Journey to Break 85

I have one in the spank bank, bros.

I may just stick the guy we were playing with in my bag to hit the ball off the tee for me haha.

Golf needs more pinch hitters. You may need a bigger bag. People may be frightened to see you dragging a lumpy bag around the course. That's why he should also dress like a clown. I'm pretty sure if your pinch hitter jumped out of the bag in a clown outfit and hit the ball, people would be much less frightened.

Nice job on the 8-9, by the way. Forgot to FB you that.

Thanks dude. Holding was a ton of fun this weekend.

I hit a boatload of greens. Not all of them in regulation but man I hit a lot of greens.

Nice job on the 8-9, by the way. Forgot to FB you that.

GAIR's are still greens, fellow holder.

Did we just start a new club?

The DPA needs some company. HAOM. (Holders association of 'merica)

I agree completely!!! I had 9 Girs Yesterday, but I had 18 GAIR's

Lmfao, I meant during my approach. I'd go OOB and then hit the green. If we were doing that, I wouldve hit I think 14 or so.

Did we just start a new club?

The DPA needs some company. HAOM. (Holders association of 'merica)

Get us some by-laws written up and we'll make some hats.

Actually, that would be 9 GIR and 9 GAIR.

Get us some by-laws written up and we'll make some hats.

Actually, that would be 9 GIR and 9 GAIR.

good point, I am so stupid!

I'm practicing today after work. It's like 127° with the heat index. I feel stupid, but I really like to golf.

Aside from some on-call duties, I'm a free DPA'r this weekend. Erica and the boy will be gone starting Thursday night.

My plan is:
Thurday - Practice
Friday - evening golf
Saturday - practice and golf
Sunday - practice and golf

I plan to be sick of golf by Sunday. Have to take advantage of this opportunity as it doesn't happen often. I've also agreed to allow Erica to miss one of my family events in the future. Fair trade.

I'm practicing today after work. It's like 127° with the heat index. I feel stupid, but I really like to golf.

Aside from some on-call duties, I'm a free DPA'r this weekend. Erica and the boy will be gone starting Thursday night.

My plan is:
Thurday - Practice
Friday - evening golf

I plan to be sick of golf by Sunday. Have to take advantage of this opportunity as it doesn't happen often. I've also agreed to allow Erica to miss one of my family events in the future. Fair trade.

dude, you should be breaking 85 by monday with that schedule

My plan is:
Thurday - Practice
Friday - evening golf

If your wife is going to be gone, why does she get to miss a future family event? C'mon, negotiating 101, don't trade in exchange for something that will happen anyways. J/k

Have fun, stay below boiling, drink plenty......of water.

Damn Hawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great schedule. You're gonna have a blast dude.

My plan is:
Thurday - Practice
Friday - evening golf

dude, you should be breaking 85 by monday with that schedule

Ideally, that would occur on Saturday or Sunday, but we shall see.

If your wife is going to be gone, why does she get to miss a future family event? C'mon, negotiating 101, don't trade in exchange for something that will happen anyways. J/k

Have fun, stay below boiling, drink plenty......of water.

Hopefully it cools down a bit.

My plan is:
Thurday - Practice
Friday - evening golf

thats an awesome schedule.

Last time my wife left for 3 days, I play 18, 36 and 36

The only thing holding me back is money boo.

It might be cheaper for you to fly to BC and I'll take you out to my club everyday as a member guest. Might be cheaper and we'll have a good time.

It might be cheaper for you to fly to BC and I'll take you out to my club everyday as a member guest. Might be cheaper and we'll have a good time.

The on-call part is the killer there. Thanks for the invite cb!

Woohoo. Hot a$$ practice session.

Started off by hitting 5-10 balls with the 8i, 6i, Heavy, and PW. Right off the bat I felt great. I have consistent distance right now. That is nice.

Moved to the driver and was hitting it long! Not Yoccos long, but it was bouncing into the wall at 240. That's huge for the RAZR! Slight draw on the driver today. The key was arms close, left shoulder over right knee, arms close.

One big thing that I've been dealing with is a pretty large gap from my 9 iron down. I hit the 9 iron around 130 carry right now. I hit the PW in the 105-110 range. What I realized is that I was wussying it. If I swing the PW just like the other irons, it gives me similar results in the 115-120 range. The only problem is that I can't get the xFT GW past 95 yards. What I found was that it was easier to just choke down on the PW and swing full to get into that 100-110 range.

I know irons aren't about distance, but I need to get that 90-130 yard gap covered and I feel like I really made progress on that today.

Played a pretend round after that and was very pleased. At about ball 85 I started to really not like the heat and it went downhill. My grips were sweaty, I was sort of dizzy, and it just wasn't that awesome anymore. I finished with pitch, punch, and chip shots.

Today I like golf.

Great recap Hawk. I was just coming in her to chat about whats going on my world as well. Irons are definitely not about distance but it helps. As a lot have said throughout the forum, the different between hitting a 7i instead of a 6i into a green mentally, can be the difference between a par or worse.

I'm not really that long I don't think. Not Jrod, Biggsy, Belbin, TC, P4b or One T long I don't think. I just like to hit it straight. It's not happening for me right now with the driver as much as it was before. You'll probably be gaining some length without even trying dude. It just happens at some point.

I go through spurts throughout the yera where I can't move that well (back issues stemming from childhood car accident) and it started last Sunday. Hoping to swing some clubs tonight. I don't even care about the pain at this point. Might just putt. Not sure what to work on.

Chipping and putting buddy! Compared to me, you have great distance. It is coming in bits for me and I'll take all I can get.

Sorry to hear about the back, dude. Nothing worse than back pain. It can be freaking crippling. I've been having some right wrist issues after a litte falling up the stairs incident a month ago. Just trying to ignore it as we all know that is the best approach to getting better.

Back