CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

About time I jump into this.

Who will win the match? JB/Danny
What is your current driver? Taylormade SIM2 MAX-D
What shaft is in your current driver? Fujikura Air Speeder 45R
What is your favorite UST Mamiya driver shaft? LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

I'm going with Ah-meesh Cheee-dar
It sounds so fancy like that. I just want to roll my window down in my limo and ask someone if they have any Amiish Cheedar I could borrow.

dude driving GIF

Star-struck playing next to JB.

also the combination, of new, fantastic courses, now trying to figure out how to use caddies, new people, good conversation, trying to keep up with the forum, etc.

not playing shamble before my first thp event i was shocked at how much time we took just debating which drive to take. overthinking, especially when naiive to competative golf, is a big thing.
I played slow at my first THP experience because I was applying ointment to the sick burn i got from @JB hating my Jordan 11s. Now I play slow because I don’t want to get out of the cart so he can do it again.

I've had to go the other way. I get frustrated with even semi-slow play and then play faster to try and make up for it. it gets me in almost any competitive round i've ever played.
James Franco GIF

I had a great time. Just wish I had brought more of my game with me. Some of the most fun I've ever had on the course. Plus you worked half the time in the cart as well while I'm trying to figure out how to work my phone hahaha
We have all been exactly here. These experiences are some of the most fun golf you will ever play.

Just watched the flyover of Victoria National again. That course looks incredible, albeit a little mean. lol Tom Fazio was obviously angry at the world when he designed hole 16. :LOL:

I played slow at my first THP experience because I was applying ointment to the sick burn i got from @JB hating my Jordan 11s. Now I play slow because I don’t want to get out of the cart so he can do it again.

We have all been exactly here. These experiences are some of the most fun golf you will ever play.

You hear that @Bus ?

That's also sad and hilarious at the same time.

Just watched the flyover of Victoria National again. That course looks incredible, albeit a little mean. lol Tom Fazio was obviously angry at the world when he designed hole 16. :LOL:
16 was a fun hole. 1/2 in hitting the green, but I will say there is a bit of a pucker factor when you're standing on the tee box.

It sounds so fancy like that. I just want to roll my window down in my limo and ask someone if they have any Amiish Cheedar I could borrow.

dude driving GIF

James Franco GIF

Playing with THPers really is the best times on the course. Always a fun time, and some good ribbing. If you're gonna chirp @JB , though, you better back it up.

Who will win the match? JNap.
What is your current driver? Paradym X
What shaft is in your current driver? HZRDUS Smoke black
What is your favorite UST Mamiya driver shaft? LIN-Q blue

JB’s injury disclosure spooked the handle , feels high for Amish Cheedar.
JB's injury should in theory make the public lay some money towards Amiish Cheedar right? Instead we've seen the opposite, or maybe the community realizes that JB always says he's less than 100% then throws down a 3-0 like the 1st experience of the year?

JB's injury should in theory make the public lay some money towards Amiish Cheedar right? Instead we've seen the opposite, or maybe the community realizes that JB always says he's less than 100% then throws down a 3-0 like the 1st experience of the year?
@JDax has his timing off haha.

He’s like the Willis Reed of THP events, comes up with magic injured.

Danny has also shown the ability to carry the load, if needed.

A little casual scripting for @DannyLe and I.

IMG_2330.jpeg

16 was a fun hole. 1/2 in hitting the green, but I will say there is a bit of a pucker factor when you're standing on the tee box.
I'm a sucker for a picturesque par 3 and this one looks like a beauty. Also, there's pucker factor watching the flyover, so I can only imagine standing on the tee box. lol

This is probably the hole that I would be most looking forward to playing, just because it looks incredible.

I'm a sucker for a picturesque par 3 and this one looks like a beauty. Also, there's pucker factor watching the flyover, so I can only imagine standing on the tee box. lol

This is probably the hole that I would be most looking forward to playing, just because it looks incredible.
Its truly a great one. I'm fond of #15 as well if memory serves, doesn't look intimidating from the tee box, but then you get to the 2nd shot and there's a major pucker factor with water on the left and in front of the green.

I have to go team @JB - @DannyLe.

Current driver - Callaway Paradym X
Current shaft - Ventus Blur TR5S
Favorite UST Mamiya shaft - That I ever played the original PF75. That shaft changed my golf life it was the first graphite shaft I could play. In the current line I would go Linq-Q M40X Blue 6F4. I have always wanted to try one of these.

Based on those shirts alone I have to go with Team @JB @DannyLe aka Team Jewamese haha

Its truly a great one. I'm fond of #15 as well if memory serves, doesn't look intimidating from the tee box, but then you get to the 2nd shot and there's a major pucker factor with water on the left and in front of the green.
Oh yeah, 15 looks awesome. At first glance, it doesn't look too crazy, but when you really look at it, there are so many ways that I could get myself in trouble there. I think the key for me would be hitting the fairway off the tee. Having to hit from the rough on your second or third shot seems like it would invite all kinds of issues. Lucky for these guys playing next week, they will be getting a brand new fairway finder from Danny Le!

Back