LOST ****Spoilers Alert****

Anybody got any guesses who Jack's baby's momma is? I say Julia.

I want to believe that but I can't get past his blue eyes a la Kate...not sure what Julia had...need to go watch V real quick

I want to believe that but I can't get past his blue eyes a la Kate...not sure what Julia had...need to go watch V real quick

She got them baby blues too. At first I thought Kate as well but didn't they see each other on the plane and just brushed each other off?

Remember Jack's kid last night saying 'dont be weird, Dad'......maybe that's Jack 'being weird' and has done that to Kate in front of him before
She got them baby blues too. At first I thought Kate as well but didn't they see each other on the plane and just brushed each other off?

Remember Jack's kid last night saying 'dont be weird, Dad'......maybe that's Jack 'being weird' and has done that to Kate in front of him before

I think they're all effing weird. Did you see Sawyer's look in the jail to Kate? He so wants to tap that.

Anyone else want to pimp slap young Jacob besides me?

Anyone else want to pimp slap young Jacob besides me?

yeah, he was the smart math kid you wanted to beat up while you failed math....or maybe that was just me

If Juliet is Jack's ex then that kind of messes up the Sawyer/Juliet true love thing but it still definitely could be her. It won't be Kate because as you said, they saw each other on 815 back and didn't seem to recognize each other "personally" as you would with an ex.
Ben's story is not done yet. He will either be a hero or the goat.....

yeah, he was the smart math kid you wanted to beat up while you failed math....or maybe that was just me

I'm Asian... math and I are like BFF's. :D

He just annoyed me like Anthony Michael Hall's character in The Breakfast Club.

Wow...just wow. I thought that was a great ending to the series. It leaves some stuff up to interpretation, which I think is great because that is how the entire series operated. I'm glad the writers didn't just spoon feed us all the answers we were looking for; I would have felt disappointed.

Since this is a character based show, and all the characters got resolution, I feel that they couldn't have ended the series any better than by reuniting everyone. Plus, Jack's slow walk of death to the same spot where the show started, and ended with the closing of his eyes...brilliant.

Wow...just wow. I thought that was a great ending to the series. It leaves some stuff up to interpretation, which I think is great because that is how the entire series operated. I'm glad the writers didn't just spoon feed us all the answers we were looking for; I would have felt disappointed.

Since this is a character based show, and all the characters got resolution, I feel that they couldn't have ended the series any better than by reuniting everyone. Plus, Jack's slow walk of death to the same spot where the show started, and ended with the closing of his eyes...brilliant.

i agree completely! perfect ending to a fantastic show! i love how it came full circle.

Could not agree more. The mythology of the island could never be fully explained and in the end it didn't really matter. They told you everything you needed to know. The events on the island were real and just like in real life things are not always explained. The flash sideways was a purgatory(for Jack?) and the souls that were important to Jack all came together in the end. They were no longer Lost. I don't think I've ever been more invested in a show and to end it to my complete satisfaction is amazing. The word epic truly describes this series. I've always gone back to the first episode because LindleCuse always said the answer was in the first episode and to have it all come back to Christian Shepherd(apt naming) was perfect. I'm not too manly to admit tears were shed. Sometimes in a series(mainly shows like Survivor) the entire season is ruined because of the outcome. This finale just made the six years time well spent.

Could not agree more. The mythology of the island could never be fully explained and in the end it didn't really matter. They told you everything you needed to know. The events on the island were real and just like in real life things are not always explained. The flash sideways was a purgatory(for Jack?) and the souls that were important to Jack all came together in the end. They were no longer Lost. I don't think I've ever been more invested in a show and to end it to my complete satisfaction is amazing. The word epic truly describes this series. I've always gone back to the first episode because LindleCuse always said the answer was in the first episode and to have it all come back to Christian Shepherd(apt naming) was perfect. I'm not too manly to admit tears were shed. Sometimes in a series(mainly shows like Survivor) the entire season is ruined because of the outcome. This finale just made the six years time well spent.

well said CL, i think you're assessment is spot on, and yes, it was quite emotional.

Ok I'm going to be in the minority here but here goes....

Good episode not great. Parts were great up until the ending. If the show was meant to be spiritual, etc then the ending would've been perfect but all along we heard 'it's not about religion, etc.' I cry BS a that's exactly what it turned out to be. There were WAY too many story lines and questions either not answered, ignored, or not tied up evenn after they were introduced, some even within the last month or so. Overall I feel that this is a top 3 TV show of my TV watching experience but the ending could've been so much better especially with where I thouhgt they were taking the episode after the first hour had passed. The main question that needed to be answered was 'how did everyone die?'

Ok I'm going to be in the minority here but here goes....

Good episode not great. Parts were great up until the ending. If the show was meant to be spiritual, etc then the ending would've been perfect but all along we heard 'it's not about religion, etc.' I cry BS a that's exactly what it turned out to be. There were WAY too many story lines and questions either not answered, ignored, or not tied up evenn after they were introduced, some even within the last month or so. Overall I feel that this is a top 3 TV show of my TV watching experience but the ending could've been so much better especially with where I thouhgt they were taking the episode after the first hour had passed. The main question that needed to be answered was 'how did everyone die?'

they died in the plane crash, at least that's my take. the island was kind of like a "tweener zone" where the deceased had to find whatever peace it was before moving on to heaven or hell. that's why characters like michael were always "stuck" on the island, his actions meant an eternity stuck on the island or whatever it was meant to represent. Jack could finally leave the island, albeit via "death", b/c he had come to peace with his role/existence/death. who knows really.

this is exactly my point...this episode should have answered all the questions without room for interpretation.

they died in the plane crash, at least that's my take. the island was kind of like a "tweener zone" where the deceased had to find whatever peace it was before moving on to heaven or hell. that's why characters like michael were always "stuck" on the island, his actions meant an eternity stuck on the island or whatever it was meant to represent. Jack could finally leave the island, albeit via "death", b/c he had come to peace with his role/existence/death. who knows really.

That's not how I understood it.
Christian tells Jack, "Some died before you and some after you" and they made a point to show Hurley telling Ben he was a good #2 and Ben telling Hurley he was a good #1. Hurley and Ben may have ruled over the island for hundreds of years after Jack passes on. The survivors that got off the island with Frank in the Ajira plane went on to live the rest of their lives and die in the real world.
That means that in the whole island story line 'whatever happened, happened" for real. It was the sideways timeline that was "purgatory" for lack of a better word. And when they all had their "flashes" they realized that and knew it was time to move on....

Ive never seen a minute of this show, and now I must ask all

Was it worth it?

Yes indeed. Some of the best writing and acting on any drama show that's ever been on TV in my opinion. Sure they didn't answer all of the questions the viewers wanted answered....but we all knew they wouldn't!

Christian tells Jack, "Some died before you and some after you" and they made a point to show Hurley telling Ben he was a good #2 and Ben telling Hurley he was a good #1. Hurley and Ben may have ruled over the island for hundreds of years after Jack passes on. The survivors that got off the island with Frank in the Ajira plane went on to live the rest of their lives and die in the real world.
That means that in the whole island story line 'whatever happened, happened" for real. It was the sideways timeline that was "purgatory" for lack of a better word. And when they all had their "flashes" they realized that and knew it was time to move on....

I'm pretty sure this is how it is.

The sideways timeline wasn't so much a flash-sideways, but a flash-future-who-knows-how-long. Pretty much everyone lived there life and died. They were all alive on the island and experienced everything they had before the flash-forward ever happened.

Desmond though could see into the future. He just didn't know that the future he was looking into was where everyone had already died and met in their "happy place".

I didum see it last night, will have to wait until I get back. They were having a huge LOST party last night. We even went to the Byodo-in temple where Jin proposed to Sun.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

That's pretty much how I interpreted the ending as well. As Christain mentioned, "it was real. The island was real". (Which is evident because Hurler tells Ben he was a great # 2 and Ben replies that he was a great # 1)

I don't believe that the sideway's reality was a purgatory though. I think it was a place of existence created by the survivors who could not accept their fate, (as Christian said, "it was a place you all built together, so you could find one another again") in which Desmond helped bring everyone together by helping them "remember" and accept their fate. The phrases "letting go" and "moving on" and "leaving" were used quite a bit, and I think they refer to accepting what "really" happened instead of the alternate life created in the sideways-reality. Ben, by waiting outside the church, was wracked with guilt and still could not accept all the things he had done, especially killing Locke. Ben just wasn't ready to go inside and accept it yet.

The ending was the most powerful part of the episode with Jack laying on the ground smiling as he was dying, accepting his fate, as the same time as him "moving on" form his alternate reality.

I actually want to watch the series again. Thank goodness for netflix.

The ending was the most powerful part of the episode with Jack laying on the ground smiling as he was dying, accepting his fate, as the same time as him "moving on" form his alternate reality

No kidding- that seriously well done. Very understated.
Have no idea why, but I totally choked up about the fact the dog came to him and lied down at the end so he wouldn't die alone. (remember "live together or die alone"). Totally killed me.

Crapton of loose ends, and the entire story could have been told in 3 seasons by cutting out the development of stuff that never panned out (walt's special in a spooky way, babies can't be born on the island- but what about MIB and Jacob, who made the wheel that moves the island and why does turning the wheel make the island move while the turner winds up in tunisia, etc..), but the end pretty much wraped up the important stuff like why they were brought to the island and what happens to them in the end.

Sounds like they needed one more season to answer all the questions, like the ending was a little rushed.

Here is a neat comparison. This shows the first 108 seconds of Lost played in reverse as compared to the last 108 seconds of Lost. This has very close similarities. I wonder of the producers did this on purpose.

[video=youtube;PK7CJ_2K-1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7CJ_2K-1E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

So we finally saw the series finale just now...I'm SOOO CONFUSED :nono: If they all ended up dying, then what is the island and what was with all the flash sideways/forwards/whatever?!?!? I def. liked the part about Juliet and Sawyer, that was really cute and sweet. I have to admit, I did get a little teary eyed, but all that was in confusion haa haa

So we finally saw the series finale just now...I'm SOOO CONFUSED :nono: If they all ended up dying, then what is the island and what was with all the flash sideways/forwards/whatever?!?!? I def. liked the part about Juliet and Sawyer, that was really cute and sweet. I have to admit, I did get a little teary eyed, but all that was in confusion haa haa

Dont worry Im right there with you. I think they rushed it and didnt clear things up as well as they could have, IMO.

Back