Has anyone seen the the Maxfli Softfli in "gloss" yellow, besides Carolina Golfer? Have not been to DSG, or GG recently to see if they are available. A lot of this line is based on matte finish, other than the original gloss white. You can even get a matte white, with logos of different kinds. Season is winding down here in the Chicago area. Weather this week has been just beautiful, for the middle of November. 67 today for the high...

They are not seen online. Just in my local store in Cary, NC. The yellow color looks really good and maybe similar to the Maxfli Tour.

They are not seen online. Just in my local store in Cary, NC. The yellow color looks really good and maybe similar to the Maxfli Tour.
Yeah, I was asking if anyone else saw them in a store. I know I have never seen gloss yellow Softfli, as I have not been to DSG, or GG, in some time. Maybe over the weekend I might take a ride. Might buy something for my birthday! Turned 67 today! Have a round scheduled for tomorrow, with this run of beautiful weather in mid November. Normally not even thinking of playing, usually too cold! Been just absolutely beautiful weather all this week. As a side note, renewed my CDL for possibly the last time. Hopefully I will be retired in the next year...

Good luck on the retirement plans!

I am awaiting delivery of my new yellow Tour Response golf balls.
Teeing off with the 4iron has immensely helped by avoiding searches for a balls in the fall leaves that cover the course!

Good luck on the retirement plans!

I am awaiting delivery of my new yellow Tour Response golf balls.
Teeing off with the 4iron has immensely helped by avoiding searches for a balls in the fall leaves that cover the course!
I have tried that ball a couple of times, but lose them way too fast. Too much spin off my driver. Love them around the green, and for me, distance was not that good, as compared to my current ball. Don't hit irons off the tee, except for par 3's, unless I need to stay out of trouble on par 4's, and 5's.

I have tried that ball a couple of times, but lose them way too fast. Too much spin off my driver. Love them around the green, and for me, distance was not that good, as compared to my current ball. Don't hit irons off the tee, except for par 3's, unless I need to stay out of trouble on par 4's, and 5's.
Most likely you swing faster than I do. Most players do. But, I can work a urethane ball with my driver to make the course play easier, not harder. Big difference!
Two shots with a 4 iron and a wedge out the bunker for an easy two putt is a perfectly acceptable bogey save! If it isn't in the fairway I'd rather have it in the bunker than in the rough on a normal day. On cold Fall day the bunkers are free of leaves! No searching for the ball! I've heard a guy tell his wife to put him down for a dozen strokes on that hole. The ball rolled off the tilted fairway....

Most likely you swing faster than I do. Most players do. But, I can work a urethane ball with my driver to make the course play easier, not harder. Big difference!
Two shots with a 4 iron and a wedge out the bunker for an easy two putt is a perfectly acceptable bogey save! If it isn't in the fairway I'd rather have it in the bunker than in the rough on a normal day. On cold Fall day the bunkers are free of leaves! No searching for the ball! I've heard a guy tell his wife to put him down for a dozen strokes on that hole. The ball rolled off the tilted fairway....
I only swing about 80 mph with the driver. Urethane is great around the greens, but for me, is not good off the tee. Never could work the ball. Just give me "down the middle" for the most part, unless a certain approach is needed on my second. I like to play bogie golf. I don't put any pressure on myself to make par, unless it is a given.. I will take a third stroke to get on with a par 4, if I had a difficult second shot, ie: bad lie, tree(s) in the way, no line of sight to the green. No pressure, just bogie golf...

The cover of the golf ball has very little to do with spin off the tee.

Happy birthday @drb1956 and good luck with your retirement plans. Hope you got yourself something nice for your birthday.

Yesterday I lost my Srixon Softeel in the leaves on the 18th hole. Had played it the whole day. On the upside, while searching I found a Softfli that looks brand new. I will play it next time and see how it compares to the soft feels.

I stay away from yellow balls due to the range using yellow balls and it being between the 1st and 10th holes. Since the first is to the left, there will be a few range balls to be found, but the 10th is usually littered with them! Teeing off first does have its disadvantage as the staff usually hasn't shown up to pick the range balls, especially on 10, until we are well past playing that hole.

The cover of the golf ball has very little to do with spin off the tee.
Fine! Then explain to me why I shank the better balls into the woods faster then a value ball. And why would those on here that play the better balls complain about the ball being "to spinny" off the tee, or around the green. Tired of the same old argument!! I do not have a good swing, and those better balls need a good swing, especially off the tee. Hell, my value ball spins off the tee! Not spending $40-$50+ on a dozen, to just hit them into the woods. Urethane exagerates my not so perfect swing, off of any club I use. With a low compression(35) value ball, I stand a chance to get the ball in the fairway. I have tried the lower compression better balls, and they do not work for my swing, at this time...

Fine! Then explain to me why I shank the better balls into the woods faster then a value ball. And why would those on here that play the better balls complain about the ball being "to spinny" off the tee, or around the green. Tired of the same old argument!! I do not have a good swing, and those better balls need a good swing, especially off the tee. Hell, my value ball spins off the tee! Not spending $40-$50+ on a dozen, to just hit them into the woods. Urethane exagerates my not so perfect swing, off of any club I use. With a low compression(35) value ball, I stand a chance to get the ball in the fairway. I have tried the lower compression better balls, and they do not work for my swing, at this time...
Couple of things. A shank has nothing to do with spin.

Could it be a mental block? Sure. But the cover of the golf ball isn’t altering the amount of spin on the most violent strikes.

It’s not to say it never is, a swiping and glancing blow by a driver can be exacerbated a small amount by cover material, but generally speaking it’s not the cover.

I want to add that nobody is telling you what you should play or how much you should spend. If you want to spend nothing and play range balls, that works for me. We never care.

Spin off the tee comes from what is being generated at the core. It used to be a simple ratio of lower compression equals lower spin and slightly lower speed and higher compression equaling higher spin and slightly higher speed. That’s not really the case anymore with advanced mantle layers and gradient cores. A firm ball can still be low spin.

Play what you want. Play what makes you happy. It’s the only thing we care about on this website, as long as we can help educate the who and the why and help with facts.

Couple of things. A shank has nothing to do with spin.

Could it be a mental block? Sure. But the cover of the golf ball isn’t altering the amount of spin on the most violent strikes.

It’s not to say it never is, a swiping and glancing blow by a driver can be exacerbated a small amount by cover material, but generally speaking it’s not the cover.

I want to add that nobody is telling you what you should play or how much you should spend. If you want to spend nothing and play range balls, that works for me. We never care.

Spin off the tee comes from what is being generated at the core. It used to be a simple ratio of lower compression equals lower spin and slightly lower speed and higher compression equaling higher spin and slightly higher speed. That’s not really the case anymore with advanced mantle layers and gradient cores. A firm ball can still be low spin.

Play what you want. Play what makes you happy. It’s the only thing we care about on this website, as long as we can help educate the who and the why and help.
I have tried just about every ball out there, from ProV's, to TF rocks, playing this game since 1998. I hsve taken a few lessons, and 2 swing evaluations. I have found that soft, low comp. balls work best for me. Whether or not the cover does or doesn't affect spin, the "tour" type balls just do not work for me. Been there, done that!! I would love to play a 3-piece urethane ball, because I DO know it is BEST for my game. But with my inconsistent swing, not happening. Yesterday lost 5 balls in a round of 18 holes. Not a good day off the tee, with leaves on the ground, and a couple of shanks into the trees. If I played a tour type ball, figure about $25 in lost balls. With my current ball, figure I lost about $8-10. It really isn't about the money, but after a while, losing a couple of dozen over the season, it can get pricey. Maybe I should take a few swing lessons. Then get a ball fitting. Maybe when I retire, I will have more time to devote to this game. Appreciate your response...

Managed to get in one more round before the snow and cold take over! Not a good day for me. Lost 5-6 Softflis, a couple of them just because of leaves. Did not play well, and lost my cool on one hole. Should have just not played that day. If my playing partners never want to play wih me again, I deserve it.. The Softfli felt good off all my clubs, even though it was chili. Mid 50's to start the round at 11:40. By 3, it was breezy, overcast, 40ish, and I just wanted to be done with the round. Can't blame the ball, when it was plainly operator error. Will "possibly" be looking at some lessons in the off season, to help correct the inconsistent manner of my swing. The Softfli did putt well, though I was inconsistent with a full swing...

I LOVE Maxfli Softfli balls (gloss yellow finish)! I also have tried Maxfli Trifli 2022 model and the Tour ball. Softfli is still my favorite, regardless of the price. They just feel good to me. I have 80-85 swing speed.
I’m not a matte finish fan. So, the new yellow gloss Softfli this year was nice surprise.

I tested a lot of balls this year including Softfli, Straightfli and TriFli (and Tour). I really liked Straightfli because it seemed to live up to its name. I also liked TriFli but the price is so close to Tour that I don't know if it makes sense. Softfli was too soft for me - but if that's your preference, I think it's a great choice. I think all the Maxfli balls are really great values (always on sale, buy in bulk). Glad to see they're adding gloss yellow options as I personally prefer gloss to matte. Find a ball that fits your budget and gives you confidence, and hope they keep making them!

I LOVE Maxfli Softfli balls (gloss yellow finish)! I also have tried Maxfli Trifli 2022 model and the Tour ball. Softfli is still my favorite, regardless of the price. They just feel good to me. I have 80-85 swing speed.
I’m not a matte finish fan. So, the new yellow gloss Softfli this year was nice surprise.
I have to get to Dicks to see if the have the Softfli in gloss yellow!! I love the new matte yellow, and I will love the gloss if it is anything like the matte.. Have to see if they are here in the Chicago area...

I tested a lot of balls this year including Softfli, Straightfli and TriFli (and Tour). I really liked Straightfli because it seemed to live up to its name. I also liked TriFli but the price is so close to Tour that I don't know if it makes sense. Softfli was too soft for me - but if that's your preference, I think it's a great choice. I think all the Maxfli balls are really great values (always on sale, buy in bulk). Glad to see they're adding gloss yellow options as I personally prefer gloss to matte. Find a ball that fits your budget and gives you confidence, and hope they keep making them!
It is definitely a niche ball. It is for those of us that 1- don't want to spend $$$ on tour type balls. 2- we're just ocassional players, with high caps, and lose a few, sometimes more than a few. 3- our swing speed is such, as in low #'s, that the high comp. balls feel like a brick. 4- we are just not good, consistent players. 5- maybe we are just cheap! Whatever the reason, it is a great value, and not a bad ball. Plays as well as the Callaway Supersoft IMHO...

I know for me, the Maxfli Softfli is my favorite of any ball I have used, and I've tested plenty. I also have the Maxfli Tour balls (and still like the feel of the Softfli better, even as the Tours are wonderful balls. And I have the TriFli but do not think they are worth the mark up from the Softfli, even as they are an above average ball for me)
I've used Callaway Super Soft (but don't like how sluggish they are off the putter)
I've used Srixon SoftFeel but don't like how slick the covers feel, they don't grip for me like the Softfli does.
I've tried Bridgestone e6 and e12 but they felt like rocks to me when I hit them, and they seem to fly off my putter.
I've tried Cosco ball but it spun too much for me, and felt too hard
I've tried Prov1 and honestly couldn't make a noticeable difference for me as a high 80's-90's player, so saving the money.
I've tried the higher end Callaway and TaylorMade stuff, and didn't feel like it was making any difference for the higher price.

I finally just told myself that the Maxfli Softfli's are my ball, and I just planned to use them and get to know them so well that I could predict what would happen when I used one.
I love the feel of the shell......(gloss model.....which feels slightly tacky but not like a matte finish).
I love the feel off the putter as it is lively yet doesn't take off on me like some others do.
I like the feel on both irons and fairways/hybrids as it doesn't feel like a marshmallow or a rock......just right.

I know for me, the Maxfli Softfli is my favorite of any ball I have used, and I've tested plenty. I also have the Maxfli Tour balls (and still like the feel of the Softfli better, even as the Tours are wonderful balls. And I have the TriFli but do not think they are worth the mark up from the Softfli, even as they are an above average ball for me)
I've used Callaway Super Soft (but don't like how sluggish they are off the putter)
I've used Srixon SoftFeel but don't like how slick the covers feel, they don't grip for me like the Softfli does.
I've tried Bridgestone e6 and e12 but they felt like rocks to me when I hit them, and they seem to fly off my putter.
I've tried Prov1 and honestly couldn't make a noticeable difference for me as a high 80's-90's player, so saving the money.
I've tried the higher end Callaway and TaylorMade stuff, and didn't feel like it was making any difference for the higher price.

I finally just told myself that the Maxfli Softfli's are my ball, and I just planned to use them and get to know them so well that I could predict what would happen when I used one.
I love the feel of the shell......(gloss model.....which feels slightly tacky but not like a matte finish).
I love the feel off the putter as it is lively yet doesn't take off on me like some others do.
I like the feel on both irons and fairways/hybrids as it doesn't feel like a marshmallow or a rock......just right.
I just gotta get to DSG, to see if they have the gloss version.

I need to find these in gloss yellow. Wonder why they wouldn’t have them online?
I think they are a little older. I found some by accident at a DSG. Looked them up and I think they were from 2019 or 2020. I do like them better than the matte version as well.

I pretty much agree on everything you have said. Even though I still lose a few, I am pretty enthusiatic about this ball. Feels great off of all my clubs. With my 80 mph swing speed, it is right in my wheel house for good distance, and helps to keep me in the fairway most of the time, if my swing happens to show up that day. I have shot 90's rounds with this ball, but it sure felt like I was playing much better than the score would tell you. Anyway, I have tried a lot of 3-piece offerings out there, and just can't keep them in the bag. Have tried other 2-piece balls, with mixed feelings. Before the Softfli, I was playing the TopFlite Hammer Control. Not a bad ball by any means. Good distance, nice feel(70 comp.), even got it to check up with wedge shots. Felt good off the putter. Had a round in Myrtle Beach, SC., where I lost 15 balls in that round, every one in a water hazard of some kind. Off the tee, on approaches, you name it, ball was in the water. Gave the BIL's nephew a sleeve to play late on the front nine, and his game turned around on a dime. He was playing anything he found. Not anymore, he thought the Hammer Control was great. So, I finished the last 3 holes with the last sleeve in my bag. Made it to the 18th green, putted out, and gave the kid that sleeve too. Told my BIL we have to go to Dick's or Golf Galaxy, so I can buy more golf balls for tomorrow's round. We go there, and get to the ball section, and my BIL says, here is your ball, on the end cap here. I said not anymore, and went right to the Softfli's. I could not even look at the HC's after that round. I said I'm going to play an old friend, Maxfli Softfli. Then, they had them in the new matte yellow, which is really brite, and not like the matte green I had played previously. Bought the 2fer deal at $35, had a $10 reward coupon, and walked out pretty happy. Even the BIL said what a great deal that was. Played the next day, and it was a whole lot better. Only lost 2 balls, 1 went into a waste area and we just could not find it, the other into a water hazard from a bad tee shot. Felt really good off all my clubs, and putted pretty good. Distance control was good off the putter, direction needed a little work. When I got home(Chicago NW burbs)after that week, went to DSG, and bought the 4fer deal for $60. $15 a box, plus tax, is a good deal. Been playing them all summer. Only had one really bad round with the Softfli, and it was the last round of the season for me, in early Nov. Lost 6 Softfli's, and all off the tee. Lot of duffs in the fairway. Putter was just ok.. 110 for the last round does not leave me feeling too good about my game. Not the ball, I'm just not that consistent with my swing. All in all, I will be playing this ball next season, but in the mean time, I will be looking at GolfTec for some direction. I will look at their lesson packages, and see what is affordable, and what I need to get straightened out. The Softfli will be my gamer for now, and being such a great value, hard to pass up. It is the same price as the Callaway Supersoft, on a single box at $24.99.The flash sales on the Maxfli Softfli make it a great value, for the same ball, as far as I can tell. I played the SS for 3 seasons, then saw these at DSG, and I can't tell the difference. Both feel the same off my clubs to me. And I love the new yellow matte...

I think we could be brothers! Very much my story too.
By the way....I love the look of the matte finish balls, I just have a hard time with them in my brain if that makes sense. For some reason, I do better with gloss finish ones. I can't seem to find the Softfli yellow gloss on the website, but my location has them in the store (says 'new" on the packaging so they must be 2023's). I figured I better stock up because I didn't know if it was going to be a finish they would continue or if it was a test run. Love the Softfli yellow gloss ball! Those matte ones are cool too, just can't get my brain to do well with them......matte feels like the ball isn't done yet to my brain.

I think we could be brothers! Very much my story too.
By the way....I love the look of the matte finish balls, I just have a hard time with them in my brain if that makes sense. For some reason, I do better with gloss finish ones. I can't seem to find the Softfli yellow gloss on the website, but my location has them in the store (says 'new" on the packaging so they must be 2023's). I figured I better stock up because I didn't know if it was going to be a finish they would continue or if it was a test run. Love the Softfli yellow gloss ball! Those matte ones are cool too, just can't get my brain to do well with them......matte feels like the ball isn't done yet to my brain.
It is very possible! The matte finish is "kinda" like a urethane finish, if only in my mind. I like gloss finish, and so do my Cleveland CBX2 wedges. But I like yellow, and the matte finish was the only way at the time to get them. Got plenty of them to play in my stash. If the gloss is a new ball, might just have to get them...

Have been busy as late. Have not made it to DSG, and now it's the holiday season, I don't know if I want to go near a mall. Season is done here in the Chicago area, so golf is pretty low on my list right now. Still considering a lesson plan from GolfTec, possibly after the new year. Still, I have plenty of Maxfli Softfli yellow matte golf balls if I were to play a round. Some courses here stay open, weather permitting. Been really frosty here this week, but temps on the rise starting today. Have had highs in the 30's last couple of days, today will make to the mid 40's. By Xmas, it will be in the 50's, but possible rain. Crazy weather, and still not looking to play, as courses will not be at their best. Everyone have a nice Holiday!! And those of you that do play the Softfli, let's hear from you...

Back