Using one of these looks like a good time. Like a moped.

A bright colored option could be a lot of fun.
Bright is fun haha

What about when I tell you it’s also ONset?
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

And the shaft is set up to be in an already pressed position.

It’s wild. Absolutely wild.

But you know what?

They work.
PGASS has the older ones in stock, may have to go roll one for a bit.

I think that's the biggest thing that is throwing me off, honestly.
I imagine with a putter this size its the only way the tech works.

The df3 is a lot smaller than the 2.1. Sam (ceo) wouldn't let me try the proto but pointed out the finer points... shaft is further from face, sound is more muted and feel was better/softer. I don't have the budget, but if I did there would be a DF3 at The Goat Cup.

Last edited:
I have never seen a L.A.B. Putter in person so can’t knock on the looks. I’m not one to dive in for less than normal putter looks so would take some time to get over. However that pink color option would look awesome.

Thank goodness I'm moving and need to manage some finances for that. Else one of these would already be on order!

I tested the old(er) models in a store in St. Andrews. They're hard to find in mainland Europe, the larger retail stores don't carry them.

IMG_1668.jpegIMG_1667.jpegIMG_1666.jpegIMG_1665.jpegIMG_1669.jpegIMG_1670.jpeg

I’m a fan of this. Does what the DF2.1 did but in a smaller footprint. Big sound difference too. The DF2.1 had that metallic ping sound, this is a deep tock. If I purchased one I would definitely go custom to get one that was more upright and change the sight line, color, and weight.

I have not tried one yet but am interested in it.

One issue with the DF2.1 was the head cover. The DF3 will fit into a mallet cover but the center shaft will cause you issues closing it. If you have a mallet cover for a center shafted putter, it should work.

I’m a fan of this. Does what the DF2.1 did but in a smaller footprint. Big sound difference too. The DF2.1 had that metallic ping sound, this is a deep tock. If I purchased one I would definitely go custom to get one that was more upright and change the sight line, color, and weight.
I'm intrigued by this sound change, but I kind of like the shape of the 2.1 compared to this 🤷‍♂️

I'm intrigued by this sound change, but I kind of like the shape of the 2.1 compared to this 🤷‍♂️
I would compare it to the Spider and Spider mini. Some people like the larger head and some want a smaller look.

I really can’t wait to give one a roll.

I really can’t wait to give one a roll.
I just rolled the older model at PGASS for about 20 minutes and I came away impressed. A bit on the bigger side, so the new one would be a lot of fun.

Literally could not come through with a putting stroke that was open or closed. The head just doesnt move. I wish they had some longer options there other than the arm lock ones, because that would just be a perfect setup to toy around with.

Also, I expected them to be heavier.

Back