Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Their designs are bold, unique, a bit in your face, and absolutely contrarian to everything we as golfers have been programmed to think about putters. However, no matter where you stand on them, L.A.B. Golf is absolutely on fire right now.

It all started with their DB 2.1. It was a behemoth of a putter by all intents and purposes, but the one which brought L.A.B.’s “fully automatic” Lie Angle Balanced system into the golfing world. Today, we see the much requested evolution of that, a smaller but no less effective version, named the DF3.

Continue reading...

Wasn’t a fan of the larger design in my CC fitting but the fitter kept swearing these would be the number 1 putter on tour this year (Odyssey might have something to say about that). Will be nice to give this a go after the last dinner plate sized option, and hopefully the feel improved as well with this update.

• Staff
Wasn’t a fan of the larger design in my CC fitting but the fitter kept swearing these would be the number 1 putter on tour this year (Odyssey might have something to say about that). Will be nice to give this a go after the last dinner plate sized option, and hopefully the feel improved as well with this update.
There’s a 0% chance it’s the number one putter on Tour, but that’s a great effort by your CC fitter.

There’s a 0% chance it’s the number one putter on Tour, but that’s a great effort by your CC fitter.
In his defense he didn’t seem all that great of a fitter for what it’s worth :ROFLMAO:

I mean I could see L.A.B being among the fastest growing brands on Tour and maybe #1 in terms of Broomstick models, but #1 overall seems a little aggressive.

• Staff
I mean I could see L.A.B being among the fastest growing brands on Tour and maybe #1 in terms of Broomstick models, but #1 overall seems a little aggressive.
0.0% chance. People don’t grasp how many Odyssey putters are on Tour, ever. They dwarf even SC.

That said, I have always believed, and still do, their presence will grow.

There is absolutely something to the lie angle balanced thing.

0.0% chance. People don’t grasp how many Odyssey putters are on Tour, ever. They dwarf even SC.

That said, I have always believed, and still do, their presence will grow.

There is absolutely something to the lie angle balanced thing.
Absolutely agree. I've tried both the DF2.1 and the Mezz Max in the past and liked them, but never enough to commit to one. I recently was fit for the counterbalanced version of the Mezz Max and it finally clicked for me. I think it is the "normal" grip and shaft lean that makes it far easier to align for me compared to their other putters. I really didn't like the whole shaft lean + press grip combo.

Love they are keeping the color options around. Hopefully the golf galaxy near me will get some to see the size difference in hand. The Mezz is too angular for my taste so this is a little more appealing of an approach for me

This is my number one putter to try this year. I’m a big fan of L.A.B. Putters and this seems like a logical evolution of the DF lineup.

I want a pink one.

I had a 2.1 and liked it. Will take a look at these.

I want a pink one.
Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

The custom options look outstanding for this putter!! Well written article @Jman!

Don't forget to mention the fact that the rear "flange" can now pick up the golf ball gimmies ;)
I know I love my MEZZ.1 Proto. I may not make as many as I would like, that's the Indian & not the Arrow, but I do give putts a better chance of going in by burning a lot of edges. Now if I could learn to stare out of my right eye instead of my left, I might be draining a few more. ;)

IMG_1583.jpeg

Thanks for the article, @Jman. Not really my thing, but you can't deny the success.

I need Swag to make headcovers that fit center shafted putters first before I try out one of these 😂

Don't forget to mention the fact that the rear "flange" can now pick up the golf ball gimmies ;)
I know I love my MEZZ.1 Proto. I may not make as many as I would like, that's the Indian & not the Arrow, but I do give putts a better chance of going in by burning a lot of edges. Now if I could learn to stare out of my right eye instead of my left, I might be draining a few more. ;)
I left that out on purpose. 🤷

I've tried all of the L.A.B. models they carry at the local PGASS - and to me they just feel terrible. Especially on off center hits. I wanted to like the concept - but I just will not enjoy using a putter that feels this bad.

I love my DF 2.1. It has changed my putting game 100%. i make more putts now than I ever imagined I would. The quality on my LAB is good and I have zero complaints with it. @Jman are you going to test these out? I hope so I am super excited on your thoughts between the DF3 and the 2.1! Nice review

I love my DF 2.1. It has changed my putting game 100%. i make more putts now than I ever imagined I would. The quality on my LAB is good and I have zero complaints with it. @Jman are you going to test these out? I hope so I am super excited on your thoughts between the DF3 and the 2.1! Nice review
We should be getting one in hand for review!

Cool to see them evolving, but I jsut can't get over looking at the shape. Hope it works out for some, but to me, a putter has to be appealing to my eye for me to feel confident over it.

Back