ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep them coming you all, we are going to have some fun with this one.

1. I currently play Maltby TS1 irons
2. My setup is standard length, 1 degree upright, dynamic gold S300 shafts.
3. The dynapower is something I like the idea of. They are great looking clubs and the AI fitting intrigues me as a senior golfer with a decent hcp.
I am losing distance gradually and need a solution that will help me gain some ground with consistency and better ball striking.

These would be bunches of fun to review from a comparison difference to my current gamers.

1. Which irons do you currently play? T300
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Power Holes v3.0 - giving added ball speed and maximizing the benefit to amateurs with an inconsistent strike - from the technical standpoint. From the personal standpoint, looking at the review these are going to be slightly smaller irons so can I feel the benefit to a slightly smaller iron, or will I get in my own head and go back to a larger iron. What is to say that bigger or smaller is going to give more confidence.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4-pw - True Temper AMT Red s300

Would love to test these, currently gaming an old set of Titleist 704 CBs. I think the thing about the Dynapower forged irons that strike me the most is that there is a level of forgiveness, that I don’t have with my current irons, not to mention the distance gained off from the old irons to the new. I actually had the chance to try these in a store and gained 10 yards on my 7 iron distance. They also look incredible. I like to keep it simple with my irons, I like to play with the setup as 4-PW, with steel True Temper Dynamic S300 stiff flex shafts.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Cobra MIM
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? It seems like "the goldilocks" irons for still having a players look with power and forgiveness.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4-PW Dart V 105 F4

1. Callaway Razr X forged
2. Forgiveness and added distance with the feel of forged
3- current set up is: 5-AW, stiff rifle shafts

WS is very underrated
Good luck and God bless to all

1. Callaway Razr X forged
2. Forgiveness and added distance with the feel of forged
3- current set up is: 5-AW, stiff rifle shafts

WS is very underrated
Good luck and God bless to all

Well this awesome. Good luck to all who enter.

1. I currently play Titleist T100S (2021) irons.
2. What intrigues me the most is the power hole and how it was moved/elongated out towards the toe which is where my most common miss occurs. Would be awesome to mitigate that miss as much as possible.
3. I run 4i-PW with AMT Tour White X100, 2° flat and 1° strong.

Also have a Wilson AI Fit location near me and would be happy to go through the fitting.

1. Srixon z-785 irons
2. These looks like the perfect balance of performance, power and feel for thr better ball striker. I have played pure blades on the past but need some more forgiveness than I used to. These are beauty’s to look at and hope to be chosen to review! Currently 1.9 index and swing driver at 115 mph
3. 4i-PW. Dynamic gold TI x-100

I've had my Titlest DCI irons for almost 30 years. They served me well when I was younger. I hit them well; good distance, height, and accuracy. I was away from the game for almost 15 years and now that I'm retired, I play regularly 2 to 3 times a week. I've lost a lot of distance and accuracy over the years and am looking for a set of irons that are easier to swing and are more forgiving. I've been to the local pro shop at least 15 times in the last month trying out many different 'game improvement' irons. One club that I really liked hitting was the Wilson Dynapower. I would make the most of this opportunity and offer regular feedback and performance data.
1) my current irons are Titlest DCI oversized (circa 1988 ish)
2) I am intrigued by the new 'game improvement' class of irons. They seem to offer more distance and forgiveness. Exactly what I'm looking for.
3) current iron set is: 4 - AW, & SW with steel regular flex shafts.

1. AP2’s 5-GW
2. The forgiveness with a players iron look
3. 3I and 4I Titleist UMB, 5I-GW AP2’s with Modos 120’s in all the shafts

1. Currently play old Cleveland TA5 but was recently fitted into Ping i530’s. Should be in in 2 weeks

2. I believe my swing fits the Dynapower Forged irons. Watched some detailed YouTube reviews and they test out very forgiving especially with a toe bias which is what I’m looking for. The 3 clubs I wanted to try out in my fitting were the Mizuno Pro 245 Ping i530’s and the Dynapower Forged. Fitter didn’t have the Wilson’s and the Pings beat out the Muzuno’s

3. Ping set shafted with DG mid 100 regular flex. Played around with the lofts. PW 42 9-7 in retro spec loft (38,34.5, 31) got another 7 in the power spec at 31.5

Mid handicap (9-11). 7 iron swing speed 81-83 during the fitting Play around 36-45 holes a wk but hit balls 7 days a wk. Would love the opportunity I didn’t get during the fitting to put these 2 sets head to head.

#1 currently I play Wilson D9.
#2 the comments about feel and feedback.
#3 Wilson dynapower driver with Atmos a-glex shaft. Wilson D200 3. 5 & 7. Woods with reg flex shafts. Wilson D9 irons, 4-GW with KBS reg flex shafts. Cleveland CTX sand & lob wedges. But now need to move up to graphite shafts on my irons.

1. Which irons do you currently play?
Wilson Ci7, got them in 2008.
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
I'm a tennis pro and have been a wilson ambassador, teaching with and playing wilson my whole playing and teaching career, I had hip replacement surgery in Feb. and have been cleared to go....I have hit the D9 forged and loved them but wasn't able to play any golf, I've read up on the Dynapower reviews and hear only good things. I've been hitting the range every day and would love to review these clubs!
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?
Wilson Ci7, 4-G, True Temper TX-105 stiff flex...

1. Mizuno JPX-923 Hot Metal Pro is my current Irons. 2. I got the chance to hit the 7 iron warming up for a fairway wood fitting recently and was amazed with the feel and consistency when it wasn't in my specs. I used to have Wilson irons with fat shafts and I loved them. Based on this I was considering getting fit for a set and making switch if numbers were right. 3. My current set make up is 6 thru gap wedge UST Recoil Dart 65 regular flex 1 inch long and heads 3 degrees upright.

1. Mizuno JPX-923 Hot Metal Pro is my current Irons. 2. I got the chance to hit the 7 iron warming up for a fairway wood fitting recently and was amazed with the feel and consistency when it wasn't in my specs. I used to have Wilson irons with fat shafts and I loved them. Based on this I was considering getting fit for a set and making switch if numbers were right. 3. My current set make up is 6 thru gap wedge UST Recoil Dart 65 regular flex 1 inch long and heads 3 degrees upright.

For those of you new to THP, please consider joining the Albatros Club. More info on the Club can be found at the link below.

2024 Albatross Club

1. Which irons do you currently play? I've been playing the Cobra Forged Tec X but just put the Forged Tecs back in the bag a couple weeks ago.
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The AI variable face thickness and the Low CG and high MOI. Also the Power Hole 3.0 because it has to be right.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-gw Forged Tec w/ C-Taper Lite 115 x-stiff or 5-gw Forged Tec X Black w/ C-Taper Lite 115 stiff.

I currently play Wilson D7’s. KB 80 shafts. Set is 4-G. Wilson has been in my bag for years, Fat shafts, Di9, and a couple more. Love my D7’s however, steel shafts are a bit heavy now. I’ve never played a forged iron set. I’ve read rave reviews and watched countless videos. I’d love to experience the softer feel that all describe and be able to work the ball better.

Nice opp for some folks to test an interesting set of irons. Not an entry from me but I’ll be interested in following the testing. I’m an old Wilson user.

1. Currently play Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal irons.
2. These are some great looking irons. I'm intrigued with their "great blend of playability, distance and forgiveness." And the Power Hole configuration and face thicknesses designed by AI. They sound perfect for my game.
3. My setup is 4 through sand wedge with Aerotech Steelfiber i110 in regular flex.

Last edited:
1. Which irons do you currently play?
Dynatour DSX T1 irons from the mid-1990s

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
Ample forgiveness, more (and more recent) technology. Plus, my son (13) is slightly better than I am with his fancy new Wilson CB Staff irons and I need a modern set to compete with him.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?
3-PW, steel shafts, stiff with absolutely no flex. And, an old Tour Edge 60 Lob Wedge.

Kinda jealous of everyone that is entering this contest! Can’t wait to see who gets chosen.

Watched a Club Champion video on these. Definitely seems like there’s some fun to be had with different shaft combinations. Pretty hot off the face but also very consistent. Supposedly the faces feel a little more firm which I think adds to the fun of hitting an iron in this category

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back