here.

haha I'm not sure if you're joking or not Chucky, but Victoria gets less snow than most States. They average below 30cm a year. I'll put it this way, we had that much fall in half a day here.
LOL, I think he's joking GG. Chunky is pretty smart.

LOL I am joking. Poor CB has to answer the snow question at least 100 times a year. Probably 50% of those are mine

LOL I am joking. Poor CB has to answer the snow question at least 100 times a year. Probably 50% of those are mine

I figured you were, I just wasn't sure if you played the skim card or not. I'm sorry Chunky haha.

CB, what's the elevation up there? Just curious if you get any benefit from that or not, sorry if this is a silly question.

CB, what's the elevation up there? Just curious if you get any benefit from that or not, sorry if this is a silly question.
Nope, its 1375 feet up from sea level but you don't see any yardage changes over ground level as you are right now the ocean still. If you click on the Mountain course and go to the top of the 14th hole, you get a pretty good view of the city of victoria and the ocean and the mountains.

Jeebus Breezy. That course tour is freaking cool!

30Cm sounds like around 29cm too much if you ask me.

Nope, its 1375 feet up from sea level but you don't see any yardage changes over ground level as you are right now the ocean still. If you click on the Mountain course and go to the top of the 14th hole, you get a pretty good view of the city of victoria and the ocean and the mountains.

Thanks for the info. If my wife and I ever make it out to Western Canada, we may just have to stay there. Wife is a Starwood Preferred member, has a bunch of points in that program, and that Westin looks pretty nice.

Thanks for the info. If my wife and I ever make it out to Western Canada, we may just have to stay there. Wife is a Starwood Preferred member, has a bunch of points in that program, and that Westin looks pretty nice.

I think we need to make this happen.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need to make this happen.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it does, but it can't happen for a while. Silly pregnant wife not being able to fly during the summer....how did I let that happen? :wink:

Big news at the club when I got back for the one round I've played in the last month. LPGA golf Sydnee Michaels is now a member at our club and I played in the group behind her in my one round this month, ummmm she can play a little. Should be pretty exciting having an LPGA golfer around the club for the forseeable future.

Congrats that sounds awesome.

Awesome Cool! May have to come up and see you soon! :)

You should come buddy, we would have a blast.

You should come buddy, we would have a blast.

I would love to. Congrats. The course looks amazing and I have heard good things from a couple of people I know down here who have played it. Love that area. It has been a long time since I have been up there though.

I would love to. Congrats. The course looks amazing and I have heard good things from a couple of people I know down here who have played it. Love that area. It has been a long time since I have been up there though.
Thanks man, the courses are really starting to mature and come into their own and while i am clearly biased I think they are two of the most spectacular courses you could play anywhere in the world.

I need to make my way over the pond and play there one day. I love the mountain courses that we have all over the place in our province, last one I played was Hyde Mountain in Sicamous and it was fabulous.

I need to make my way over the pond and play there one day. I love the mountain courses that we have all over the place in our province, last one I played was Hyde Mountain in Sicamous and it was fabulous.
Let me know man, I would gladly take you up there as a member guest. Just a bit cheaper that way:alien:

There's quite a few clubs around me that have great deals right now. I joined a semi-private club last year that eventually went public this year.

Thats awsome CB. It would be a joy just to watch her on the range. Maybe she can help you get to scratch. Well she has great taste the island is beautiful

Back