MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
11-1.

We lost 11-1 with a pitcher that is supposed to be solid.

I hope what the experts are saying is true and that Latos gets much better after April.

But another double digit bashing of the Sox's would be nice to sit through again..........

Besides Nathan struggling again, how nice was that? Red Sox bashing at its finest.

The Royals suck. Almost wish it would snow so I could go out and shovel. haha

The Royals suck.

Let me ask you this to get a KC perspective. Would the Royals make more money and be more successful if they actually paid to get some better players? My guess is that the Royals ownership cries poor anytime free agency comes around or they get pressure to sign someone to a big deal. They would say we don't have the ticket revenue or media revenues like the larger markets so they can't pay. What I tend to bring up to counter that would be that if they had a better producton the field, those revenues would go up. More people would watch on TV (new TV deal), more would go to the games, more people would pay to be involved with the Royals brand. It might not be huge, but little increase in a bunch of areas would be a big improvement. If memory serves me right (and it's been a long time), but the city supports the team when they are winning don't they? They develop a ton of talent but never keep them. What are the plans for Hosmer, Moose, Butler, Gordon, etc.? Will they just let them go or will they pay them and actually build a team around them? It seems like they are always just a few players away every year (mostly starting pitching) from getting over the hump, but they won't ever do anything about it. It's not like they are in the AL East either, it's a winnable division most any year.

Besides Nathan struggling again, how nice was that? Red Sox bashing at its finest.
Rare mistake by AB with that throwing error in the 9th didn't help him out. Nathan is another guy that is going to need a bit of the season to settle down into his own. But when he has 3 run leads to play around with, that makes things a bit easier to deal with.

Bring on Deeeeet!

Let me ask you this to get a KC perspective. Would the Royals make more money and be more successful if they actually paid to get some better players? My guess is that the Royals ownership cries poor anytime free agency comes around or they get pressure to sign someone to a big deal. They would say we don't have the ticket revenue or media revenues like the larger markets so they can't pay. What I tend to bring up to counter that would be that if they had a better producton the field, those revenues would go up. More people would watch on TV (new TV deal), more would go to the games, more people would pay to be involved with the Royals brand. It might not be huge, but little increase in a bunch of areas would be a big improvement. If memory serves me right (and it's been a long time), but the city supports the team when they are winning don't they? They develop a ton of talent but never keep them. What are the plans for Hosmer, Moose, Butler, Gordon, etc.? Will they just let them go or will they pay them and actually build a team around them? It seems like they are always just a few players away every year (mostly starting pitching) from getting over the hump, but they won't ever do anything about it. It's not like they are in the AL East either, it's a winnable division most any year.
Yep, they would. Ever since Kauffman died, the people who pay the bills are afraid to spend money to get and keep players. When Mr. K owned the team, the Royals were one of the biggest spenders (granted top payrolls were a lot lower than what they are now), but as late as 1994, they had the fourth highest payroll in baseball.

Ever since, they have basically been a major league farm club for the higher spending teams. They have said for years they are building teams around people, but once those guys hit free agency, they are gone. I don't see it changing any time soon. Thought they were headed in the right direction in the early 2000's, but here we are today and nothing has changed.

They are my team and I do root for them to win, but the truth is, they suck.

Braves offense is comin around the mountain! Yeee haw!

Braves offense is comin around the mountain! Yeee haw!
Yes sir, the Braves bats stayed hot! Nice win last night 10-2, Freddie Freeman with 2 jacks and Jason Heyward is awesome when healthy!

Guess CJ thought he was pitching a playoff game last night. :egyptian:

Guess CJ thought he was pitching a playoff game last night. :egyptian:

LOL! Enjoy the new pitcher Angels. Maybe he can hit HR's since Albert left his bat back with the Cards.

LOL! Enjoy the new pitcher Angels. Maybe he can hit HR's since Albert left his bat back with the Cards.

7 games back already after 13 games, but hey it's the Angles with their $155 million dollar payroll, they'll be there in the end............right? :laughing:

Thanks to MLB Extra Innings, i get to watch the Dbacks telecast of the Braves/DBacks games.

Anyway, the announcers have been ripping on Chipper Jones all night for being 40. He just dove at a bunt, barehanded it and threw the runner out at first. What happened next, you ask? Oh, he perfectly executed a suicide squeeze going from 3rd to home. Keep talking Dbags.

Thanks to MLB Extra Innings, i get to watch the Dbacks telecast of the Braves/DBacks games.

Anyway, the announcers have been ripping on Chipper Jones all night for being 40. He just dove at a bunt, barehanded it and threw the runner out at first. What happened next, you ask? Oh, he perfectly executed a suicide squeeze going from 3rd to home. Keep talking Dbags.

Damnit, I will hardly get to see any games this year. Not being on TBS anymore is stupid.

Damnit, I will hardly get to see any games this year. Not being on TBS anymore is stupid.
The MLB app is phenomenal for video highlights.

Kansas City just lost their 7th straight.

They are also 0-7 at home. Awesome.

Philip Humber of the White Sox is oh-so-close to a perfect game.

3-2 count with a perfect game on the line, haha. One out away.

And he strikes him out. A career journeyman. Good for him!

Good for Humber. I wish I could've watched. Pretty cool!

This should be the sign that is posted on the Red Sox bullpen:

Flammable-Caution-Sign-S-1856.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back