Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

Great write up nerfny! Nice drives also

Great video! The ladies are doing such a great job with their reviews/write-ups/videos! I am so impressed!

we took a couple more from last night. I'm not sure what will get posted and what won't. But there may be more tonight or tomorrow.

Here is another video from yesterdays round

Great video's Nerfny. That ball looks like its a huge upgrade over last years model.

Great videos Nerfny!

Spent most of the morning working on my short game but decided to jump on just a couple holes to do some testing off the tee again with these lady balls. I wanted to see if yesterday was just a fluke or if these balls are really as long as they seemed.

I used my Flip camera to take a few videos. It has a snapshot feature so I captured these shots from one of the videos to show the ball flight of my drive on #9. I'm actually going over a big pond on this hole but you can't see it in the pics.

Here are the results of this drive from our forward tees (215 yard drive on this hole is really good for me because it slopes back uphill towards the green):

I also tested 3 of the Precept iQ+ balls against one Trispeed and Q-Star ball on our #1 hole pictured below.

Here are the results:

Srixon Trispeed 194 yards
Srixon Q-Star 206 yards
Precept iQ+ 200, 207, 217 yards
:clapp:

More to come!

Fantastic videos & photos Nerfny & KellyBo!!

Now I'm itching to get back out & see if my shorter lengths with the Precept vs the e6 were a one off because I wasn't going after the Precepts or what.

More great pics & video ladies, looks like this ball is a potential gamer for some. Great thread so far. Keep up the good work.

This has been fantastic so far ladies! I'm taking a friend golfing Sunday afternoon, will have to pass along this info to her.

great job ladies, really impressed with the reviews, a extra 10 yards with the new ball over last years is a great upgrade

The pics and vids are excellent. You all are doing great!

I also tested 3 of the Precept iQ+ balls against one Trispeed and Q-Star ball on our #1 hole pictured below.

Here are the results:

Srixon Trispeed 194 yards
Srixon Q-Star 206 yards
Precept iQ+ 200, 207, 217 yards
:clapp:

More to come!

those are some awesome results KellyBo!!!

I also find Pink balls easier to find... except in the fall in New England when the colored leaves are on the ground then white is easier. I did no like the pearl finish on the Callaway Pearls in the past, when the sun reflected off them I found them to be very bright and distracting. Is this an issue with the new Precept finish?

Last edited:
I also find Pink balls easier to find... except in the fall in New England when the colored leaves are on the ground then white is easier. I did no like the pearl finish on the Callaway Pearls in the past, when the sun reflected off them I found them to be very bright and distracting. Is this an issue with the new Precept finish?

I agree with you about playing the pink in the fall. I think that is when I had the most problem finding the ball. I did notice one day that there was a lot of glare on the pearl ball but I haven't noticed it since.

I agree with you about playing the pink in the fall. I think that is when I had the most problem finding the ball. I did notice one day that there was a lot of glare on the pearl ball but I haven't noticed it since.

I played with KellyBo today and she shot 38 on the front side with that pink Precept! She was hitting pretty tee shots and iron shots with it. I believe she had a 44 on the back for a total score of 82 playing the new ball.

I only was able to play with them once and it was at dusk. I took them out in the yard because it is a nice sunny day and I didn't notice any reflection that was distracting.

I played with KellyBo today and she shot 38 on the front side with that pink Precept! She was hitting pretty tee shots and iron shots with it. I believe she had a 44 on the back for a total score of 82 playing the new ball.

KellyBo has some serious game!!

I just got back from playing 18 holes and I'm just as pleased with this ball as I have been the couple times I have played it.

Driver:

My tee shots continue to be long. I didn't do any comparisons today since I played with a group of guys. I'm pretty sure this ball is as long as any I have played if not longer. I did notice a couple shots that seemed a bit higher than normal. I may not play this ball on a really windy day for that reason.

I recorded most of my drives today using the GPS. They were 208, 230, 215, 191, 230, 186, 239, 215, 204, 205. I hit a few of them really well. One guy was complaining afterwards about my tee shots being longer than his from the same tee. I told him he should try the Precept iQ+. :D

Woods/hybrids: I really like the ball flight I get with these clubs. Not too high but not too low either. I hit my 3 and 7 woods today and got higher than normal ball flight but good distance. My hybrid shots were probably a little higher than normal but not much.

Irons:

I think I'm actually hitting this ball a little further with my irons too. I overshot two greens today using a 6i and a 7i. I was surprised that both shots were so long. They were struck well, not too thin but flew high and over. Last time out I flew over our hole #7 on my approach shot so this time I took one less club and was in the middle of the green and made par.

Chipping:

I had a great day chipping. I really love the feel of this ball around the green. I don't have spin on the ball when I chip so I just pick my landing spot and let it roll out.

Putting:

Great feel and roll.

These companies are really making choosing a ball difficult! When I have time and the course is not crowded, I'm going to do some serious ball against ball testing.

BTW: I shot an 84 today not an 82 that OG said. I blew up on the back after having a 38 on the front. I even played back with the guys so I'm happy with the score!

I wanted to add that I was talking to a guy at our course today about the Precept iQ+ balls that I am testing. I was telling him how surprised I was with them. He went to his bag and came back with one and said he had found it and loved it. He had a bunch of dots and lines on it to hide the fact that he was playing a lady ball. It was too funny. He's older (66) but carries about a 10 handicap.

Okay, I'm convinced that this ball is long off the tee and probably longer for me with the irons (not positive yet). However, what's most important to me about a ball is how it performs when I'm going to the green. I'll be back out there this week doing some ball comparisons with approach shots to see how this one compares to the Bridgestone B330RX, Trispeed, Trispeed Tour, Q-Star and Vision balls.

One thing I already realize is that the lower compression balls feel so easy for me to hit if that makes sense??? Easy is good.

There has been some great feedback in this thread already.
KellyBo your yardages scare me, I have a feeling you would out hit me majority of the time if we played together.

Wow Kelly!!! Now I'm REALLY anxious to get out & play with the IQ+!!

My Sunday round with the Precept iQ+ vs the B330-rx got rained out and I'm traveling for business until Thursday. So no golf for me until then but weather supppose to be fantastic when I get back so maybe Thurs evening I can sneak a round in

There has been some great feedback in this thread already.
KellyBo your yardages scare me, I have a feeling you would out hit me majority of the time if we played together.

This is correct. Kelly has a good way at making your bombs seem not so awesome after she rips one the same distance hehe. Sounds like this is a solid ball. I'll be interested over time to see how it works on approach shots into greens. Especially since this is around the time things start drying out and firming up.

This is correct. Kelly has a good way at making your bombs seem not so awesome after she rips one the same distance hehe. Sounds like this is a solid ball. I'll be interested over time to see how it works on approach shots into greens. Especially since this is around the time things start drying out and firming up.

I know our course greens played real firm this past week.

Back