Matrix Radix Shaft

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I was excited to receive my first shaft as an equipment tester for THP. I was sent the Radix HD 6 from Matrix and I am very excited about putting this shaft through the paces.

I don't want to divulge too much information so I don't spoil my review but I did want to share some pictures with you guys. I will also say, that after doing a fair amount of research on Matrix's website, http://www.matrixshafts.com/en/00Home/00index_m.php , I have to tell you that I am very excited about putting this shaft into play.

This shaft was also at the 2011 THP Outing/Demo day and I would like for those who tried the shaft to put their thoughts and finding in this thread.

Here's some pics for you guys. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous in the R11.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

My absolute favorite picture!!!

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

I've put the shaft into play for one round as well as one range session and my initial thoughts are pretty simple: it will probably be staying in the driver!!!!

Man that shaft looks great in the driver TC and I look forward to more of your thoughts. I put this shaft in my R9 for a few swings at the demo day and I liked what I saw. Very nice feeling shaft and it looks even better in person.

Man that shaft looks great in the driver TC and I look forward to more of your thoughts. I put this shaft in my R9 for a few swings at the demo day and I liked what I saw. Very nice feeling shaft and it looks even better in person.

I think you hit the nail on the head buddy, it's great feeling, it offers a great ball flight for me, and the best part......

Spoiler
it's very, very affordable!

I know that THP is full of shaft junkies, and I would seriously recommend they look hard at this shaft in particular. Ball flight is the most important thing I look for in a shaft, and I can tell you that I really like what I see out of this one. I'd like to call it, ideal, hahaha. I might even be inclined to call the color Carolina blue!

Curious how you compare this to other shafts we tested there. Do you think it's a higher flight? Mid flight?etc?

I wish I had more hours in the day dpfor our demo day I must have looked right past this one!

During my testing at demo day, I came away really impressed with how well the Matrix Radix fit my swing.

I also loved hearing from numerous people how much this one was working for them.

Curious how you compare this to other shafts we tested there. Do you think it's a higher flight? Mid flight?etc?

I wish I had more hours in the day dpfor our demo day I must have looked right past this one!

I'm seeing a nice mid-flight with the shaft. It's a little bit lower than what I'm seeing with my Fubuki. It's almost predictable, even after 1 round. For me, it launches similar to what I see with the RIP, but it feels a hell of a lot better.

During my testing at demo day, I came away really impressed with how well the Matrix Radix fit my swing.

I also loved hearing from numerous people how much this one was working for them.

It reminds me a lot of my old Kusala Black JB, especially in the feel department. It's just smooth and responsive.

That shaft does look sexy on that R11. Curious to hear your thoughts on it.

I'm seeing a nice mid-flight with the shaft. It's a little bit lower than what I'm seeing with my Fubuki. It's almost predictable, even after 1 round. For me, it launches similar to what I see with the RIP, but it feels a hell of a lot better.

Whoa....That is crazy weird. I turned to Hawk at the demo day and said "Its performance is what I saw out of the RIP, but with a good feel". Hmmmm.

Whoa....That is crazy weird. I turned to Hawk at the demo day and said "Its performance is what I saw out of the RIP, but with a good feel". Hmmmm.

hahaha, it's the truth though. That is funny. I love the ball flight so far. I was shocked with how well it performed straight out of the gate. And like I said, the price point is awesome.

That thing just looks bad arse with the R11 head.

i love the color.. i know i know but i like shafts with a different coloors and cool graphics on them!!!

The black grip already looks great, but I bet a white grip to go with the R11 head would look amazing.

Great looking shaft and the website's kind of cool, but I'b be hard pressed to replace my current shaft

The black grip already looks great, but I bet a white grip to go with the R11 head would look amazing.

I think a white grip will be going on it as soon as I trim it down a bit. I'll be sure to take more pics when I do.

Great looking shaft and the website's kind of cool, but I'b be hard pressed to replace my current shaft

Don't count your chickens Duey. I never thought I'd find anything better than my Miyazaki Black, and truth be told, I don't really miss it. This Radix shaft is legit, very, very legit.

Pretty awesome how you already think its staying in the bag or on the club. Thats a strong statement to how good it worked for you. The only thing it needs is a real grip haha

Don't count your chickens Duey. I never thought I'd find anything better than my Miyazaki Black, and truth be told, I don't really miss it. This Radix shaft is legit, very, very legit.

This will be a fun one to follow, I hope your right TC.

Pretty awesome how you already think its staying in the bag or on the club. Thats a strong statement to how good it worked for you. The only thing it needs is a real grip haha

You don't like the PURE's? I quite like them, but I think the grip has to be white for this driver/shaft combo. I'm very impressed so far Kmac, and you know I don't mess around.

This will be a fun one to follow, I hope your right TC.

Time will tell huh duey? I'm pretty jazzed about it so far.

You don't like the PURE's? I quite like them, but I think the grip has to be white for this driver/shaft combo. I'm very impressed so far Kmac, and you know I don't mess around.

Time will tell huh duey? I'm pretty jazzed about it so far.

I hate them. Just awful grips IMO

Well, fortunately for me, it has little to do with how the Radix performs.

Very true bro. Im impressed with this shaft already and Ive never even seen it.

This was my 2nd choice when I got my driver. I liked the feel and ball flight. Surprisingly, it was more expensive than the PX from Ping. The Radix is not the top of Matrix's line. I shudder to think what the highest end ones cost. Anyway, the PX was like a revelation when I hit it. Powerful, stable, incredible flight. That the Radix almost knocked the PX out says something. My fitting process was not ideal, long story, and I still came away extremely impressed with the Radix. Looks sexy too.

I might even be inclined to call the color Carolina blue!

Is it bad that this was the first thing that I thought of when I saw that you were testing this shaft, and I was all set to make a joke about it, and then you steal my thunder!

All kidding aside, I'm interested to hear your feedback on this shaft. I'm playing a Fubuki 73 stiff right now, and while I don't necessarily need a lower ballflight which is what you said happens with this shaft compared to the Fubuki, I have a suspicion that I need to cut down on my spin. Any thoughts on that?

Is it bad that this was the first thing that I thought of when I saw that you were testing this shaft, and I was all set to make a joke about it, and then you steal my thunder!

All kidding aside, I'm interested to hear your feedback on this shaft. I'm playing a Fubuki 73 stiff right now, and while I don't necessarily need a lower ballflight which is what you said happens with this shaft compared to the Fubuki, I have a suspicion that I need to cut down on my spin. Any thoughts on that?

Hard to say ary, as I haven't gotten on the vector yet, but I will for sure. Based on one round of play, I suspect spin to be similar to my Fubuki (I have the 63 in stiff), if not lower. I was just shocked that it worked so well so quickly. That's always a good thing. It is a beautiful color, it would look great in your bag, haha

Do you have any idea how this compares to the Xcon 5, or the Xcon 6 for that matter. Was there an R11 with the Xcon 5 at demo day?

Kevin

Back