Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

Very cool news Mrs G4L!! I love the "blind ball test". I hadn't noticed the difference so I'm going to take a look when I get home. We missed you last weekend but I know you'll have fun this weekend on the course.

Its a pretty subtle difference. I could not tell the difference between the gelatinous ball and the others by touch alone, but I gave them to her and she picked it out instantly. Must be my caloused man hands, or she's not washing enough dishes these days!

Its a pretty subtle difference. I could not tell the difference between the gelatinous ball and the others by touch alone, but I gave them to her and she picked it out instantly. Must be my caloused man hands, or she's not washing enough dishes these days!

I have a feeling the Williams driver is going in time out for weekend after that one

I have a feeling the Williams driver is going in time out for weekend after that one

Hahaha, you're probably right. At least I'll know exactly when she gets back on the thread to check in. To get back to the topic, she's not exaggerating when she says she gets giddy over pink balls. Color and style of golf equipment are enormously important to the Mrs., probably as much as performance.

Hahaha, you're probably right. At least I'll know exactly when she gets back on the thread to check in. To get back to the topic, she's not exaggerating when she says she gets giddy over pink balls. Color and style of golf equipment are enormously important to the Mrs., probably as much as performance.

Nerfny is a fan of the pink ball too.

Just played 9 holes with the pink ball on our home course in blistering hot 97* weather. I didn't have any problems finding the ball at all since it was a good day for staying in the fairway.

Driver: My drives were not too great off the first two holes. The first one was a bit of a fade and didn't go as far as usual and the 2nd ball went sky high but luckily both were in the fairway. It's not unusual for it to take me a few holes to hit the ball good if I don't warm up on the range first but I was starting to doubt this ball off the tee. My third drive was a nice surprise. It's a par 4 350 yard hole from the gold tees and I was sitting about 105 yards out when I got up to pinky. The ball flight was a little higher than usual but not too high. In fact, it was probably just what it should be off the tee. I would take this drive any day of the week from the gold tees and can't say that I usually hit it any better with any other ball. Our course is SO dry that I got a pretty good roll to boot. From that point on, pinky was GREAT off the tee and I was very happy about that because I didn't expect it at all.

Here's a video clip of that hole on our local goat pasture...ummm I mean golf course. :D

Fairway woods: I noticed that the ball flight was higher than usual with my 3 wood and I probably lost a little distance but I wouldn't say I lost much.

Irons: This is where the ball shined for me. I loved the way this ball came off my irons. I put an easy swing on it and it just flew to the green. The ball flight was high and landed softly onto the green. It did not check up quickly for me, however, the roll out was comparable to the Trispeed I usually play. I hit one approach shot with my 9 iron that rolled over the green that I swore was perfect distance and flight. The green just didn't hold it well. As I said in my previous post, our greens are firm and never hold the ball well so I will have to try this ball at another course and let you know how it does there.

Chipping: I was pleasantly surprised with my chipping today. I chipped three times and was within 2-5'. That's really good for me. I've been struggling with that.

Putting: Loved the soft feel of this ball when putting. As usual, I left my long putts short and 3 putted twice. :angry: I made some nice 5-6' putts though.

Overall, I am liking this ball a lot more than I thought I would. I can't wait to take it out to another course and play it again.

#1: Bogey (GIR, 3 putt)
#2: Par (good chip, 1 putt)
#3: Bogey (GIR, 3 putt)
#4: Par (GIR, 2 putt)
#5: Par (GIR, 2 putt)
#6: Par (good chip, 1 putt)
#7: Approach shot rolled over back of green (picked up since I was playing through a group)
#8: Par (good chip, 1 putt)
#9: Par (GIR, 2 putt)

Last edited:
Surprises are good, Kelly! Nice recap. Very thorough :)

very good stuff KellyBo! That was a heck of a drive

Thanks guys. Do you think P4B could get through that narrow gap between the trees? :D I know I struggle with it! I am always happy just to be in the fairway so I was especially happy to be near the 100 yard marker.

Thanks guys. Do you think P4B could get through that narrow gap between the trees? :D I know I struggle with it! I am always happy just to be in the fairway so I was especially happy to be near the 100 yard marker.

through the gap...no. But he could hit a high ball that starts to the left of it and goes around those trees and finds the middle of the fairway. Jake straight FTW!

Great review KB! Can't wait to hear what you ladies have to say about these!

Glad to hear you got out on that goat herding track you & Ole Gray call a course (before anyone thinks I'm being "nasty" I've played at Kelly's & Ole Gray's course & it is not a goat track & even in the dead of winter had some of the fastest ball won't stick greens I've played)

I am glad I'm not the only person loving the feel of thus ball off the putter. I think it is one of the nicest feeling balls off the putter I've played.

I'm looking forward to paying closer attention to my ball flight this weekend to see if I see the higher ball flight you saw

Oh, and don't anyone be fooled, KB plays just fine right out of the gate ;-)

I love this feedback so far. Great video KB! I hope to get out this weekend (now that the storm isn't going to hit us) and test this ball. If not I will definitely be out next week to test it.

Great reviews so far ladies, enjoying what I have read thus far. Keep up the good work

Great stuff so far ladies, loving the pics and videos. MaryC & KB those reviews and comments are spot on, I look forward to your comments as you become more familar with these & really am curious as to how MaryC comparison goes with the B330-RX. Mrs G4L's sense of feel is uncanny, being able to feel the difference in the surface of the golf ball is impressive. Keep up the good work everyone.

Nerfny is a fan of the pink ball too.

I think it's funny how different I am in this respect. I will play a pink ball but I feel kind of funny playing one. I don't know why but I do. I guess I'm not "girlie" enough and it's just not me. I need to get back in touch with my feminine side again. I've lost touch with the girlie side since I retired and quit having to wear dresses all the time. :act-up:

I think it's funny how different I am in this respect. I will play a pink ball but I feel kind of funny playing one. I don't know why but I do. I guess I'm not "girlie" enough and it's just not me. I need to get back in touch with my feminine side again. I've lost touch with the girlie side since I retired and quit having to wear dresses all the time. :act-up:

tub of ice cream and a chick flick with OG should do it lol, great info everybody, enjoying the feedback

Great pictures and early descriptions! Can't wait to read your feedback this weekend.

Nice pics. Mrs G4l!

Thanks Guys! :)

Very cool news Mrs G4L!! I love the "blind ball test". I hadn't noticed the difference so I'm going to take a look when I get home. We missed you last weekend but I know you'll have fun this weekend on the course.

Mary, I soooo missed being there!!! Hope I don't have to wait 'til May to golf with you!!! Thanks for your post too. Gave me lots to consider and concentrate on while I'm out there this weekend.

Yes! awesome term that I never thoguth I'd see on a golf forum!

HAHAHAHA!!!! Just keeping things fresh Hanks.... ;)

The driver is safe ddec--Why would I wash dishes when I have a dishwasher AND two 19 year old sons????? That would be crazy! ;)

Good testing Ladies and I remember a few years back when Precept had their Ladies ball. They were not pink or any other color than white and I believe they had red numbers (not sure) on them. Many of the men in middle Ga. loved that version and a past local high school golf coach still tries to find them online. They were called Precept Lady Balls. They were a hot item when they came out so maybe these are a rebirth of that model. If they are as good or better than the original version, I know one old coach who is going to be a happy camper!

WOW! Mrs. Golf4Life you have incredible tactile senses. I just tried to feel the difference between the golf balls and I couldn't feel the difference between any of them. They felt like, well, golf balls. I put them in a brown paper bag and shook it up and then reached in and tried to feel the difference and couldn't. You'll have to tell us if there is any difference in the play of the balls.

And it better not be next May before we play together seeing we live less than 3 hrs from each other.

Awesome write up KellyBo, and great drive too! I'd take 14 of those a round.

Well I got out and played last night with ddec. First off our course was actually busy on a Friday night which never happens. Usually we are the last two people on the course. So I didn't get to do as much side by side testing between last years model and this years as I would have liked. I was able to get in 3 holes on playing the balls side by side.

Driver: 2 out of 3 times the newer precept out drove last years model. I'm not say by a yard or so I'm talking I got an extra 10 yards. The one time last years model out drove this years was I hit the new precept to the right on the 9th hole of our course a hole that it is better to stay left on any day of the week. The new precept besides being out to the right was only 3 yards shorter then last years model. Both were one heck of a shot for me either way.

Fairway woods: This ball jumps off of the face. I used it with my fairway woods on both of the par 5's on our course and both times I hit the ball with a nice ball flight.

Irons: This years and last years reacted pretty similar off of the face of my irons. I may have seen 1 or 2 yards difference.

Putting: This is the place you can really feel the difference in softness between the two models. The new precepts give a very nice smooth role.

All in all so far a very nice ball. I'd like to take it out to a different course. Our course has only 1 hole really where you can't loose a ball in the woods, over the road, or in someones yard. I was trying to play cautious so not to loose balls on the first day. I'd like to see what happens when I really go at some of these balls.

I have some video I'll try to get up later today.

Lots of great write ups and tons of information. Now I want to go out and hit some just out of curiosity.

Fixed Link

tub of ice cream and a chick flick with OG should do it lol, great info everybody, enjoying the feedback

She said SHE wanted to get back to the girlie side, not that she wanted Gray to get there.

Great writeup Nerfny! Glad to see everyone saying such positive things thus far.

Back