Mizuno ST-G Titanium Fairway Woods

I returned my G430LS under my 90 day playability. I was coming in on the 90 days. I never got comfortable with it. I had a couple of really good rounds with it, but more often, I had trouble finding the sweet spot. The last two rounds that I played with it, I hit it four times and on three of the shots, I left myself in big trouble, leading to bogies, so I gave up on it. I like the deeper face of this Mizuno. I have always struggled with shallow faced fairway woods. Also, the feel/sound of the Mizuno is far far better than the Ping. Even when I hit the Ping well, I was put off by the sound.

As far as numbers, the two clubs were pretty much identical for me on well struck swings on the launch monitor.
I need to find the Mizuno now. Thanks

Look.

Look. At. That. Face!
Yeah pretty appealing. I just finished playing another round with it and it sounds weird (they all kinda do though), but it's been pretty money from a variety of positions again today. And with a poorly fit shaft. I'm going to put my usual Ventus in it this week if the weather allows.

Yeah pretty appealing. I just finished playing another round with it and it sounds weird (they all kinda do though), but it's been pretty money from a variety of positions again today. And with a poorly fit shaft. I'm going to put my usual Ventus in it this week if the weather allows.
But what would 3g of hotmelt do to that sound… 🤣

It sounds better than the G430 LS, but, of course, I am talking 3 wood.

I may have picked one up

It sounds better than the G430 LS, but, of course, I am talking 3 wood.
I don't know. I mean I don't think I'd mind it in the end if it performs because it doesn't hurt me ears, but it's odd.

I hit the 3 wood twice today, both times off The tee. The first time, I pushed it right, but was still in decent shape and hit the green for par. The second one was an absolute bullet that hit the fairway and rolled about 5 yards past another guy in our group who hit driver. He was a bit surprised. I think that I may have finally found my 3 wood, after a year long search.

I hit the 3 wood twice today, both times off The tee. The first time, I pushed it right, but was still in decent shape and hit the green for par. The second one was an absolute bullet that hit the fairway and rolled about 5 yards past another guy in our group who hit driver. He was a bit surprised. I think that I may have finally found my 3 wood, after a year long search.
Mine going into play tomorrow. Did you adjust at all?

Mine going into play tomorrow. Did you adjust at all?
Hit it well. I am not feeling like there is any adjustment at all with this one.

20231027_191834.jpg

My tees are under repair on this one, so they're down here with the whites. Never know if it comes through in pics but it's WAY uphill from here. I had the 3W turned up to try to mimic my 5w as best I could, and it was into a fairly significant breeze. I haven't seen anything that makes me question the idea that this G fairway gets it out there.

The 5 wood is amazing.
🔥 That's what I'm looking at.

I hate that I am, but it's just such a tough spot in my bag. It'll get a chance to compete against the current.

🔥 That's what I'm looking at.

I hate that I am, but it's just such a tough spot in my bag. It'll get a chance to compete against the current.
I'll have more when I get home.

I don’t know how many of these Mizuno will sell, but I am already convinced that this is as good as any fairway wood out there.

The 3W is sneaky good. While Vic National didn't provide a lot of opportunities for me to hit this off the deck (only hit 3 times) 2 of the 3 were loooooooong and straight. The 3rd was a horrid swing, that still went extremely long it just went right (very right). I need to get more swings in with this and get some numbers to see what we're working with here but I'm extremely excited about this weapon in the bag moving forward.

I'll be going from my ST-Z 3 wood to the ST-Z 230. Wondering how the 230 would compare to the ST-G? The 230 is likely the better choice for me, but curious. The G seems to remind me of the MP-Titanium. I've had a lot of vintage fairways, but that one was unbeleivable. Could honestly still be in the bag.

I was wondering how many opportunities VN provided these to be hit. Looks are in line to the shape I prefer.
The 3W is sneaky good. While Vic National didn't provide a lot of opportunities for me to hit this off the deck (only hit 3 times) 2 of the 3 were loooooooong and straight. The 3rd was a horrid swing, that still went extremely long it just went right (very right). I need to get more swings in with this and get some numbers to see what we're working with here but I'm extremely excited about this weapon in the bag moving forward.

I got the 5 wood. When I put a good swing on it, high launch and easy to hit. Looks really inviting behind the ball. I think it is going to be easy to hit and stay in the bag for awhile!

I'll be going from my ST-Z 3 wood to the ST-Z 230. Wondering how the 230 would compare to the ST-G? The 230 is likely the better choice for me, but curious. The G seems to remind me of the MP-Titanium. I've had a lot of vintage fairways, but that one was unbeleivable. Could honestly still be in the bag.
I can't speak to the ST-G but the ST-Z 5w was awesome for me at the Victory Cup and this weekend in another tournament at my home course. It launches easy enough for me and flies straight. I haven't carried a wood in my bag for several years and it's been a piece that has been missing so I'm glad to have this one. If you don't struggle with launch and spin then the ST-G may be a good fit for you. I struggle with those and wanted something that would help more in that area and the ST-Z showed that it does.

I need more time with the 3W on course. My swing has been crap the last two weeks.

Back