Moments you hate golf

I never hate golf. It seems a golf hates me sometimes.

Hate golf?

This has happened in my life....NEVER !

I have a day like that I call my coach. "Help! I'm hitting everything fat! I have a case of the 's' word!"

"I can see you tomorrow at 11:00 a.m." he says.

I get there and pure the first four shots. Then it starts. Then he tells me not to give up and works with me to correct the problem.

I had a moment like this, this time last year. The absolute WORST time to get that feeling. I was about two months from the Grandaddy and I was hitting more hosel rockets that straight shots. Thankfully, after two mini video sessions and one face to face session at GolfTec, I was able to right the ship. Though I didn't play fully as well as I wanted to at the Grandaddy, I didn't play bad and I didn't beat myself. BUT that was very frustrating!

This only happens when the weather is so bad I can't go out and play!!

I hate golf when I cant golf.

There are moments, but they're just that...moments. I'll get all kinds of angry after a bad shot (or series of bad shots), but it hasn't ever gotten to the point that I considered quitting or laying off for a while. In fact, quite the opposite is true. I'm afraid to go even a week without playing out of fear that I'll lose some of the progress I've made.

some sayings that ring true for me about golf,

golf is a game you can not win, only play,

perfection is unattainable, excellence is strived for.

keep these in mind to put a bad day in perspective!

Forgetting what I did to make it good during my previous outing. I've got to start keeping a golf journal.

Every month when I pay the club dues. Lasts for about 10 minutes. Then I make a tee time.

Normally I hate golf when it's 30 degrees outside and i have to watch golf on tv..it only makes me want to play even more

I've been there. Three years ago I went through a stretch where I couldn't do anything right on the course, my game sucked and I didn't have any buddies around that liked playing so I was usually paired up with people that were rude golfers and I got burnt out. I hung my clubs up, bought a boat and swore fishing was going to be my new hobby. That lasted through that summer. Spring came and I went out once to give it a try, shot a 39 and got back in to it. I just needed that little break.

I must still be in the honeymoon phase of the game, but the part I hate the most is when my range session is over or I'm done on the course...

when what minuscule semblance of a putting stroke I still possess completely vanishes, I hate the game and want to take my toys and go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when what minuscule semblance of a putting stroke I still possess completely vanishes, I hate the game and want to take my toys and go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll second this, I'm not a good putter to start out with either. When the wheels come off on the greens, I am miserable! I'm working on putting at home this winter, a lot.

Back