Matrix Radix Shaft

I'm buying the HD6 in X on the bay with the tip already installed right now. You guys have me all ho-nay for this thing! I hate the lack of feel in my D3 with the "made for" Ahina.

This is the shaft that I was fit for in my Callaway Razr Fit Driver....can't wait for it to get here!

I just received one to try in my r11 ti back up 3wd. It seems just a titch lower than my rip beta (not that its a bad thing) that I have been using and feels pretty good as well. I do have a question tho. This may sound stupid, and forgive me if I'm blind as a bat, but where, if there even is one, is the flex designation on the shaft? I swear to God I can't find it anywhere. Kind of hard to tell if the right flex was sent if there is no marking. :confused2:

I really hope I'm not crazy, lol.

I just received one to try in my r11 ti back up 3wd. It seems just a titch lower than my rip beta (not that its a bad thing) that I have been using and feels pretty good as well. I do have a question tho. This may sound stupid, and forgive me if I'm blind as a bat, but where, if there even is one, is the flex designation on the shaft? I swear to God I can't find it anywhere. Kind of hard to tell if the right flex was sent if there is no marking. :confused2:

I really hope I'm not crazy, lol.

You aren't crazy my man. Matrix doesn't have the flex stamped on quite a few of their clubs. When you get them from them, there's a sticker attached to the butt end of the shaft that tells you the flex on it.

I also find it interesting that you are seeing a lower launch than the Beta. I've said it from the first time I tested the Radix and that's that it launches much lower than I would've ever imagined. Especially b/c Matrix says it's more of a mid/high launching shaft.

It feels wicked doesn't it?

This is the shaft that I was fit for in my Callaway Razr Fit Driver....can't wait for it to get here!

This shaft is going to be sick in the Fit. I have it in the Razr Hawk now and love it. Straight bombs all day long!

I have this fitted on my Vr Pro Str8-Fit 9.5* driver and it's an absolute dream to use...couldn't be happier.

You aren't crazy my man. Matrix doesn't have the flex stamped on quite a few of their clubs. When you get them from them, there's a sticker attached to the butt end of the shaft that tells you the flex on it.

I also find it interesting that you are seeing a lower launch than the Beta. I've said it from the first time I tested the Radix and that's that it launches much lower than I would've ever imagined. Especially b/c Matrix says it's more of a mid/high launching shaft.

It feels wicked doesn't it?

Yes it does. "Wicked" is a good word to describe it because it doesn't totally act the way you would think its supposed to. It isn't anywhere near boardy feeling, yet it almost looks as though it wants to lean in that direction trajectory-wise. There aren't many shafts I've met in the range from medium all the way down to very soft feel-wise that DONT want to get way up in the air. It's like the best of both worlds. You get that kicky feel of a softer-ish shaft w/o the balloony flight usually associated with them. Does that make sense?

Yes it does. "Wicked" is a good word to describe it because it doesn't totally act the way you would think its supposed to. It isn't anywhere near boardy feeling, yet it almost looks as though it wants to lean in that direction trajectory-wise. There aren't many shafts I've met in the range from medium all the way down to very soft feel-wise that DONT want to get way up in the air. It's like the best of both worlds. You get that kicky feel of a softer-ish shaft w/o the balloony flight usually associated with them. Does that make sense?

That absolutely makes sense. I think I even said in my review that it offered a lower flight than most things I've tested, which kind of goes against what this shaft is touted for. I'm glad you like it though.

Tried out my new Radix 6 in X tonight in my D3 and was totally blown away. You guys described the characteristics of this shaft with deadly precision. I was absolutely pounding it. I don't know how far, but this mid-hi trajectory is what I've always wanted. Completely connected to the club head is what I felt. Thanks everyone!

Glad you like it. I gotta admit that for me personally, I give TC total credit for my purchase. After reading his testing and feedback I was darn near sold. The pics of what the club looked like with the white vdr and white head didn't hurt either:in-love:

Back