MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so frustrated with the game last night... LaRussa outmanaged himself. Just a couple of the things that really pushed my buttons (I'm a HUGE Cardinals fan):

First, there was no reason to bench your NLCS MVP (Freese) for Descalso, knowing he was going to be batting in the next inning.
Second, pulling Motte for Rhoades because of 2 singles, was just ridiculous. I still don't know how Kinsler's hit wasn't caught...the ball was up in the air for about 5 minutes.

The Rangers will win Saturday. We are putting Lohse on the mound. I doubt the game is even close. The next 2 are toss-ups...hopefully we can take at least 1 of the 3 in Texas...if not 2 of the 3, somehow.

I'm so frustrated with the game last night... LaRussa outmanaged himself. Just a couple of the things that really pushed my buttons (I'm a HUGE Cardinals fan):

First, there was no reason to bench your NLCS MVP (Freese) for Descalso, knowing he was going to be batting in the next inning.
Second, pulling Motte for Rhoades because of 2 singles, was just ridiculous. I still don't know how Kinsler's hit wasn't caught...the ball was up in the air for about 5 minutes.
Funny, cause Ranger fans think Washington is outthinking himself in this National League ball. He has rode Murphy and Moreland all year long, and yes Murphy has trouble with left handed pitchers, but ride the bulls that got you there! Instead he pitch hits a guy with 11 plate appearances and he looks foolish at the plate.

Head scratching for both mangers that is for sure.

Big game once again tonight....curious to see if the Rangers start playing AL baseball now and if the Cards will adjust coming off that shocking loss the other night. Not the end of the word if either team goes down tonight but will definitely give the winner a leg up......for now.

MLB needs replay in the WS. Enough said. Absolute blown call at 1st base....plain terrible. Too much on the line for BS like this.

Tappin' from my iPad!

MLB needs replay in the WS. Enough said. Absolute blown call at 1st base....plain terrible. Too much on the line for BS like this.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I don't agree. I like the human error of the game. It's not like the missed calls are biased towards one team. And baseball games already take so darn long, why do we need to extend them by replaying every close play? Games would start to take 4-5 hours which is just way too much.

I don't agree. I like the human error of the game. It's not like the missed calls are biased towards one team. And baseball games already take so darn long, why do we need to extend them by replaying every close play? Games would start to take 4-5 hours which is just way too much.

I understand both sides but it would be EXTREMELY hard to swallow a loss in a game 7 due to umpire error. I understand that mistakes are made on close calls but the call that was missed at first was by a full stride....not even close.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I understand both sides but it would be EXTREMELY hard to swallow a loss in a game 7 due to umpire error. I understand that mistakes are made on close calls but the call that was missed at first was by a full stride....not even close.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yeah and that's human error. If you lost a game 7 on a missed call, so be it. You could have just as easily won it on a missed call. I think they should leave it how it is.

Yeah and that's human error. If you lost a game 7 on a missed call, so be it. You could have just as easily won it on a missed call. I think they should leave it how it is.

Fair enough....agree to disagree. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Works for me. But it's all about what the MLB decides. Let's go both teams! I want a good WS!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I don't agree with that, I agree with you. We have the technology to get every call correct and quickly, there is no argument I will accept that makes it ok to get a call wrong.

There is blown calls every game. It's part of baseball

tapatalk addict....

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cards already had that happen. They were owed

The Rangers played a bad game last night. It started with the blown call but the other 11 runs had nothing to do with that bad call. Bad defense, bad pitching and bad hitting with runners on is to blame. Good thing about the Rangers is they move on and forget rather quickly. They have to win tonight or its over. And with Holland starting Im not sure thats going to happen. They better shore up that defense though and let Ogando sit this one out.

Or Pujols was amazing. Tied/broke so many records.

That was actually Game 6. hehehe

(In Game 7, KC routed St. Louis in 1985)

I know. It bothered me as soon as I typed it but I left it up. For all intents and purposes it was over after that call anyway.

I'm ready for another Cards win tonight. Curious to see how they pitch to Pujols tonight or if they pitch around him...

Holland looking solid thus far. Nice early (albeit small) lead. Must win game for TX.....no doubt.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Holland looking solid thus far. Nice early (albeit small) lead. Must win game for TX.....no doubt.

Tappin' from my iPad!

What's the score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back