Mizuno ST-Max and Breaking Down the ST Drivers

Man every time I hit it the sounds draws attention. Not like the old Nike Sasquatch but it still turns head

The driver rabbit hole is never ending. Max forgiveness with a neutral face sounds perfect for me. Being a :mizuno: adds points too.

I added the ST-Max head to my bag for the next round. Going to use the same shaft I have been in my other driver and give it a whirl. My initial testing when I was at Mizuno was rock solid. Lets see how it goes.

I added the ST-Max head to my bag for the next round. Going to use the same shaft I have been in my other driver and give it a whirl. My initial testing when I was at Mizuno was rock solid. Lets see how it goes.
Curious to hear how it goes. I know there are some other heads you’ve enjoyed this year, so love to see how it compares.

Curious to hear how it goes. I know there are some other heads you’ve enjoyed this year, so love to see how it compares.
Me too honestly. I hit it well when I was there.
Its different than what I have been playing, but something about it sits right to me. There is definitely some confidence.

Is this for the Driver 1 or Driver 2 spot?

Look forward to your comments. I’m still waiting for mine to be delivered. Typical SNAFU I’m sort of blessed that way.

Look forward to your comments. I’m still waiting for mine to be delivered. Typical SNAFU I’m sort of blessed that way.
Mine came in yesterday, waiting for my 245 6i to come in so I can go pick them up together.
Can't wait to get this on the course.

Played today and am again on Monday. I love checking this club and seeing the ball mark center. Repeatedly. And for me the noise off the face is just so fun.

Now a snob of a buddy who said “I can’t believe you’re putting a Mizuno in your bag” now wants to hit mine.

Here’s some thing for @JW Smoove think you like this type of feedback. First Drive:
IMG_2203.jpeg

Since the face is shallower are you teeing up lower. If so, how much?

Edit… Great shot! Nice feedback!!

I really didn’t change my tee hit.
Best part was that I landed in the fairway and made par on the first hole of my first round of the year.

Last edited:
I can't stop thinking about this driver.

Yes. Absolutely so for me. It ends up being about a 1/4th in drop. But I need to try it more on the course.

Playing Monday in the rain but it’ll be a good test!

I used my new ST MAX driver for the first time the other day and it is definitely very forgiving! I usually struggle hitting it center of the face on a consistent basis. But the one shot that surprised me most was the Hi toe and it went dead straight and no loss of distance. I was absolutely stunned and very grateful. 😃 But after one 9-hole round, it worked out great for sure so far! 🙏 I can't wait till league starts this weekend and I get to use it for a full 18. 💪

Last edited:
Brutal weather today with it. Really wet, water logged course and brutal wind.

But this club and I are getting along very well. And I couldn’t be happier with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpeg
    IMG_1535.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
Well after more than 2 weeks from order to getting the club not in the condition stated, I finally got a club that meets my expectations - of course now I can't put it in play till next week, but, it's here - and, um, it looks BIG. I will post st-Z 230 vs St-Max 230 photos later or next week.

Well after more than 2 weeks from order to getting the club not in the condition stated, I finally got a club that meets my expectations - of course now I can't put it in play till next week, but, it's here - and, um, it looks BIG. I will post st-Z 230 vs St-Max 230 photos later or next week.
I have some pics if you want me to post them.

I have some pics if you want me to post them.
I was just trying to help others. Please feel free i have both. I feel the new Max is really big. But next to each other (and I’ve not put them next to each other) that may not be the case.

I was just trying to help others. Please feel free i have both. I feel the new Max is really big. But next to each other (and I’ve not put them next to each other) that may not be the case.
1000063525.jpg
1000063527.jpg
1000063529.jpg

It's definitely bigger in ways. It's about 3 mm longer heel to toe, about 2 mm shallower top to bottom, and maybe 4 mm longer front to back.

Haven't hit a Mizzy driver in a couple years. That needs to change.

Haven't hit a Mizzy driver in a couple years. That needs to change.
Only thing keeping me from a blind purchase is the Darkspeed. Need to demo both to make a decision. Watching muchy hit his AI Smoke has me pondering that too though. Too many options isn't a bad thing I guess.

I don't know what magic dust Mizuno and Vosh put into this club, but I tell you it delivers.

Used mine (finally) today. To set the table - did not hit a single ball with it before today's round. it was pristine new. I won't bore you with all the details, but #1 was right (pretty much where I aimed it), as I tend to draw the ball and wanted to be ready. It went straight. #18 I was out of gas and tried to kill it, right again, but also again straight right. Found it and played it. All the rest of my drives were either fairway or 3-6 ft off - in one case rolling through the fairway, and in another taking a bit of an odd bounce.

The club still looks close to pristine - some tee marks and few ball marks on the face.

Oh yea, had my longest drive since moving here today as well. Color me very impressed.

Back