Journey to Break 85

I like my distance, don't get me wrong. Not trying to seem short, I know it's pretty good. You have it too. Your irons are right on par with mine. The driver is funny because one day I'm hitting 240 and the next it's what you were seeing at the outing.

You fell down the stairs? Did I miss that? Sorry to hear dude, get some power bands with ion stuff. Yeah its pretty intense. But like said, at some point you just gotta ignore it and move forward.

Chipping and putting buddy! Compared to me, you have great distance. It is coming in bits for me and I'll take all I can get.

Sorry to hear about the back, dude. Nothing worse than back pain. It can be freaking crippling. I've been having some right wrist issues after a litte falling up the stairs incident a month ago. Just trying to ignore it as we all know that is the best approach to getting better.

Actually, it was up the stairs haha.

You seem a bit down dude.

At about ball 85 I started to really not like the heat and it went downhill. My grips were sweaty, I was sort of dizzy, and it just wasn't that awesome anymore. I finished with pitch, punch, and chip shots.

Today I like golf.

That's quite a practice session. Glad it was a good one for you. Today I like golf, too, and water, and gatorade......lots of gatorade.

Up the stairs?????? Ok, this is a story that sounds fun but not fun that you got hurt.

Just trying to level myself out. Been an interesting couple days. I need more cowbell.

Actually, it was up the stairs haha.

You seem a bit down dude.

That's quite a practice session. Glad it was a good one for you. Today I like golf, too, and water, and gatorade......lots of gatorade.

Thanks, Rock! I enjoyed finishing with the touch shots. The Open really reminded me that you don't have to hit high, quick stopping shots to be successful. That's especially true for me since I'm often not in the best position to do it.

Up the stairs?????? Ok, this is a story that sounds fun but not fun that you got hurt.

Just trying to level myself out. Been an interesting couple days. I need more cowbell.

*bing-bing-bing*

Fact: My mother has a cowbell collection.

You have such a solid foundation for chipping, I'm really excited to see where you at when the next time we get to tee it up rolls around.

Thanks, Rock! I enjoyed finishing with the touch shots. The Open really reminded me that you don't have to hit high, quick stopping shots to be successful. That's especially true for me since I'm often not in the best position to do it.

*bing-bing-bing*

Fact: My mother has a cowbell collection.

You have such a solid foundation for chipping, I'm really excited to see where you at when the next time we get to tee it up rolls around.

Same with you, buddy.

So, I have been thinking about my bag set up again. Here's what I've been thinking about doing. Some of it has been on my mind alot and the rest is new today.

Irons - obtaining a Redline 5 iron and GW.
Wedges - Staying the same, or getting xFT's in 56,58 (C-grind)
Hybrids - Keep only the Heavy.

So the bag would look like this:

SuperTri
3wood - either the Maruman or Cleveland
Hybrid - Heavy 20°
Irons - 5-GW
Wedges - 50,56,60 or 50,56,58
Putter

What do you think, Yoc?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Love the 5i and GW. That's a must imo. You hit them well and you like to have that gap closed up with the GW. Didn't mean that come out smart assy haha.

I also like how you have the wedges set up. 50,56,60 would be the setup I'd do. C grind was just so much easier to use when opening the face up.

Love the hybrid/fw choices. Heavy is a Top 2 hybrid for sure. I'd almost even consider throwing another hybrid or just keeping two FW's in the bag instead of the 50* wedge. You may find that redline GW suits your needs. It'll be nice to have that option.

So, I have been thinking about my bag set up again. Here's what I've been thinking about doing. Some of it has been on my mind alot and the rest is new today.

Irons - obtaining a Redline 5 iron and GW.
Wedges - Staying the same, or getting xFT's in 56,58 (C-grind)
Hybrids - Keep only the Heavy.

So the bag would look like this:

SuperTri
3wood - either the Maruman or Cleveland
Hybrid - Heavy 20°
Irons - 5-GW
Wedges - 50,56,60 or 50,56,58
Putter

What do you think, Yoc?

See, I was thinking of keeping the 50° b/c I like the low bounce out of the fairway for pitch shots. After demo-ing the Heavy, I have literally only hit my other hybrids 4-5 times on the course. I feel like I'm carrying clubs for no reason right now. I even thought about just carrying both 3 woods and dumping a hybrid.

That's a good point on the low bounce. The thing though is the AW/GW from the Razr X is just perfect for those shots. It's actually so much easier than the 50* from the JAWS. Maybe you'll see the same? Basically gives you a lot of flexibility either way.

Nothing wrong with 2 3w's especially if they have different purposes.

See, I was thinking of keeping the 50° b/c I like the low bounce out of the fairway for pitch shots. After demo-ing the Heavy, I have literally only hit my other hybrids 4-5 times on the course. I feel like I'm carrying clubs for no reason right now. I even thought about just carrying both 3 woods and dumping a hybrid.

That's a good point on the low bounce. The thing though is the AW/GW from the Razr X is just perfect for those shots. It's actually so much easier than the 50* from the JAWS. Maybe you'll see the same? Basically gives you a lot of flexibility either way.

Nothing wrong with 2 3w's especially if they have different purposes.

Hmmmmm. I guess there is no other way to find out than to try it out.

I think so buddy, but I'm really curious to see how it works for you. ALthough I just got done saying how cool the AW was, I'm still considering keeping the 50* in after the MC haha.

Hmmmmm. I guess there is no other way to find out than to try it out.

First night of the RAZR solo weekend. Played a par 66 course. Hit the ball real good.

I shot an 80 - 37/43 (+14)

I sucked at putting so badly. Five 3-jacks. I can hit irons now and I can hit them pretty far!

thats a helluva score Hawk. Im telling you that driver isnt far behind. What been the most important step for you?? What bag set up did you end up using?

I sucked at putting so badly. Five 3-jacks. I can hit irons now and I can hit them pretty far!

Booooom dude...that's awesome...I am so happy for you bro. This made me smile

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Driver was actually really good. I only missed a couple fairways? GPS'd most in the 240 range, which is far for me (historically).

It was keeping the ball in play and hitting the irons well. If I missed the green, I got it on there. Then I three putted Ugh. Hahaha. I don't give a damn. I just want to hit the ball clean and that's what happened tonight. It's not that hard! I am so freaking glad I went to that lesson.

Thanks buddy. It was a par 66 at 5300 yards, so it's not like I really shot an 80, but it was as well as I've ever played. Except for the putting.

Its amazing seeing your friends/family break the barriers. Golf is so much more than scores, this type of stuff makes it special. Sorry for the soft moment.

Back